Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 9 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

ummmm how do we not have another trailer or production video yet?

why does the promo for this season suck so much. the first season 5 trailer didn't tell shit compared to the first season 4 trailer either.

/whiny post

Lol, they're trying to hide everything from us because it's diverging so much from the books, which is both good and bad. At least they are making your storyline better.

I don't think Dany spending a season rallying the Dothraki would be viable at all. Who would be around her to interact with? And as you said, we've already seen the Dothraki, and the show is already pushing people's patience with the Dany in Essos bit.

Exactly, with only seven seasons left (there will be more than seven books I guarantee you) Dany really can't piss around anymore.

I decided to search back and revisit these posts of tinfoil.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/119463-season-5-casting-news-and-speculation-v-6-show-spoilers/page-178#entry6470556

Mos predicts 1 sole episode for the Dothraki in S6, Fez 2, Me 2.

I think we can agree that whatever happens, it needs to take place fairly quickly to wrap up Slaver's Bay by midseason and get her ass on a boat. Hell, she may need to stop in Volantis or Pentos too in the books. They would probably just axe one or both of those places in the show.

ummmm how do we not have another trailer or production video yet?

why does the promo for this season suck so much. the first season 5 trailer didn't tell shit compared to the first season 4 trailer either.

/whiny post

There was a month between trailer 1 and trailer 2 last year for Season 4. It's been 2 weeks since the Season 5 trailer. How often do they pump out trailers?

Season 4

Trailer 1: Official Trailer - January 12, 2014

Trailer 2: Vengeance - February 16, 2014

Trailer 3: Secrets - March 9, 2014

Trailer 4: Devil Inside - March 18, 2014

Season 5

Trailer 1: Official Trailer - January 30, 2014

We should get another trailer sometime in the next few weeks.

Wait what!

http://mustangnews.net/game-of-thrones-season-5-premiere-comes-to-cal-poly-early/

and AdmiralKyrd your prediction for Daenerys is quite interesting.

Welp, looks like we'll already have Episode 1 totally spoiled by the time it airs. I might take an ASOIAF sabbatical during that timeframe.

As per the predictions, tinfoil. A lot of the S5 stuff has already been disproven.

Welp, looks like we'll already have Episode 1 totally spoiled by the time it airs. I might take an ASOIAF sabbatical during that timeframe.

As per the predictions, tinfoil. A lot of the S5 stuff has already been disproven.

Yup, I will make myself scarce during that timeframe, as well.

lol i really dont care about spoilers at all tbh. fuck GRRM's slow ass and D&D are such hack writers imo that i feel no need to remain unspoiled so i can experience their work in its ~full glory. in fact, better it is that i know spoilers so i can have some time to abate my anger if its stupid or to grab some popcorn and watch the fandom go bonkers over it.

/turning into IRL cersei (without the murder and incest obvs)

This might sound really insulting but if GRRM was writing all the scripts for the show, we might still be in its first or second season. But anyway, I think D&D and GRRM have a lot of pressure on them to begin with.

no you're only speaking truth. GRRM is too busy writing posts about how life is meaningless and full of pain because of football on livejournal.

If we are talking about the best written episodes, I would go with:

Winter Is Coming - D&D

Baelor - D&D

Fire and Blood - D&D

Blackwater - GRRM

Valar Morghulis - D&D

And Now His Watch Is Ended - D&D

Kissed By Fire - Bryan Cogman

Second Sons - D&D

The Rains of Castamere - D&D

The Lion and the Rose - GRRM

I think that 509 could easily make this list if Daznak's Pit is done right.

no you're only speaking truth. GRRM is too busy writing posts about how life is meaningless and full of pain because of football on livejournal.

I think it is a little embarrassing that the TV show is going ahead of the books, but what can you do. A Storm of Swords is genius though.

I find this point where the two mediums are converging is rather fascinating. I opens up a whole lot of possibilities and makes you think about the books, the show, the translations between them... it's an interesting melange.

I just read this on imdb: Maybe for Dany to get to Westeros sooner she can hand the reigns of Meereen to Hizdahr in episode 10. This is why show-Hizdahr is more sensitive, intelligent, likable, etc. than his book counterpart: so that Dany can be made to look wise when she finally realizes Meereen must be left in the hands of someone native to it, someone more well-suited to deal with its problems.

Thus, Drogon eliminates much of the Meereen problem by killing the Sons of the Harpy in ep. 9, and Hizdhar can be left with the task of reshaping the city in ep. 10. Tyrion and Dany sail to Westeros in the final scene of the season.

Archived