Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 9 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

No Iron Islands , this season. I have to say I guessed wrong on that one. So far my antenne wiggly around at things that are screwy enough for D and D to like. I figured if not Kingsmoot, then the crazy Greyjoy uncles, maybe next year.

(As far as I know no ever asked Gemma about anything GOT during season 5 shooting.

Gemma didn't , as far as I know, even get to give the standard denial.

Did she?

Well here's some interesting tinfoil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mttpaM8I4MY#t=0m50s

Why would Gemma say the "Seastone Chair," like that name is a big deal, when she hasn't read the books. She's only read "random bits of her character." Maybe the name of the chair just resonated with her when she read a little bit but...hmmmm...

Reintroduction of Winterfell, Boltons and Theon in 501

The Prince of Winterfell in 503 or 504

The Turncloak in 506

The King's Prize in 507

A Ghost of Winterfell in 508

Theon's Escape in 509.

The Sacrifice in 509 or 510

Beginning of Battle of Ice in 510

What do you mean by reintroduction of Winterfell? Have people forgot about it already?

Well, it was never completely clear for viewers that the castle the Boltons went in 408 was Winterfell. A shame, though, since a simple "Winterfell is mine" by Roose or Ramsay wouldny have been difficult to write.

I guess we'll have Ramsay teasing Reek about his old home in 501.

Well, it was never completely clear for viewers that the castle the Boltons went in 408 was Winterfell. A shame, though, since a simple "Winterfell is mine" by Roose or Ramsay wouldny have been difficult to write.

I guess we'll have Ramsay teasing Reek about his old home in 501.

Just sitting her contemplating it, making it more clear that's Winterfell without making the dialogue feel forced isn't easy. A charred banner hanging from a post with direwolves and "Winterfell" might have helped.

Regarding the second "fighting pit" I have wondered if this might be venue when Tyrion moves from slave destined for Daznak's to sitting in the stands with Hizdahr? Some of the constructions in those set pictures seemed like they could be used for a "release the lions" device, but maybe Dany rescues Tyrion from this, as per the books? Then, later in the day at Daznak's, the "rescued dwarf" is in the stands as Hizdahr's attendant? Not sure, though, why Jorah would be fighting in both venues.

Regarding Sam at Hardhome, have I missed something, or does he only appear there in the concept art for the set? Have we actually seen him in any of the shooting scenes there? Does his appearance in the concept art = appearance there in the show?

I think Tyrion gets freed by Dany. Dany said Jorah would be dead if she saw him again, so she orders him to fit in the pits. (but of course she can't actually sit back and watch him die or maybe Hizdahr plans on unleashing lions on Jorah) so she goes down to the pit only to be confronted by the sons of the harpy disguised in brazen beast costumes

There's actually no evidence that Sam goes to Hardhome but it is speculated on because it was seen in the background of the 'day in life' video. Concept art is just that- a concept, it could have changed in production.

Good point. Helping with the election, FPM, uncovering details on the White Walkers (which I think everyone would be interested in), Sam should have a big season. Too good of a season if you ask me. If everything is going right for him as time goes on and he joins Jon in the Hardhome mission and leaves Gilly at Castle Black, I could definitely see him biting the dust, and Gilly, if the baby isn't important, would die in the chaos at Castle Black. It really depends how cuttable the Oldtown stuff is, but I am going to be paying close attention to Sam this season. Shit, if Jon returns to Castle Black telling Gilly about Sam and then the Pink Letter happens, that would be RW level stuff for me. Maybe Sam is just in that concept art and won't actually go.

I think Sam will have a big season as well. Although he may not get as much screentime as Jon he will be doing a lot of background work, they'll definitely cover Jon and Sam's first chapters in ADWD and AFFC. If Sam dies Gilly may be sent away by Jon to keep her baby safe. Could send her away to Randyll Tarly (although that would be a horrible fate for Gilly and wouldn't make sense without sam being there.) But most likely she'll stay at castle black or run away after 'pink letter' mutiny.

