Kurdish debate, response to Axes

Hot Meat Pie

First of all, there is no way you didn't mean for that to be offensive.

You are only sorry that there happened to be a Serb on the board to call bullshit on it.

As for your profound insite on conflicts in what was once Yugoslavia, it just goes to show how much you know about the matter.

Try finding alternative sources of information instead of trusting only one.

It will do wonders for you.

It might even shake all this "my side is the only just side" attitude you've been displaying in this thread so far.

You should be ashamed of what the Serbian Military did and just say "I'm sorry about what my people did" but instead you keep provacating the situation further as if your the innocent ones. Do I have to remind you how Serbian Paramilitary murdered Muslim women and children and old men? How they would cut out a baby from their mothers womb and kill the mother and child both? How they raped Muslim women inside mosques? How they burned hundreds alive inside mosques? How they defiled Muslim graves and mosques? Serbia has to answer for these crimes.

You're rambling on.

When whatever makes you see Serbs as real life Uruk Hai wears off, we may continue this discussion.

As I said, you might want to take a look at some alternate sources of information which would shed new light on things.

It could make you less of a blinded asshole and more of a kind of person that belongs to this board.

Don't compare the Israeli-Palestinian situation with the Cyprus issue, most of the Zionist Israelis that support killing of Palestinians are Ashkenazi Jews that originate from Europe

Shows how much you know about Israeli politics. If we strip off the hyperbolic "supporting killing the Palestinians" twist of your words, I would assume you are speaking of the right wing. The majority of Likud supporters are Mizrahi (mostly middle-eastern) Jews. European Jews (their decendents) make up the majority of labor's support.

You never answered my question...what do you think about Haredim ultra-Orthodox Jews?

What do you mean what do I think about them? Their culture? Political stance, Fashion sense?

HMP,

Ser Ellison

When is the US going to give Texas back to Mexico?

Texas is an odd duck. It won its indepenence from Mexico in a war fought from 1835-1836. It was an independent nation for ten years before it petitoned for annexation by the US and was made part of the US.

Your point would be better made by asking when the US will return New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and California to Mexican sovereignty as it was taken from Mexico in a war of conquest from 1846-1848. The answer is, never. To quote Teddy Roosevelt (in a moment of painful honesty) the US stole Northern Mexico "fair and square". Its not right, it's simply done.

Shows how much you know about Israeli politics. If we strip off the hyperbolic "supporting killing the Palestinians" twist of your words, I would assume you are speaking of the right wing. The majority of Likud supporters are Mizrahi (mostly middle-eastern) Jews. European Jews (their decendents) make up the majority of labor's support.

What do you mean what do I think about them? Their culture? Political stance, Fashion sense?

Yes all three, their culture, politics, and the reason why they dress like that. Are Haredim frowned upon the secular Jewish society?

Also I am curious which political party does Haredi usually support?

So the European Jews typically are Hapoel supporters? Hapoel is the left working class labor club correct?

I am not against Kurdistan or Israel, they have a right to exist, as long as Kurdistan isn't inside Turkish territory and Israel isn't in Palestinian territory. Does that sum it up for you?

Turkey had its chance in the early 20th century when many long-standing populations in the region were violently displaced. These days that is slightly more frowned upon. Now they have to deal with the presence of part of the culturally and historically Kurdish territories in what the Turkish government would now like to see as a nation state.

Yes all three, their culture, politics, and the reason why they dress like that. Are Haredim frowned upon the secular Jewish society?

Also I am curious which political party does Haredi usually support?

So the European Jews typically are Hapoel supporters? Hapoel is the left working class labor club correct?

The Haredi are not frowned upon, but they are resented for not having to serve in the army, while the seculars risk their lives for the state, and the budgets they receive for...bible studies and seminars. Equal share of the burden is the issue, or lack of it. Haredi vote for Haredy parties, which despote being a minority in parliment, have significant power in pushing their agenda, similar to how the settler minority has exponential power.

As to your last question, European Jews are generally more pro-two state solution and support the labor party. The right wing had a majority Mizrahim (Asian and middle-eastern Jews). This is despite the fact that there is a strong presence of Mizrahim in both parties, but they have a partly justified reasonn to be resentful of Labor, which was the party that founded the state. It also absorbed the close to 1 million Mizrahi refugees who either fled or were forced out of the Arab world. They were treated initially with condensention, a thing they remember. Likud always portrayed itself as their defender, so..

The Haredi are not frowned upon, but they are resented for not having to serve in the army, while the seculars risk their lives for the state, and the budgets they receive for...bible studies and seminars. Equal share of the burden is the issue, or lack of it. Haredi vote for Haredy parties, which despote being a minority in parliment, have significant power in pushing their agenda, similar to how the settler minority has exponential power.

As to your last question, European Jews are generally more pro-two state solution and support the labor party. The right wing had a majority Mizrahim (Asian and middle-eastern Jews). This is despite the fact that there is a strong presence of Mizrahim in both parties, but they have a partly justified reasonn to be resentful of Labor, which was the party that founded the state. It also absorbed the close to 1 million Mizrahi refugees who either fled or were forced out of the Arab world. They were treated initially with condensention, a thing they remember. Likud always portrayed itself as their defender, so..

Last question, what is your opinion on Kach and Kahane Chai they are banned but are there still underground supporters of Kach?

It's a shame Hot Meat Pie seems to be banned. These conversations often seem heated and borderline uncivil, but his posts and viewpoints have been novel enough to inspire a spirited debate that I have found to be quite interesting.

Of course I would take issue with his treatment of history where one group claims a section of land because some claimed cultural antecedent is somehow more supreme than any other fixed moment of history where another disparate group of human individuals occupied an area -- but that is always how the discussion seems to turn in the middle east (much less the Balkans).

I don't know any kurds, but my heart goes out to them whenever I hear about their struggles on the news and I find myself wishing that the US would give them open support in the creation of a kurdish state. I very much doubt this will occur for obvious political reasons, but their situation certainly smacks of injustice.

Archived