Acrophobia #14 - Traveling Essos - the winner is Fragile Bird!

lil' ghost

I did a "re-read" last year by listening to all the books on audio cds. I have found, since then, it' become a lot easier to pick up any of the volumes and read. Mind you, I could read Feast for Crows over and over, I know many people didn't like that book, but I really enjoyed it. :)

Book five is better on re-reads than first reads, btw. Strange but true.

I'm actually rereading Feast and Dance together currently, trying to keep the timeline vaguely intact, although only sporadically picking them up, interspersed with TWOIAF and a couple of non-fiction books, one on screenwriting and one about Tom Waits.

First: 1. Dressed in tokars, wealthy slavers brutally ruled.

Second: 7. Daenerys' idealism transformed woebegone slaves. Beware reactionaries....

Third: 6. Dodge it. Tangled weaves spawn bored readers.

I'm actually rereading Feast and Dance together currently, trying to keep the timeline vaguely intact, although only sporadically picking them up, interspersed with TWOIAF and a couple of non-fiction books, one on screenwriting and one about Tom Waits.

You'll have to PM me the chapter order sometime.

It's a nice order. It mostly tries to sort chapters chronologically, up sometimes it neglects that for the purpuse of storytelling, e.g. it puts the Arianne chapters with the "My brother is gone to ursurp my birth right!" - "No, your brother is gone to get our heart's desire!" before any of the Quentyn chapters.

Round 5 voting:

Dothraki Sea / Red Waste

N M E Y H U G F

1. Not many embark yonder. Hot. Uninhabited. Greenhorns fry.

2. New Mongolia - even yurts! Has uber Gobi - far-out!

3. Nomadic masses extract yieldings, haunting ubiquitous grasslands forevermore.

4. Necromancers' magic? Essos yields House Undying's grim fatality…

5. No moisture expected. Young heiress urges going forth.

6. “Neanderthal’s motherland” explains Yandel. “Humanity’s undoubted genetic fountainhead.”

7. Numinous maiden, ethereal youth, happily undermined grassy fraternity.

8. 'neath melodic equestrian's yattering hair, upland grasses flourish.

9. Nowhere more empty, yet horsemen unflinchingly give fealty.

10. Nearby, mankind evolved, Yandel holds. Useless gossip, folks.

Vote for your favorite 3

Deadline to vote Monday 2.9.15 at 11am EST

Archived