I think Tyrion will appear in:

Pentos = Episode 1, 2

Volantis = Episode 3, 5

Route to Meereen = Episode 6, 7

Slave Auction in Slaver's Bay = Episode 8

Daznak's Pit = Episode 9

Meereen = Episode 10

I think Varys will appear in:

Pentos = Episode 1, 2

Volantis = Episode 3, 5

King's Landing = Episode 10

I'm pretty sure there is evidence that Tyrion and Jorah definitely get sold in the slave auction in episode 7, it happens the opposite, the buyers want Jorah and tyrion convinces the slavers to buy him as well.

I would say,

Pentos 1,2 (leave for Volantis)

Volantis 3 (abducted by jorah) and 4 leave volantis for the sorrows.

eps 5&6 will be their journey to mereen where they'll be intercepted by slavers

ep 7 will be the auction and perhaps a few interactions with jorah and slavers, gaining a reputation for being funny

ep 8 Tyrion will perform in front of Hizdahr and Dany as entertainment and Dany will get angry seeing that tyrion is a slave and free him, punishing the owner

ep 9 tyrion will be at daznaks

ep 10 tyrion, jorah and barristan will help run Mereen when Dany leaves

BTW it would be okay it they just switched the positions of Volantis and Selhorys, because there's a stretch of river between them and going up river wouldn't make sense as well as taking a rowing boat to Mereen. Selhorys can just be a port town and Volantis can still be a big city.

I've read that too, but I've never seen the set pic. Do you have a link?

http://watchersonthewall.com/new-images-dubrovnik-filming-pivotal-scene/

There you go. Not sure if that's Lena Headey or her double (probably the latter), but you can clearly see that she has closely cropped blonde hair. As for what else the poor woman in question is dealing with in that scene ... well, let's just leave that unsaid.

Here's how I envision Tyrion's arc for the season:

• Episode 1: Tyrion and Varys arrive in Pentos. Varys (and maybe Illyrio) tell Tyrion about Dany and their mission.

Episode 2: Absent.

Episode 3: Volantis. I have no idea what they're doing here, but Tyrion will have his talk with Clea, before getting captured by Jorah.

Episode 4: Some Tyrion/Jorah stuff. They leave by boat on the river.

Episode 5: The Sorrows. Tyrion and Jorah meet the stone men. Maybe this is where they start trusting each other.

Episode 6: The duo is captured by slavers.

Episode 7: The slave auction. Both of them are bought by Yezzan.

Episode 8: More events in the slave pit/Camp Yezzan. This could be where Dany inspects the fighters. Tyrion is taken over by Hizdahr.

Episode 9: Dany's wedding and Daznak's Pit.

Episode 10: Hmm... I have no idea. Meereen is in disarray. Maybe Tyrion, Jorah, Barristan, Grey Worm and Daario decides to take Meereen back before Dany's eventual return. This could also be where Tyrion reveals himself as Tyrion Lannister.

Should make for an interesting and well-paced season for Tyrion. I agree with pretty much all of this, including the "no idea" aspect of Episode 10.

Honestly, where exactly Tyrion and Daenerys find themselves at the end of Season 5 is perhaps the adaptation question I’m most eager to get an answer to, because I think that it will tell us a significant amount about what the last two seasons of the show are going to look like. The idea that the Meereen storyline might effectively wrap up this season, either at Daznak’s Pit or shortly thereafter, is one that intrigues me. I did really like Dany’s final chapter in ADWD, although the only real filming hint we’ve gotten that she might still wind up in the Dothraki Sea for Episode 10 is the Making Game of Thrones blog that featured a stretch of burned grassland with multiple animal skeletons. A good indicator, but hardly definitive. Obviously we’ve heard nothing to indicate that the Battle of Meereen will take place this season, if ever.

Archived