Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets

JonCon's Red Beard

MMD and Tywin aren't that different. They both were involved in the killing of children with the excuse of "just in case...". Tywin is, by the majority, pointed as a monster, while MMD's actions are often excused as "she was right: Rhaego could have turned out like his father". Thing is, we don't know this. They both are child murderers, whatever the reason was behind their actions. None of them deserves to be excused.

MMD and Tywin aren't that different. They both were involved in the killing of children with the excuse of "just in case...". Tywin is, by the majority, pointed as a monster, while MMD's actions are often excused as "she was right: Rhaego could have turned out like his father". Thing is, we don't know this. They both are child murderers, whatever the reason was behind their actions. None of them deserves to be excused.

Unlike Tywin, MMD didn't also rape and murder thousands of unrelated people just to be a prick. Tywin doesn't have her tragic back story either. Plus, is there even any proof that she killed the child? I thought it was a Drogo situation, where she tried to help but Dany was a moron who screwed up her attempt and then blamed her for something she had nothing to do with.

Honestly, that's pretty much the least monstrous thing he's done. At least there was some pragmatic reasoning behind it.

Speaking of which. Renly really shouldn't be thought of as any better than Tywin, either, by your logic. He was just smarter about where to apply his ruthlessness and cruelty, in some areas. But he was still willing to murder a several children (remember what he said about rival claimants re: Daenerys?), plus his brother, just so he could be #1 out of 40,000,000 rather than #8 out of 40,000,000.

Unlike Tywin, MMD didn't also rape and murder thousands of unrelated people. Tywin doesn't have her tragic back story either. Plus, is there even any proof that she killed the child? I thought it was a Drogo situation, where she tried to help but Dany was a moron who screwed up her attempt and then blamed her for something she had nothing to do with.

She celebrated what happened to her. That's like saying "So, you were friends with a rapist? Good, hope you get raped too".

She celebrated what happened to her. That's like saying "So, you were friends with a rapist? Good, hope you get raped too".

Again though, was it actually her fault? WOG is that she was genuine about healing Drogo, she warned Dany not to go into the tent, and Targ kids quickly dying after being born with scales and shit has happened before, with no blood magic. It just seems way too convenient.

I just don't see the motivation here, if her remedy for Drogo's wound was a remedy rather than an excuse to poison him. And GRRM confirmed that she was serious about healing him, and that he only died due to being a moron and a wuss. Not that I'd blame her if she did kill Drogo and Rhaego, though.

I really hope what you really meant was "MMD's murder of Rhaego wasn't that different from Tywin's murder of Elia and her children" and not "MMD and Tywin are not that different."

:agree: :agree: :agree:

I honestly don't see why Roose is seen as creepy (I thought he was supposed to be gay) and Ramsay is over the top. Joffrey pushed the limits for an over the top villain; Ramsay ran right past them and never looked back.

It might have something to do with the fact that he, you know, just sort of a raped a woman on his way back from a hunting trip and thinks nothing of it.

And as for Ramsay, in the books Ramsay distinguishes himself from Joffrey by being both over the top and completely irredeemable but also dangerous in his own right, where Joffrey was nothing more than spoiled brat who had Tywin to fight his battles for him and Cerseis skirts to hide behind.

On the show of course, Ramsay is nothing more than "bad boy" Hot Topic goth girl swoon fodder, and one of the most consistently irritating characters, so that's detracted from his reputation a bit. But in the books he is downright scary.

Ramsay is one of my favorite characters ever and is cartoony but that doesn't stop him from being the best villain in the series and nothing is cartoony about the Reek arc it's brilliant beyond words genius writing from GRRM. And Loras is one of my favorite characters of the books he is the essence of a perfect knight yet he's gay and in depth. Arrogant but still a great warrior who truly only loved Renly. I hate the show protrayal of him why isn't he a kingsguard who Tommen wants to be why is he just chilling in KL is it to protect Mag? It's confusing

Ramsay is one of my favorite characters ever an is cartoony but that doesn't stop him from being the best villain in the series and nothing is cartoony about the Reek arc it's brilliant beyond words genius writing from GRRM. And Loras is one of my favorite characters of the books his the essence of a perfect knight yet he's gay and in depth. Arrogant but still a great warrior who truly only loved Renly. I hate beyond words the show protrayal of him why isn't he a kingsguard who Tommen wants to be why is he just chilling in KL to protect Mag? It's confusing

The actor who plays Loras even said he feels like the show just turned Loras into a gay stereotype and he wasn't down with that.

