Most interesting relationships in ASOIAF?

Elia Sand

For me it's Jaime and Cersei. It's strange to see how they seemed devoted to each other in AGoT...then watching that slowly deteriorate over the course of four books.

If you don't agree with someone else, please don't hate. The magic word is peace.

Theon and Ramsay, hands down!!! I'm just going to quote what I wrote about them in another thread :

Theon and Ramsay: I have actually written several essays on these two. they have some things in common in terms of how they deal with some issues, with the fundamental difference that Ramsay is a psycho, which leads to him having issues resulting in the destruction of everyone arround him and Theon's resulting in the destruction of himself. there's also the obession part. Ramsay decides he needs a new Reek and becomes super attached to him because he created Reek to be whatever Ramsay wanted him to be. and Ramsay has certain needs (like the attention he doesn't get from his father for example) that Reek now fullfills and eventually he depends on him. then there's the thing where Theon has lived his life putting a fake identity on himself, this is a problem because it's quite exhausting to constantly reinvent yourself, but in the end this fake identity saved him from Ramsay and Ramsay "saved" him from his fake identity. He breaks Theon, but he mostly breaks this wall of fake identity Theon has been building, then rebuilds him as Reek, but fake identities are fragile, especially when the person is not trying to hold on to said fake identity anymore. so Theon sheds his Reek person and suddenly he's free of all his fake identities and now has a chance to becomes the true Theon.

honorable mention: Jaime and Cersei & Sansa and Petyr

Certainly the most intriguing relationship for me is still Rhaegar and Lyanna. Simply because we know so little about what the nature of it was.

On another level, I find the relationship between the members of the Sand Snakes with each other, and with Arianne, to be interesting.

Brienne and Jaime interests me.

SanSan was interesting but not sure if it is going anywhere.

Arya and Jaqen

btw, what is this shipping and why no one does it, is this bad?

shipping is usually when someone wants two characters to be in a romantic relationship, then they say they ship them. but everyone seems to have their own specific relationship. I tend to not care about any romantic relationship canon or nor canon, I usually have one character I focus on and not a relationship. but some people say that I ship thramsay because I love their canon relationship so much. so I guess it depends on what exactly you mean. there's people who say shipping is simply when you like a relationship of two characters whether it's romantic or friends or brothers and so...

shipping is usually when someone wants two characters to be in a romantic relationship, then they say they ship them. but everyone seems to have their own specific relationship. I tend to not care about any romantic relationship canon or nor canon, I usually have one character I focus on and not a relationship. but some people say that I ship thramsay because I love their canon relationship so much. so I guess it depends on what exactly you mean. there's people who say shipping is simply when you like a relationship of two characters whether it's romantic or friends or brothers and so...

Ok, thanks :)

I have no romantic shipment for Arya and J, they have intresting relationship for other reasons.

Archived