So is Jon Snow supposed to really forget about Bran and Rickon?

Wavey Sauce

Brienne was not at the RW.

Showing the Dire wolf would show her that Hot Pie trusted her who is a good friend and would go off of thinking he wouldnt send someone to screw her

Hot Pie was the Winterhell and knights have armor guy. Heck, he thought they should beat up Thoros because he might have gold. Arya knows not to trust Hot Pie's judgement.

Sansa wouldn't have believed Brienne about seeing Arya, because she has no proof for that.

Jon tried to find Bran but was unable to. It has been weeks, if not months, since then. Jon probably thinks he was killed by the approaching Wildling army or the elements, but Bran's trail would be long cold by now.

Jon has no proof that they are still alive and has nothing he could show or tell Stannis that would convince him they are still alive.

He went to Craster's Keep looking from Bran and found nothing.

not even one shred of evidence to suggest that Bran is still wondering around out their somewhere.

So at this point Im not even sure Jon himself even believes their still alive

But then to speak with Sansa and Little Finger and not even bring up the fact that she just ran into Arya, and fought off the Hound etc. Like how would she not bring that up, if anything it would have maybe given her more help and people to locate her. But to just not even bring it up to Sansa at all............makes no sense

I don't agree

why would Brainne bring up seeing Arya when she has no proof that it really happened .

She has no evidence to show that she ever met Arya stark or that see managed to defeat The Hound lol

Nothing Brianna could have said would have stopped her from sounding ridiculous and unbelievable

Jon has no proof that they are still alive and has nothing he could show or tell Stannis that would convince him they are still alive.

He went to Craster's Keep looking from Bran and found nothing.

not even one shred of evidence to suggest that Bran is still wondering around out their somewhere.

So at this point Im not even sure Jon himself even believes their still alive

I thought Jon saw Summer at Craster's during the chaos?

I think it's legit for Jon to not reveal to anyone, including Stannis, that Bran and Rickon are still probably alive. But it would have been nice for the Jon and Sam conversation to have included an observation on the part of Jon that he would be dishonouring and usurping his blood half brothers as well as the Nights Watch if he took Stannis up on his offer.

Does Jon know Rickon is alive?

Do we know Rickon is alive? And who really cares? He was once in the book, then disappeared. All has been going just fine without him. GRRM could finish the books and forget about him, fine with me.

I would not count on that. He wasn't a child from an obscure family. Rickon was with Davos the last we heard of him.

Why would anyone assume GRRM forgot about Rickon, when the last reference to him was in the latest book, where it is stated that Davos will embark on a voyage to smuggle him out of Skagos?

In the show, Bran specifically tells Osha and Rickon to head to the Last Hearth. Whether or not they make it is an open question, but the optimist in me prefers to believe that they didn't namecheck that location for no reason. I think we can all agree that it would be great to see the Greatjon again.

Gretjon is still a prisoner at the Twins in the book and who knows what happened to him in the show. Though could see the Umbers replace the Skagosi for Rickon.

In the show the Greatjon was not present at the Twins, and when Bryan Cogman was asked where the Greatjon is post-RW he said "Well, keep watching!"

I expect to see him at some point in the show, but that's more likely to happen in S6.

In the show the Greatjon was not present at the Twins, and when Bryan Cogman was asked where the Greatjon is post-RW he said "Well, keep watching!"

I expect to see him at some point in the show, but that's more likely to happen in S6.

That's great news. Hopefully the same actor from S1 will return, too. He did a nice job with the character.

I thought Jon saw Summer at Craster's during the chaos?

Close, but not quite. This is my understanding of the timeline:

Jon did see Summer, but not at Craster's in S4. He was saved by Summer at Queenscrown (late S3), when he betrayed the Wildling raiding party and escaped to Castle Black.

Shortly after that, Team Bran and Team Rickon split up, with Rickon/Osha going to Last Hearth and Bran/Meera/Jojen/Hodor heading north of the Wall. I don't think Rickon is still with them when they bump into Sam at the Nightfort.

When Sam and Jon reunite at Castle Black, Sam tells Jon that he saw Bran alive at the Nightfort. There is discussion about where he might have been heading, but the Wildling attack on the Wall prevents any attempts at finding him. The expedition to Craster's had a secondary purpose for Jon, who hoped to find some clue of Bran's whereabouts there. We know they almost found each other, but Bran stayed hidden so he could continue looking for Bloodraven.

