Cancer Sucks

Lyanna<3Rhaegar

:grouphug: to all. Cancer does fucking suck.

My nan died of complications from lung cancer. My dad died of a heart attack, but he also had the start of emphysema. They were both relatively young - 70 and 49 respectively. My mum is a heavy smoker and has a terrible cough - I keep telling her to go to the doctors, but she's too stubborn.

Best wishes to all who posted.

I'm very sorry your family is going through this, Lyanna. Hugs to all of your families who deal with this.

I've seen a few go through treatment, but so far they have made it. My little brother had cancer in the kidney when he was little so it was removed, and he's all well now but it was a tough time through treatment and until he was all cleared. He's a healthy strong guy, and he can always have one of my kidneys if he should need one again. A coworker had leukemia just a few years ago, and he's well now. A friend was recently declared cancer free too. So, good outcomes for the people I know.

And yeah, I got a bracelet that says "fuck cancer" so I share the sentiment. The youth cancer organization here sells them and donate the money to research.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 5 years ago at the ripe old age of 40. I had a bilateral mastectomy and am doing fine. I have some wicked scars, and hate pink crap, but other than that, it pretty much changed my life forever. :/ I still manage to have a good time, though.

My uncle and aunt both died of cancer. My uncle had lung cancer, my aunt had inflammatory breast cancer.

Cancer sucks, for sure.

Not going to get personal here, other than

FUCK CANCER

:angry2:

There are very few times in my life that I drop the F-bomb , but this is one time I shout it loud and clear!!

Our family has had it's share of cancer.

It's losses .

My own mother, both my in-laws , two aunts. Lyanna<3Rhaegar, I'm not going to lie. Watching my mother's struggle with cancer and then her losing that battle was ONE of the most painful times of my life. It's been 5 yrs and I miss her terribly. You never get over it, you just learn to deal with it better.

As well as it's survivors!

My father, two aunts, sis-in law, a cousin and one so precious to me: My own grandbuddy.

...born in 2010 with multiple "spots" on his liver and kidneys, he was diagnosed with bilaterial Wilms (kidney cancer) two days before his first birthday. After treatment, he was in remission briefly. He was a few months shy of 3 yrs old when he was once again undergoing surgery and a more aggressive chemo treatment. His last chemo was Sept. 27, 2013. And so far....Cancer free!

My heart goes out to all you .

FUCK CANCER!

Cancer does suck. Pops was diagnosed with bladder cancer last year and they removed his left kidney. He made it through chemo, but has had weakness issues since.

He's fallen several times and over the past week has fallen daily. He went into the hospital early Thursday morning.

This morning, they called a code blue. He is now in ICU and on a ventilator and emergency dialysis. Apparently, his remaining kidney shut down.

FUCK CANCER!

Cancer does suck. Pops was diagnosed with bladder cancer last year and they removed his left kidney. He made it through chemo, but has had weakness issues since.

He's fallen several times and over the past week has fallen daily. He went into the hospital early Thursday morning.

This morning, they called a code blue. He is now in ICU and on a ventilator and emergency dialysis. Apparently, his remaining kidney shut down.

FUCK CANCER!

I couldn't agree more, my friend, i shall be thinking of you and hoping his suffering will be over soon...

my father went with lung cancer and at the end i was grateful his pain was over...so i shall reiterate...

Fuck Cancer!

My partner's grandad has almost every kind of ailment going - cancer, dementia, organ failure. I never heard of them putting such a person through chemo at the ripe old age of 93, but he seemed to be responding well, until today. He's back in hospital, this time with a brain tumour, and it doesn't look good. At this point, I want to shout "let him go in peace!" Poor guy.

Fuck cancer.

On a slightly more positive note, the UK's version of "fuck cancer" (the cancer research TV advert) has very empowering and motivating music. Just an observation.

Archived