R+L=J v. 129

Kat

Does anyone think that the show will address Jon's stabbing this season? Does anyone think they will address what happens afterwards?

I'm thinking yes to the first. I remember Harington saying something about having to film a long and complicated scene that took like a month to do. That pretty much has to be either the stabbing or the LC election. Either way it looks like Jon's arc is ramping up, with the LC election and his ADWD stuff all coming this season.

Not sure on the second.

The one thing that intrigues me is that Bowen Marsh was cast for a few episodes but not any episodes where the stabbing would logically be (9 or 10). I remember a few of us discussing it when he was cast.

1. Maybe he is in a later episode and they're keeping it under wraps to avoid people being able to see it coming.

2. Maybe Marsh isn't the one who stabs Jon. But then, why cast him?

3. Maybe the stabbing takes place earlier in the season and is resolved later in the season. Which would be huge given that it would theoretically solve the biggest cliffhanger of the last book before WoW even came out.

I toyed with the idea of Jon being stabbed mid-season and then kept totally out of commission for 2-3 episodes, with the season finale ending with him waking up or whatever it is he's going to do.

I think Jon will be stabbed in episode 9 and we won't see the Wall at all in episode 10; alternatively if we do see the Wall it will be briefly and it will be Mel saying something cryptic. Leave the audience hanging. I think we'll have to wait until 6 to see what happens after that (or...Winds will come out. *insert hope here*)

I think if the stabbing were to occur this season which it should cause they wouldn't have the cliffhanger early next season but yeah I think it will be one of the last things we see in episode 10 and there won't be much explanation afterwards i think it should zoom out on jon collapsing with fighting breaking out around him

Now that I think about it, we've never had a cliffhanger 'dead or alive?' scene in episode 10, have we?

No. But the deaths we've gotten in episode 9s have been unambiguous, with I suppose the exception of Davos in "Blackwater." So it'd still be a departure to make Jon's stabbing cliffhanger occur in episode 9 when, for instance, Robb and Catelyn's deaths and Ned's were very clear-cut.

Episode 10s have been more of denouement and a set-up for the next season. But it'd be bold of them to go in another direction.

No. But the deaths we've gotten in episode 9s have been unambiguous, with I suppose the exception of Davos in "Blackwater." So it'd still be a departure to make Jon's stabbing cliffhanger occur in episode 9 when, for instance, Robb and Catelyn's deaths and Ned's were very clear-cut.

Episode 10s have been more of denouement and a set-up for the next season. But it'd be bold of them to go in another direction.

Well, we also got Tyrion's 'death' in Blackwater...only to find him alive at the beginning of episode 10.

I think we'll get a different directly simply because that's how the books were set up- everything ended on a cliffhanger. Unless they are going to give away everything and decide to wrap things up for a fresh start in Season 6 (which they could, tbf), I think we are going to have the season ending on cliffhangers.

I think there will be two big cliffhangers that will fall on episodes 9 and 10: Jon's stabbing and Dany flying off on Drogon. Both events will blow the Unsullied's minds and make them just a wee bit frantic. The order could be reversed so that Dany lies in 9 and Jon is stabbed in 10, but those would be the two big OMG!!! moments. Episode titles would be helpful.

Well, we also got Tyrion's 'death' in Blackwater...only to find him alive at the beginning of episode 10.

I think we'll get a different directly simply because that's how the books were set up- everything ended on a cliffhanger. Unless they are going to give away everything and decide to wrap things up for a fresh start in Season 6 (which they could, tbf), I think we are going to have the season ending on cliffhangers.

Even though we're still in the book territory on the show, this is really the first season where they could feasibly really, really go off the reservation if they want. On the one hand it's a little scary, but on the other, at least it'll be unpredictable.

Even though we're still in the book territory on the show, this is really the first season where they could feasibly really, really go off the reservation if they want. On the one hand it's a little scary, but on the other, at least it'll be unpredictable.

If they did go into uncharted territory, there will be a lot of happy squealing coming from my house.

I hoped Jon gets stabbed next season (the sixth) else, it will seem extremely rushed once again. And since WoW isn't out yet, D&D have absolutely no reason to rush through the story. I don't understand why they do that....

Because the show is insanely expensive to make. I also think that some of the actors are probably eager to be done and move on.

I hoped Jon gets stabbed next season (the sixth) else, it will seem extremely rushed once again. And since WoW isn't out yet, D&D have absolutely no reason to rush through the story. I don't understand why they do that....

They aren't rushing through it. 7 seasons for a tv show is an AMAZING run. Most don't ever get past season 1. And they've been working on this since 2007...so what feels like a few years for us is really an eternity for them.

In any case, they can't tie themselves to the books, nor should they. The show will outstrip the books. That's just the fact of it. So the showrunners should do what works best for their show and nothing or nobody else.

Archived