It is odd that Jon hasn't mentioned Bran again this season, but telling Stannis about Bran makes little sense because what is Stannis going to do about it? He wants Jon as the Stark in Winterfell because he has met Jon and appreciates his qualities. Bran is a boy ("boy lords are the bane of every house"), and lost in the greatest wilderness in all of Westeros. And again, Jon does not know Rickon is still alive. Only Theon and the Boltons know about Rickon, IIRC.

And besides all of this, Jon has doubled down on his devotion to the NW since leaving the Wildlings. If he wasn't going to cast them off to save Ned or fight Robb's wars, he can't very well go off searching for Bran even if he might be in Jon's sphere of influence. We have only to recall Benjen Stark to know that when one is lost north of the Wall, they can stay lost for a very long time.

It apparently went over the heads of viewers, but when Mannis quoted Lyanna Mormont's letter, she stated "...the king of the North who's name is Stark".

Well Robb's been dead for months, so who is the male Stark that has her loyalty, can only be Rickon, obviously the Umber's have been spreading the word (secretly) that

Rickon is safe with them.

Close, but not quite. This is my understanding of the timeline:

Jon did see Summer, but not at Craster's in S4. He was saved by Summer at Queenscrown (late S3), when he betrayed the Wildling raiding party and escaped to Castle Black.

Shortly after that, Team Bran and Team Rickon split up, with Rickon/Osha going to Last Hearth and Bran/Meera/Jojen/Hodor heading north of the Wall. I don't think Rickon is still with them when they bump into Sam at the Nightfort.

When Sam and Jon reunite at Castle Black, Sam tells Jon that he saw Bran alive at the Nightfort. There is discussion about where he might have been heading, but the Wildling attack on the Wall prevents any attempts at finding him. The expedition to Craster's had a secondary purpose for Jon, who hoped to find some clue of Bran's whereabouts there. We know they almost found each other, but Bran stayed hidden so he could continue looking for Bloodraven.

It is odd that Jon hasn't mentioned Bran again this season, but telling Stannis about Bran makes little sense because what is Stannis going to do about it? He wants Jon as the Stark in Winterfell because he has met Jon and appreciates his qualities. Bran is a boy ("boy lords are the bane of every house"), and lost in the greatest wilderness in all of Westeros. And again, Jon does not know Rickon is still alive. Only Theon and the Boltons know about Rickon, IIRC.

And besides all of this, Jon has doubled down on his devotion to the NW since leaving the Wildlings. If he wasn't going to cast them off to save Ned or fight Robb's wars, he can't very well go off searching for Bran even if he might be in Jon's sphere of influence. We have only to recall Benjen Stark to know that when one is lost north of the Wall, they can stay lost for a very long time.

Dont you think Jon would love having Stannis sending out certain soldiers and search parties so at least there is maybe a chance he gets his brother back? Why would he just sit back and do nothing and not even try to send anyone who could find him? Come on now.......

It apparently went over the heads of viewers, but when Mannis quoted Lyanna Mormont's letter, she stated "...the king of the North who's name is Stark".

Well Robb's been dead for months, so who is the male Stark that has her loyalty, can only be Rickon, obviously the Umber's have been spreading the word (secretly) that

Rickon is safe with them.

I doubt it. That scene was straight out of the books, where (1) Rickon isn't with the Umbers and (2) the fact that he is alive is a well-kept secret. I think the point of the scene, in both the books and the show, is to get across to the audience/reader that the people and nobility of the North still feel loyalty to the Starks, even in their current state of disarray.

Brienne should not talk about Arya in front of Littlefinger.

Littlefinger has no interest in Arya. He knew she was alive, he saw her in season 2 and told Sansa in season 3. Neither did anything togo back and find her or get her out. Littlefinger just left her there. I guess she looks and acts too much like a Stark to work his fantasies on.

Littlefinger has no interest in Arya. He knew she was alive, he saw her in season 2 and told Sansa in season 3. Neither did anything togo back and find her or get her out. Littlefinger just left her there. I guess she looks and acts too much like a Stark to work his fantasies on.

When did Littlefinger tell Sansa that Arya was alive in Season 3?

Archived