What if sansa is the first to discover who jon's mother is(in the show)

vassily targark

Hi i'm brand new here and this is my first post

I've been reading you guys for a long time now, and i think i've got something to discuss that i hope have not been discussed here yet . (please excuse me for my english i'm french :kiss:)

As everyone here i'm aware of R+L= J (or maybe another twist on who is his mother, but i agree with raegar and lyana theory)

But this theory about sansa being the first to learn , or be told about it came to me just a few minutes ago because of two videos.

The trailer and a video of jon snow in real life (

)

In the comic video of jon and seth meyer at some point they ask him "but who is your mother", and it appears to be of great matter.It's very strange because that's the kind of thing that has never been pointed at in all video/tweet/trailer/showfanmade made for the show lovers. some of them are curious about theories, but for now it has always been complicated to imagine how this kind of twist/theories would be brought to the show watchers. It may seems pointless but i'm sure it is not.

In the trailer (that clearly spoiled us reader, even if we all knew that sansa LF aim was to go back to winterfell) it is obvious that

sansa stands in winterfell crypt. We all know for different reasons that winterfell's crypt seems to hide BIg secrets of the highest importance.

As a R+L=R fan it seems pretty obvious to me that what is to be learned in the crypt is about Lyana, Raegar,Jon (going farther maybe about bran future connexions but that's not the subject) and it's not in the trailer for nothing. My guess is that the show will introduce the question of jon's parentage this year. The watchers have had no chance till now to imagine that it was important.

Sansa is going to be the first to discover or be told officialy, that's my point here. I'm damn sure about it

sorry about my english i would have liked to explain better my point of view but still what do you think of it

That's actually a really interesting theory. At the moment I'd say there's basically no evidence that this is going to happen, but I can't think of any evidence against it either. Presumably (but not necessarily!) Jon's parentage is going to become relevant at some point - so how will that happen? It's usually been assumed this will be part of Bran's story, but he's apparently out of the picture this season, so who knows, maybe Sansa could be the one to bring it in to play. Maybe that's even an additional reason Sansa's presumably heading to Winterfell this season - she's replacing yet another character's role.

One complication however is the fact that we have almost zero importance ever placed on the Sansa/Jon relationship. Sansa/Arya, Sansa/Catelyn, Arya/Jon, Jon/Robb, [All]/Ned, sure - but not much, if anything, with Sansa/Jon.

Now you've got me wondering if Howland Reed will somehow show up at Winterfell this season. Isn't it plausible that he's already there in the books? If his presence is important later in the books, combining him with "The North Remembers" crowd could be an efficient way to combine characters.

I don't think Ned would have left clues anywhere, so I don't think Sansa will discover anything in the crypts.

That said, if Howland Reed were to show up and tell her instead of Jon, we don't know how Sansa's arc will end this season and what kind of character shell be, so we can't make an educated guess.

I don't think Ned would have left clues anywhere, so I don't think Sansa will discover anything in the crypts.

That said, if Howland Reed were to show up and tell her instead of Jon, we don't know how Sansa's arc will end this season and what kind of character shell be, so we can't make an educated guess.

They might be waiting for season 6. Meera (and Jojen) never did bring up the stories their father told them about the history of the previous generation of Starks, so she might be the one to relate the tale to Bran. Or Doran could say something about Ned Stark looking for his sister and her guards in Dorne after Robert's Rebellion. Or Lord Howland himself could pop up out of nowhere to spill the beans.

Personally, I'd like Benjen to make it back to the Wall at the end of season 5...I'm pretty sure he knows what's what. ;)

edit: :blushing:

Where are my manners!?

Welcome to the boards vassily targark. :cheers:

Season 5 too soon to reveal it.

Also we suspect she is the fake arya at the wall.

So.. Too soon?

Agree season 5 is too soon to reveal it. I think we will find out in season 6, which is why David and Dan pushed Bran's story to season 6 to give George more time. However, I think this will be the season show only watchers will be given subtle clues about Rhaegar and Lyanna that might make it click in their brains that Ned might in fact not be Jon's real father.

