Crazy theory re: The Hedge Knight

Dale Sams

My wife got me the graphic novel, and I've developed a crazy theory. First to assume a couple of things:

1) There's a reason for everything. There's a reason for Ser Duncan's ascension from gutter rat. Not just 'shit happens'.

2) Dany and her dragons are instrumental in saving the world.

So how do we connect the two? I'm going to be vague here because many may not have read the novellas. There are three major deaths at Summerhall, and Dany has three dragon eggs. Perhaps those eggs were already infused with the life force of those who perished at Summerhall. So it wasn't just the events at the end of "A Game of Thrones" that hatched the eggs.

NO, he is saying that Summerhall was the catalyst. Given life from death, so to speak. Aegon V would then have brought back the dragons, which he said if he had dragons, he could fix all of Westeros' problems. So, if I am reading into this right, Aegon's sacrifice gave life to dragons, making Dany TPtwP.

My wife got me the graphic novel, and I've developed a crazy theory. First to assume a couple of things:

1) There's a reason for everything. There's a reason for Ser Duncan's ascension from gutter rat. Not just 'shit happens'.

2) Dany and her dragons are instrumental in saving the world.

So how do we connect the two? I'm going to be vague here because many may not have read the novellas. There are three major deaths at Summerhall, and Dany has three dragon eggs. Perhaps those eggs were already infused with the life force of those who perished at Summerhall. So it wasn't just the events at the end of "A Game of Thrones" that hatched the eggs.

So if Danys' three eggs are infused with the life force of the deceased at Summerhall, are you stating that her eggs are not from the Shadow Lands as Illyrio tells her?

In TWoIAF it never clearly says what happened at Summerhall. The entry about what happened supposedly was covered in spilled ink, but something along the lines of 'if not for the valor of the Lord Commander'. I think Dunk may have survived, and fled in shame to Pentos, where he sold the eggs. If you have read the Dunk and Egg tales, you would know that he thinks really low of himself and if he feels guilty for not saving Egg, he may have fled. so they very well could be the eggs from Summerhall, we will just have to wait and see.

NO, he is saying that Summerhall was the catalyst. Given life from death, so to speak. Aegon V would then have brought back the dragons, which he said if he had dragons, he could fix all of Westeros' problems. So, if I am reading into this right, Aegon's sacrifice gave life to dragons, making Dany TPtwP.

Yeah. I think it was Apple Martini who had a really good post about it. It gives the nickname Egg an interesting double meaning.

I attempted to tackle it with my first topic when I joined: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/122301-breaking-down-aegon-vs-descendants-summerhall-some-questions/

Archived