Crazy Idea-Daario is Euron son.

Shadow Cat 75

Technically, Robert wanted Dany too, just not in the same way as any of the others who have wanted her.

I don't believe in E=D, yet this point is wrong. Check the post about Daario loving Dany or not. Mostly people tend to think that Daario wants Dany the same way Euron wants.

I don't believe in E=D, yet this point is wrong. Check the post about Daario loving Dany or not. Mostly people tend to think that Daario wants Dany the same way Euron wants.

Just because most people disagree doesn't make me wrong ;). But if you happen to have a link I'll take a look. I just don't see any evidence that Daario wants Dany because having her will get him to the Iron Throne, which is why Euron wants her (in my opinion, based on my reading of the text). It is fully possible Daario has always wanted to rule Westetos, but frankly, I would prefer Daario be Euron's son or even Euron himself over Daario being a secret Targaryen or a Blackfyre pretender.

Just because most people disagree doesn't make me wrong ;). But if you happen to have a link I'll take a look. I just don't see any evidence that Daario wants Dany because having her will get him to the Iron Throne, which is why Euron wants her (in my opinion, based on my reading of the text). It is fully possible Daario has always wanted to rule Westetos, but frankly, I would prefer Daario be Euron's son or even Euron himself over Daario being a secret Targaryen or a Blackfyre pretender.

Well, basic idea is that Daario loves Dany for having power (both political and supernatural). Which is pretty much the same for Euron.

Nah, Daario is Benjen.

Just because most people disagree doesn't make me wrong ;). But if you happen to have a link I'll take a look. I just don't see any evidence that Daario wants Dany because having her will get him to the Iron Throne, which is why Euron wants her (in my opinion, based on my reading of the text).

What "most people" think does not matter, unless what they think is based on the books. In this case, it is.

Daario wants to marry Dany. So does Euron. Daario has had countless women, but values Dany especially because she is a dragon queen, and would not want her if she gave up her crown (Dany explicitly reaches exactly this conclusion, based in part on Daario's own words). The same is true of Euron.

Daario does not want to be some subservient spouse of a ruler. That is not in accordance with his personality, and he does not take her "I command you to F me" joke kindly at all. So presumably, when he says he wants to marry her, he means that he wants to be king, with Dany as his possession and trophy. The same is true of Euron.

The only difference that I can discern is that Daario's ambitions seem less reasonable because he presents himself as a mere sellsword; and if he wields any political or major military influence (as Euron does), he has yet to reveal this to Dany.

If Daario is truly Euron then this brings up an important question. When Daario leaves Dany he is allegedly going to find allies right? So the idea is that he is going to the Iron Islands to get the Ironborn to fight for her. But when Euron arrives at the Iron Islands he has in his possession the Dragon taming horn: Dragonbinder. Now why would he need to go back to the Iron Islands to get allies for Dany when he has a perfectly good Dragon taming horn with him back in Essos? If he had the horn back in Essos then he should have just given it to Dany and have her use it to tame the dragons, thus gaining enough power to defeat the Yunkai and earning him Dany's love in the process, and give him access to those dragons for the conquest of Westeros. Why go back to the Iron Islands at all? Unless of course dragonbinder was there in the Iron Islands for some reason. What do you guys think?

One minor inconsistency with this theory is, both father and son are interested in banging Dany. I don't see Euron approving his son banging Dany.

Well, given OP's theory... Euron don't have to approve of his son banging Dany either... Euron would probably have no idea of his son banging Dany, it would just be some added spices to any future chapters. As pointed out, Euron can't teleport, so Euron is too busy killing his brother and fapping over Dany while he's in Westeros to even know that Daario is banging Dany, so I doubt regardless of Daario's & Eurons relation that it has so far been affected by Daario banging Dany, as Euron simply wouldn't know. (He didn't read the books)

However, personally I like the theory that Daario = Corsair King = Gerion Lannister. Just because it simply fits the timelines so much better...

If Daario is truly Euron then this brings up an important question. When Daario leaves Dany he is allegedly going to find allies right? So the idea is that he is going to the Iron Islands to get the Ironborn to fight for her. But when Euron arrives at the Iron Islands he has in his possession the Dragon taming horn: Dragonbinder. Now why would he need to go back to the Iron Islands to get allies for Dany when he has a perfectly good Dragon taming horn with him back in Essos? If he had the horn back in Essos then he should have just given it to Dany and have her use it to tame the dragons, thus gaining enough power to defeat the Yunkai and earning him Dany's love in the process, and give him access to those dragons for the conquest of Westeros. Why go back to the Iron Islands at all? Unless of course dragonbinder was there in the Iron Islands for some reason. What do you guys think?

Perfectly good point. If Daario is Euron, if he wants the dragons, if he went through the ritual to make himself the horn's master, and if this horn can indeed tame and bind dragons to its master, why hasn't Daario/Euron blown it already and taken the dragons?

Perfectly good point. If Daario is Euron, if he wants the dragons, if he went through the ritual to make himself the horn's master, and if this horn can indeed tame and bind dragons to its master, why hasn't Daario/Euron blown it already and taken the dragons?

Because the moon is not in Zenith and he needs the blood of a cat that is half eaten by a lion, and then trampled by elepehants in the exact longitude where the phrase "phribbit" first was uttered as well. Considering this ingredient is in rare supply I don't think we will see Daario/Euron/Secretly-unBittersteel/OriginalAzorAhai/DavidBenioff blowing the horn anytime soon

Because the moon is not in Zenith and he needs the blood of a cat that is half eaten by a lion, and then trampled by elepehants in the exact longitude where the phrase "phribbit" first was uttered as well. Considering this ingredient is in rare supply I don't think we will see Daario/Euron/Secretly-unBittersteel/OriginalAzorAhai/DavidBenioff blowing the horn anytime soon

:agree: Cersei will acquire a taste for kitties road killed by Aegon's elephants, roasted when the moon is at its zenith, a specialty of the inn at the crossroads where the phrase "phribbit" was first uttered.

:agree: Cersei will acquire a taste for kitties road killed by Aegon's elephants, roasted when the moon is at its zenith, a specialty of the inn at the crossroads where the phrase "phribbit" was first uttered.

And... /thread. :lol:

If Euron is NOT Daario, and if he wants the dragons (it seems he does), and if he went through the ritual to make himself the horn's master (unknown), and if his horn can indeed tame and bind dragons to its master (unknown), why hasn't Euron blown it already and taken the dragons? Why did he take this giant detour to the Iron Islands first?

This may or may not be a "good question" but it has nothing to do with whether or not Daario is Euron. It applies regardless.

ChillyPolly pretty much has this covered, but for anyone who really wants to see the comprehensive theory there is about a 15 minute Youtube video on it with numerous citations to the text (and the show) that hints at the comparison. While I don't necessarily think it's likely that Daario=Euron, I do think it is possible. The timelines work out (i.e. Daario is always away from Mereen "out in the field" when he appears as Euron, also he practices blood magic to sail more quickly), the motivations work out (we know Euron isn't leaving everything with Dany up to Victarion because Euron knows Victarion hates him and will try to betray him), and the text itself makes certain comparisons about appearance that could just be coincidental or could not be.

Anyway, it's an interesting theory, but again, even the video concludes not likely but only possible.

Archived