Sansa - white in a gray world

unJon

So why would anyone like sansa more than arya. Sansa is selfish and will not stand up for what is right.

:rofl:

Yes, having no empathy for anyone else and seeing all wrongs solved by revenge and murder. Wow, that's so right. I like Arya, but she doesn't stand up for what's right. Ever! But she's not even ten yet, so I'll forgive her. But I don't see how you call Sansa selfish and not her. She ordered someone's death, so she could have more free time. Come on.

Artanaro

Yes, having no empathy for anyone else and seeing all wrongs solved by revenge and murder. Wow, that's so right. I like Arya, but she doesn't stand up for what's right. Ever! But she's not even ten yet, so I'll forgive her. But I don't see how you call Sansa selfish and not her. She ordered someone's death, so she could have more free time. Come on.

Artanaro

lol....we're actually playing a game...little sick on our parts ;)

Artanaro

Arya didn't betray her family did she and is working to restore her family in the only why she can think of.

I think Sansa is slowly becoming like Cersei but I seriously hope that she does gain some common sense and start realizing the consequences her actions have otherwise she'll just be a Cersei clone.

I think this thread is starting to break under its own weight.

most likely...deadline is looming

I think Sansa is slowly becoming like Cersei but I seriously hope that she does gain some common sense and start realizing the consequences her actions have otherwise she'll just be a Cersei clone.

I think this thread is starting to break under its own weight.

She's not breaking up. I can hold her together. Come on baby hold together just a little longer. This is like a death star run nothing new.

can we stay on topic?

Certainly. Davos demonstrates how a character taking responsibility for their actions can be redeemed with regard to past misdeeds.

Sansa can not yet do this, because she is still naive and inexperienced. She still blames the Lannisters (with some reservatiosn about Tyrion perhaps) and she is still struggling to recognise how thoroughly she was decived; she lacks the experience. In associating with LF, she is getting to not only watch a master manipulator, but is havig the theory behind a number of his moves and motives explained. The crux will come when she realises how she was manipulated/used into being complicit in the actions that led to her father's death.

To do that, she needs to be able to see beyond Cersei. Cersei and Joffrey may have been the faces of her trauma, but it was LF's machinations that led to her father being killed. He betrayed Ned. He convinced Joff to have Ned killed. I imagine that at some point he will make some comments that will have her connect him to these things . . . how she reacts to that revelation will help determine whether she is a good character, a grey character, or a black character.

most likely...deadline is looming

Hopefully it implodes and doesn't collapse because then it might take out some other threads when it topples.

When it comes to Arya i think shes gone more than a little crazy for revenge and is willing to do whatever it takes to get said revenge. I'd say Brienne is actually the strongest female character in the book...due to her bull-like physique...I mean her moral fortitude.

Certainly. Davos demonstrates how a character taking responsibility for their actions can be redeemed with regard to past misdeeds.

Sansa can not yet do this, because she is still naive and inexperienced. She still blames the Lannisters (with some reservatiosn about Tyrion perhaps) and she is still struggling to recognise how thoroughly she was decived; she lacks the experience. In associating with LF, she is getting to not only watch a master manipulator, but is havig the theory behind a number of his moves and motives explained. The crux will come when she realises how she was manipulated/used into being complicit in the actions that led to her father's death.

To do that, she needs to be able to see beyond Cersei. Cersei and Joffrey may have been the faces of her trauma, but it was LF's machinations that led to her father being killed. He betrayed Ned. He convinced Joff to have Ned killed. I imagine that at some point he will make some comments that will have her connect him to these things . . . how she reacts to that revelation will help determine whether she is a good character, a grey character, or a black character.

Hmmm, possible I still think she HAS to come to terms with her own part in her fathers death. She has to start taking responsiblity.

I love you...wanna have my child?

(just kidding....I agree with most of what you said here)

fooled everyone....I don't totally hate her....just like everyone else more

Hopefully it implodes and doesn't collapse because then it might take out some other threads when it topples.

When it comes to Arya i think shes gone more than a little crazy for revenge and is willing to do whatever it takes to get said revenge. I'd say Brienne is actually the strongest female character in the book...due to her bull-like physique...I mean her moral fortitude.

She is almost the female Yearded one.

I love you...wanna have my child?

(just kidding....I agree with most of what you said here)

fooled everyone....I don't totally hate her....just like everyone else more

Do your children clean their rooms? If so, do you want to trade?

(I kid because I love 'em . . . )

Archived