Will Petyr deliver the North and Riverlands and the East to Dany?

ilikethesebooks

The books make you think he is trying to shore up power in all of these areas. He is aware of Dany and her eventual coming to Westeros. I find LF to be the most interesting character in the series. I feel like everyone else is very predicable and most of actions we can decipher but Peytr (and Euron to a degree) seem to have the most mystery.

No.

Apart from him not having any authority to do that, he is in for himself, and for Sansa's, let's be courteous and call it hand.

How would he have no authority? He is Lord of Riverrun already right? Assuming his plan with Harry and Sansa works he will then have the North as well.

^No, he is not lord of Riverrun. According to the Lannisters he is Lord of Harrenhall and Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, however he has never set foot in Harrenhall and no 1 in the Riverlands has sworn fealty to him. Your advancing LF's plotline entirely the way he wants to without advancing anyone else's plotline. LF doesn't get to just consolidate control of 3 regions without anything else happening.

How would he have no authority? He is Lord of Riverrun already right? Assuming his plan with Harry and Sansa works he will then have the North as well.

Lord of the Riverlands with his seat in Harrenhal. But he was never there nor does even a single dog in the Riverlands listen to him.

Furthermore, he will never have the North. At best, Sansa will have the North. And probably be pushed towards crowning herself as Queen of Winter. Bran, Rickon and Robb's will nonwithstanding.

I can see Littlefinger starting to consolidate his power in Riverlands and Vale and having some ambitions to take the North in Sansa's name. But he will fail,mainly because of Sansa. She is going to get Harrenhal as her seat which is foreshadowed many times in the book, plus I see her having a huge influence on Sweetrobin,and therefore Vale. With money that she will inherit from Littlefinger (I believe he will legitimize her as Alayne Baelish in order to try to marry her to Harry Hardying) she can start investing in Harrenhal and help out poor starving people of Riverlands and destroyed King's Landing.

Bonifer Hasty,who is in Harrenhal and assembling Holy Hundred, will help her I believe and probably see her as reincarnation of Mother or Maiden for her actions. Then Dany and Tyrion will get in contact with her in order to sway Vale armies to their side (and from sample chapter WoW,I see Sansa having a big influence on Vale knights and lords).

Crackpot,i know,but I have a hunch some of my predictions will come true.

No, probably not. He doesn't have the authority, and I can see Sansa deposing him in due course.

Anyhow, the North will most likely either be with Stannis and Rickon (or just Rickon depending on depth of GNC), maybe Jon, and I don't see them following any other factions soon. Certainly not LF, as his Stark is pushed well back in the line of succession, if she's even still in it. And if she does get it, I doubt he'll be there to see it.

The Riverlands are just a mess, but I don't see many Riverlords following LF. Blackwood, Bracken, Mallister etc, they don't appear to be men who would follow LF if they had the choice. He has no power there, and there are too many other factions potentially fighting for control. The BWB, Lannisters, Freys, the Blackfish and Edmure, the Starks/Stannis, fAegon, LF has no hope of establishing complete control here.

Even in the Vale there are several powerful Lords still opposing him, and whatever he does Bronze Yohn won't work with him, which will weaken him hugely. Everything in the Vale hinges on Sansa for LF, and I think he's still too weak to exercise control of the whole Vale without her. If he does produce Sansa to marry Harry, will every Vale lord will bend to her knowing he will be the true power? Bronze Yohn won't, and I think it's more likely Sansa and some of the Vale Lords she will be able to influence will topple LF. What Sansa does with her power is a whole other matter entirely.

Also, LF is out for number one, and will be more than happy to sit back and watch the world burn, choosing when to strike to further his cause, not Dany's. And if that is on Dany's side, what will he be doing until she turns up?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't littlefinger among those who dismiss the tales of dragons and a queen of slaves as stupid sailor gossip?

In any case, he's not playing the game, he just went wyldstyle and is all for himself, but his image as crown's friend and closeness to both Baratheon and Lannister regimes put him in a position where can't turn cloak easily to Dany... If Stannis takes Winterfell, with JonCon already settled on the Stormlands and if Sansa is discovered by the Lanns, then the scoundrel will run out of luck, he's after all lord of words and promises, and coming winter only swords and dragons give true power.

So it sounds like you all think his plans are going to completely fail on all levels, why?

