GRRM ~ 12 Days of Westeros on Twitter ~ V.7

Ser Cold Fingers

I just had a thought. Since the 12 days is by Random House, the sigils are from awoiaf, and they are actively promoting that book. I can't help but think that explains the #books tag. Also sadly, because I was on the hype train too, I imagine if this is a promotion and there is anything waiting for us at the end of the twelve days, it would just be some sort of savings to buy a copy. :frown5:

That was one of my theories as well, but since I REALLY want it, but it's a bit out of my price range, I'd love a sale on it. Then again, new releases hardly ever go on sale in the fisrt 6 months - a year, so I'm also hoping for a discount on the ASOIAF books because I want those in paperback. ...or, dare I hope, hardcover. I have an old school kindle, so it's a pain in the ass to flip through past books for reference.

I think they'll skip house Stark because there's not really a house right now.

You honestly believe this?

For the record; there isn't "really" a House Targaryen either. Aegon has just landed and hasn't established a formal seat.

The promotional event is called the "The 12 days of Westeros;" not the 12 Days of Essos, nor the 12 Days of Planteos.....so, that would exclude Dany from representing House Targaryen, based on your logic. Less you forget Bran and Rickon are alive and well...in WESTEROS, just like fAegon.

Fact of the matter, is there isn't a snowball's chance in hell; that House Stark or Targaryen is left of this promotional event.

The creativity on this thread never ceases to amaze or amuse. Perhaps with this being a countdown to winter solstice, the last one will feature a magnificently horrifying picture of the White Walkers and wights arriving with ice spiders and such. Winter will have arrived.

She's still alive, right? Hanging at the Dreadfort, I imagine.

That would be my guess. It was stated that Ramsay rounded up the women and took them to the Dreadfort for his sport...or something like that. Not sure how much sport Old Nan would be...but until it is confirmed she is dead...I choose to believe she is alive.

You honestly believe this?

For the record; there isn't "really" a House Targaryen either. Aegon has just landed and hasn't established a formal seat.

The promotional event is called the "The 12 days of Westeros;" not the 12 Days of Essos, nor the 12 Days of Planteos.....so, that would exclude Dany from representing House Targaryen, based on your logic. Less you forget Bran and Rickon are alive and well...in WESTEROS, just like fAegon.

Fact of the matter, is there isn't a snowball's chance in hell; that House Stark or Targaryen is left of this promotional event.

I finished my post by saying, "I'm probably all wrong." Can you read?

Calm down, dude.

Although, I am having trouble imagining what the Stark greeting would say. "On the 10th day the Starks mourned their loved ones"?!?! It kind of difficult.

She's still alive, right? Hanging at the Dreadfort, I imagine.

Most likely, no. There is no reason for Ramsay to keep her alive. He wants to kill Bran and Rickon and keeping her alive would only benefit the boys, in form of keeping a friendly face around. That doesn't seem, like the Ramsay we all love.

The only hope for being alive, is that she escaped the carnage at WF and made it to one of loyal Houses.

I really...REALLY hope she is alive.

As for back on top: Are we all thinking Lannisters today?

That would be my guess. It was stated that Ramsay rounded up the women and took them to the Dreadfort for his sport...or something like that. Not sure how much sport Old Nan would be...but until it is confirmed she is dead...I choose to believe she is alive.

This is a basic rule of story-telling. No one is dead unless its is shown "on screen" and, even then, resurrections, dreams and switches make it uncertain.

I thinks its rather funny that some peope will take a strong position on something like Syrio. Clearly, its meant to be ambiguous. The author is allowing himself leeway. Why paint oneself into a corner when one doesn't need to?

The same is true of Old Nan. She might return, she might not, but its certainly not in GRRM's best interest to commit to one or the other.

Most likely, no. There is no reason for Ramsay to keep her alive. He wants to kill Bran and Rickon and keeping her alive would only benefit the boys, in form of keeping a friendly face around. That doesn't seem, like the Ramsay we all love.

The only hope for being alive, is that she escaped the carnage at WF and made it to one of loyal Houses.

I really...REALLY hope she is alive.

As for back on top: Are we all thinking Lannisters today?

All we know is that Ramsay rounded up the women who survived the sack of Winterfell and took them back to the Dreadfort for his sport. Old Nan was old and frail so in reality, the chances of her survival is low. But this fantasy and it is was never mentioned in the text that she is alive or dead. I choose to believe she is alive...even if it only turns out to be that she is alive in her stories she told the Stark children.

And yes...I am thinking the Lannisters today...with a golden theme.

This is a basic rule of story-telling. No one is dead unless its is shown "on screen" and, even then, resurrections, dreams and switches make it uncertain.

I thinks its rather funny that some peope will take a strong position on something like Syrio. Clearly, its meant to be ambiguous. The author is allowing himself leeway. Why paint oneself into a corner when one doesn't need to?

The same is true of Old Nan. She might return, she might not, but its certainly not in GRRM's best interest to commit to one or the other.

True enough!

All we know is that Ramsay rounded up the women who survived the sack of Winterfell and took them back to the Dreadfort for his sport. Old Nan was old and frail so in reality, the chances of her survival is low. But this fantasy and it is was never mentioned in the text that she is alive or dead. I choose to believe she is alive...even if it only turns out to be that she is alive in her stories she told the Stark children.

And yes...I am thinking the Lannisters today...with a golden theme.

True enough!

I HAVE to believe that Old Nan is alive, I had not considered her age and frailty, damn. I would really love it if she and Bran met up again and he could tell her his stories and how true hers were. But I think it would only happen in the Disney version of this series.

Hey All,

I started this tiny project a couple days ago and didn't get around to posting it. I've mapped out the houses that have been done so far (in yellow) and then added my predictions of which houses are to come in red. The first couple days were in the "North" (Riverlands, North, Vale). Then they started swooping down south. The red dots and arrows are where I'm predicting the rest of the #12daysofwesteros will travel to.

Obviously, they just did Baratheon, but that was my prediction for the next house. Geographically, it would make sense to hit Lannister next at Casterly Rock, then King's Landing/Dragonstone but it be a greeting card from the Targaryens.

I think they'll skip house Stark because there's not really a house right now.

So from King's Landing/Dragonstone they'll hit the Wall, and then the Maesters. The Maesters will fall on the actual first day of winter, and there will be some White Raven on the card (oOoOoOr the announcement that Winds of Winter is finished).

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1AT3qZSDW2HwtD0gTuKYckvrhxf_Vu_UjRwIJ-6WM4Zk/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000

I'm probably all wrong, but I'm running out of things to entertain myself with the series.

(Psych, I'm going to start my fourth read over Christmas Break)

You really think they leave the STARKS out?!?

You really think they leave the STARKS out?!?

I think it could happen. I just think a greeting card from a family that nobody in Westeros knows exists anymore will be difficult.

"On the 10th day Winterfell remained inhabited by the homeless"

"On the 12th day the Starks mourned their loved ones"

"On the 9th day Sansa reminisced"

All joking aside, what can they say? How do you make a greeting card from a family that has been destroyed? Although, house Tully is in bad shape and they made one for them. We'll see.

Archived