Dawn

Love Is A Sweet Poison

Edric "Ned" Dayne will come home and claim and claim Dawn.

He will fuck shit up.

The end.

It would be plausible if George didnot abandon the 5 year gap. However, that plan failed and George invented Darkstar to go steal Dawn and bring it into the story.

I think Dawn was the original Lightbringer. Both were said to be forged in a "heart": Nissa Nissa for LB, and the heart of a falling star for Dawn. Well, that falling star need not be literal. After all, the Daynes do have a falling star on their sigil, so you could refer to a Dayne as a falling star the same way you refer to a Lannister as a lion, etc. Credit to Lady Gwyn and Yolkboy for that last part.

I like your idea. There is a House named Starfall though. That's where Brienne is from I believe. Ser Duncan's shield is there. I have often wondered about this sword myself. Its said that the person that yields it has to be very special. I don't think Darkstar is the person that could bring its power to light as it were.

^^^

That is House Tarth of Evenfall Hall.

However, I should also mention that Tarth seems like the source of Andal legend Ser Galladon of Morne and his legendary sword Just Maid which could cut anything. The Maiden fell in love with this warrior and gave him this sword. This theme is consistent with R+L=Lightbringer.

Thank you Mithras for that passage from TWOIF!

The first Ser Artys Arryn supposedly rode upon a huge falcon (possibly a distorted memory of dragonriders seen from afar, Archmaester Perestan suggests). Armies of eagles fought at his command. To win the Vale, he flew to the top of the Giant’s Lance and slew the Griffin King. He counted giants and merlings amongst his friends, and wed a woman of the children of the forest, though she died giving birth to his son.

Holy SHIT!!! RL keeps me busy so I couldn't find time proper to read TWOIAF, but I'm definitely going to do it during the holidays.

Now I'm 100% convinced that the Lightbringer from the prophecies is actually a child. Bran the Builder, surely! http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/104303-blood-and-origin-of-house-stark/ My take on the origin of House Stark seems more likely than ever. Though, now I'm definitely of a mind that the Starks also have WW blood in the them.

My new take on things:

- Last Hero breeds with COTF female = Brandon Stark of Legend (the builder = The Lightbringer)

- Bran Stark (a hybrid himself) marries a female White Walker = the end of Long Night, a blood pact between WW's and Men (based on the blood and the continuing of the line from the hybrid) = As long as there is a Stark in Winterfell... Later on the legend is distorted into Night King Brandon and yadda, yadda. This way the WW's become more then just Sauron the big Bad, they have an agenda of sorts.

And as I said in my thread; Daynes and Dawn and the title Sword of The Morning and how they are an ancient house all give me reason to believe that the Last Hero probably was a Dayne. Maybe they are some protoValyrian race (given their Valyrian features) or they are descendants from some species of Men that knew how to work steel of even better metal.

Archived