I love Tywin; he's an interesting character and was a huge driving force for much of what happened in the first 3 books -- but people who do mental gymnastics trying to make everything their favourite character does totally okay take it too far.

I also kind of hate it when people choose whole families to root for. At this point, it just feels like they're cheering for a sports team, regardless of the deeds of individuals in the family.

I'll confess that the overly traditional feel I get from the Dunk and Egg stuff turns me off. It looks a bit like a less complicated taken on ASOIAF. I've flipped through the graphic novels a few times, but it just doesn't hit the sweet spot.

Yeah, totally. Stannis is my favorite character and I still can't say that killing his bro or burning people living is okay.

Ramsay and Joff remind me of Prince Regal

It might have something to do with the fact that he, you know, just sort of a raped a woman on his way back from a hunting trip and thinks nothing of it.

And as for Ramsay, in the books Ramsay distinguishes himself from Joffrey by being both over the top and completely irredeemable but also dangerous in his own right, where Joffrey was nothing more than spoiled brat who had Tywin to fight his battles for him and Cerseis skirts to hide behind.

On the show of course, Ramsay is nothing more than "bad boy" Hot Topic goth girl swoon fodder, and one of the most consistently irritating characters, so that's detracted from his reputation a bit. But in the books he is downright scary.

Hey now, as a "goth girl" ...albeit one long in the tooth, I disagree. The actor is ick. I think he looks more like a boy band reject. And yeah, in the books he's freakin' terrifying. I can't wait until he dies.

Over the top and disgusting, but that's not really what people say is "creepy" about him. It's always the voice (which did not creep me out) the leeches (which also did not creep me out) and the eyes (which also do not creep me out. I know people with pale grey eyes and they are not creepy just because of that.)

Over the top and disgusting, but that's not really what people say is "creepy" about him. It's always the voice (which did not creep me out) the leeches (which also did not creep me out) and the eyes (which also do not creep me out. I know people with pale grey eyes and they are not creepy just because of that.)

Roose never really frightened me either. Leeching was a common medical procedure in medieval times. My father's eyes are much like Roose's, such a pale blue they look like ice, so I'm used to that. The name "Dreadfort" to me is about like a kid using the screenname xDarkLuciferx666x or something. I guess I think of the Boltons as like the edgy teen house of the North. I know that they really are dangerous and all, that it's not just for show, but they still seem like they are, as some have said, a little over the top.

I kinda imagine Roose secretly holed up in his solar having some brave musician that dared to go to the Dreadfort playing "Craaaawling iiiiin my skiiiiin". Then I giggle.

I'm of the opinion that MMD did not murder her child. First, MMD warned Dany not to enter the tent. Second, the baby could have very well already been malformed and not have survived anyway. (Reference Maegor and Rhaenyra's children.)

Heck, the situation in Drogo's khalasar in AGoT might have been to Dany's benefit. How would a uber-superstitious tribe like the Dothraki react when their "Stallion Who Mounts the World" turns out to be a "monster with wings and a tail?" Not well. Drogo might have even turned on her.

Haldon also has grey pale eyes, IICR. He aint creepy.

Seriously, rather than creepy, it's... a bit cringy and over the top to the point of ridiculous how Roose describes the day he made Ramsay (which is by itself a creepy day): "yeah, we went hunting, I raped a woman and the fox escaped. Kinda of a dull day :dunno: "

Use your imagination a little eyes can be creepy. And if leeches don't creep you out at all you creep me out lol no offense though friend.

People use leeches as fish bait. I'm not a fan of leeches, but they're not creepy. They're worms.

I'm of the opinion that MMD did not murder her child. First, MMD warned Dany not to enter the tent. Second, the baby could have very well already been malformed and not have survived anyway. (Reference Maegor and Rhaenyra's children.)

Heck, the situation in Drogo's khalasar in AGoT might have been to Dany's benefit. How would a uber-superstitious tribe like the Dothraki react when their "Stallion Who Mounts the World" turns out to be a "monster with wings and a tail?" Not well. Drogo might have even turned on her.

It's not much what she did what I meant. It's the reaction. Like, she was justified because Rhaego was indeed going to do the things she said he would. In that case, Tywin was right killing the targ babies because they were going to cause a revolt at some point. In no way, killing children for what they could turn out to be should be celebrated or excused.

Archived