Do you refer to the plans you theorize him to have? Because I am convinced that you are wrong.

Or the plans I perceive him to have? In the end, yes. Because he's an antagonist and they run contrary to the Starks as protagonists.

Do you refer to the plans you theorize him to have? Because I am convinced that you are wrong.

Or the plans I perceive him to have? In the end, yes. Because he's an antagonist and they run contrary to the Starks as protagonists.

Since when he has a plan? As far as I see, he always just runs with the current.... If the plan is fuck everything, let's survive and be king of bones, then he's kinda on the right track, except for the fact that the true kings of the dead are not that far away and LF can't even hold a sword.

If he has a true long-term solid plan, I also can't see it realizing... fAegon is going to get more power, Stannis will likely give the last step and kill the Boltons, so it only takes Kettleback slipping his tongue about who is his true master (if he hasn't already) and his puppet-protegé Sansa ending up in the safe hands of her husband or King Stannis to completely obliterate all his bridges... money, whores and promises only take you so far.

My opinion is that LF set up the whole Harry the Heir thing so that he can kill Harry without it being suspicious. Why would he kill the man his daughter is betrothed to? Then there will be no clear heir to Robin, taking wind out of any plan Bronze Yhon and any other may have had. With that he retains hold of Robin and in his thinking the Vale. But maybe we were all looking at it wrong, what if Sansa is not the piece that discovers a will of its own, but what if Robin is? What if the whole plan about winged knights backfires and Robin, who was shown to be much more intelligent than I thought in the sample chapter starts giving orders that people actually start following?

None of us really know what LF's plans are, but he has gotten sooooooo lucky at every step of the way, and eventually, I think soon, someone is going to act of their own accord, be it Sansa or Robin and LF will be shit out of luck.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't littlefinger among those who dismiss the tales of dragons and a queen of slaves as stupid sailor gossip?

In any case, he's not playing the game, he just went wyldstyle and is all for himself, but his image as crown's friend and closeness to both Baratheon and Lannister regimes put him in a position where can't turn cloak easily to Dany... If Stannis takes Winterfell, with JonCon already settled on the Stormlands and if Sansa is discovered by the Lanns, then the scoundrel will run out of luck, he's after all lord of words and promises, and coming winter only swords and dragons give true power.

Yes but how do we know he was being honest about that? Littlefinger as Master of Coin would have contacts in every city in the world and he would have realized the truth about Dany long before anybody else .

ilikethesebooks, LF lied to Catlyn about the dagger in front of Varys, who may have not known who owned the knife, but definitely knew that Tyrion did not bet against Jaime. LF was at Tyrions mercy for months in KL and did not get killed for no real reason, that is the biggest plot hole in the books as far as I am concerned. He then killed Lysa, and only a word from Sansa and she would have been safe and he would have been dead.

LF's most loyal man, old man Kettleblack does a lot for LF, LF promised a lot in return, and for a while delivered, but where are his sons now? At least 1 is being whipped to the point of being flayed in a dungeon, another is in a Kingsguard that is falling apart, and I don't even know where the third is.

Then there is maester Cressen, who is slowly poisoning Robin and has yet to say that to anyone. I wonder what the lords of the Vale would think if he decided to?

Lothor Brune is another important tool of LF, yet Sansa has his number. She knows he likes Mya stone, and that Mya stone is angry at Michael something? for getting married and having a kid when he promised to marry her.

Then there is the mad mouse who is after a bounty, and Corbray who while getting coin from LF, has lost any reasonable chance of inheriting his formerly heirless brothers lands thanks to a marriage cooked up by LF.

Now LF is hoarding food while the Riverlands starve, and giving Robin direct control of 8 young knights of the Vale, approximately 7 men more than LF has direct control of.

LF is skilled to be sure, but he has gotten very lucky, and will not remain lucky forever.

LF was at Tyrions mercy for months in KL and did not get killed for no real reason, that is the biggest plot hole in the books as far as I am concerned.

Kings Landing was about to be under siege by either Renly of Stannis and removing the Master of Coin who essentially runs the whole city at that time would have been insane , so Littlefinger was safe from Tyrion at that point and once the battle was over Littlefinger was a hero and Tyrion was nothing so there was zero that Tyrion could do about Littlefinger then .

Littlefinger was never in danger from Tyrion.

Archived