Interesting.Tourney at the Harrenhal(LF/Sansa scene),Barry will tell Dany some stories about her daddy and brother.Maybe,there will be even more hints to it,but R+L=J is going crazy this past few weeks.Literaly Emilia's interview about Dany/Jon,NCW,Kit in the Seth Meyers Late Night Show(almost).Certainly backstory about it will be prominent this season.Season 6 could be right time to reveal that to Jon via Bran,but who will reveal it to the world?Tyrion could figured it out eventually.

I've watched the first four episodes. I can confirm that Sansa scene in the crypts is more of an exposition on the Tourney at Harrenhal and Littlefinger's plans

Please use spoiler tags.

Not all of us are so lucky like you.

I do find it interesting that the first time we find out from the show about the Harrenhal tourney is from Littlefinger and it's to Sansa. I actually find it interesting that we found out at all. Are D&D building up to some reveal or something?

That's actually a really interesting theory. At the moment I'd say there's basically no evidence that this is going to happen, but I can't think of any evidence against it either. Presumably (but not necessarily!) Jon's parentage is going to become relevant at some point - so how will that happen? It's usually been assumed this will be part of Bran's story, but he's apparently out of the picture this season, so who knows, maybe Sansa could be the one to bring it in to play. Maybe that's even an additional reason Sansa's presumably heading to Winterfell this season - she's replacing yet another character's role.

One complication however is the fact that we have almost zero importance ever placed on the Sansa/Jon relationship. Sansa/Arya, Sansa/Catelyn, Arya/Jon, Jon/Robb, [All]/Ned, sure - but not much, if anything, with Sansa/Jon.

Now you've got me wondering if Howland Reed will somehow show up at Winterfell this season. Isn't it plausible that he's already there in the books? If his presence is important later in the books, combining him with "The North Remembers" crowd could be an efficient way to combine characters.

The Sansa/Jon relationship is that Jon is the storybook hero she always dreamed about in the books. She never paid her bastard brother much thought, that's why he will be the most important sibling to her in the end. It'd be Ironic if it's her marriage to Ramsay that causes the Ides of marsh.

I can also confirm that. From what i've seen , it looks like Sansa will end up heading to the wall sooner or later. Its very possible that she will have something to do with Jon finding out about his parents.

Maybe they're combing Sansa with Jeyne (marrying Ramsay) & the Karstark girl (fleeing to the wall to escape.)

I do find it interesting that the first time we find out from the show about the Harrenhal tourney is from Littlefinger and it's to Sansa. I actually find it interesting that we found out at all. Are D&D building up to some reveal or something?

since we've watched the episodes, do you think Littlefinger has an inkling on what really happened at the Tower of Joy? When Sansa says Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna, he has this look to his face that suggests he believes otherwise.

since we've watched the episodes, do you think Littlefinger has an inkling on what really happened at the Tower of Joy? When Sansa says Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna, he has this look to his face that suggests he believes otherwise.

Yes, this was just suggested to me by someone on facebook, and I did notice how he looked then but I put my suspicions away since Littlefinger had no part in those events and no way that we know of of knowing, but then again who knows? He's probably got some lead on it or something, he's

Littlefinger after all...

There is no sibling relationship between Jon & Sansa so that it becomes easier for them to marry at the end. That is my assumption anyway.

In the original story, Jon probably marries Arya at the end after the Tyrion love triangle. Presumably this part has shifted to Sansa as she is the one who married Tyrion.

Jon/Dany is better than Jon/Sansa.I can imagine that she could figured it his parentage and become pretty close to Jon,but not in this way. :ack:

I doubt there will be a big reveal in universe for the characters themselves, but s5 will drop clues here (Sansa WF), there (Dany Mereen) and everwhere (Jaime Dorne... Tower of Joy hint hint hint) so that US viewers will have theorized for themselves that R+L = J

And then, boom - Ides of March.. (with Jon warging into Ghost as Ghost was prominently featured in E1 for no apparent reason)

Internet explodes

Archived