Who can Jaime Lannister (with no right hand) actually beat in single combat?

mystickristoff

Nobody worth talking about in terms of martial skills.

But that's sort of the point. He's like supposed to use his brains and so on.

Which for someone as educated in warfare as Jaime should make him consider ditching his sword for something easier for his left hand to handle and use in combat, like a spear or mace. Unfortunately, plot requires valyrian sword, so he's stuck with it and now has to suck with it.

Obviously the sand snakes.....

The whole thing was so lame that it wasn't funny at all.

Being serious, Jaime by the end of FfC can at least avoid being almost mauled to death by Ser Ilyn... Given that most people have zero clue on weapon handling, most likely Jaime with a shield can kill like 90% of the population on westeros... Although in that state, probably even Eddard Stark can dispatch him easily. Hell likely any Ranger from the wall can do it.

I seriously doubt Sam could slay him if his life depended on it.

Why the hate? Jaime was one of the best if not the best Fighter in the Seven Kingdoms! When he keeps practicing he can easily be a challanging opponent for the whole Kingsguard, everybody at the Wall. Especially Knights who fight honorable would have a hard time against him. The "Fight to win"-Guys like Bronn or some Wildling-Guys would do better IMO.

The whole thing was so lame that it wasn't funny at all.

Being serious, Jaime by the end of FfC can at least avoid being almost mauled to death by Ser Ilyn... Given that most people have zero clue on weapon handling, most likely Jaime with a shield can kill like 90% of the population on westeros... Although in that state, probably even Eddard Stark can dispatch him easily. Hell likely any Ranger from the wall can do it.

I seriously doubt Sam could slay him if his life depended on it.

Ned had to be pretty talented with a sword I don't think its a given that Jamie would best him even with both hands.

He's basically still holding his own with Ser Ilyn now, so I'm not sure why everyone is saying that he'd lose to everybody. Payne is notably rusty, but he's still a knight and if Jaime is doing okay against him, then he's definitely killing all the untrained people that posters are saying would kill him

I got the impression that Payne was easily beating the crap out of him everytime and Jaime wasn't at all holding his own.

Jaime was regarded as one of the best fighters in Westeros at one time. For people to all of a sudden believe he will just "lose to anybody" now that he lost his sword hand is ludicrous.

There is a lot more to fighting then just swinging a sword. Jaime still has his instincts, his wit, his mobility, and experience. These are all important aspects to being a great fighter. Jaime still has all of them.

He's basically still holding his own with Ser Ilyn now, so I'm not sure why everyone is saying that he'd lose to everybody. Payne is notably rusty, but he's still a knight and if Jaime is doing okay against him, then he's definitely killing all the untrained people that posters are saying would kill him

I agree. I think Jaime still has a way to go, but - if he survives long enough - he will be as skilled with his left hand and he was with his right.

Speaking of his left hand, since my first read of ASoS, I've felt that Jaime's fate is to fight another left-handed sword fighter: Arya. Being left handed gives Arya the advantage; it would be ironic if Jaime's loss of his right hand ultimately evens out the fight.

Archived