Littlefinger/Aegon theory.

FookinLegend

The show steadily has been emphasizing now on how large Littlefingers control really is, and it seems he has quite a bit of power. We know he is Lord of Harrenhall, he has the Vale in his power, and seemingly has similar interests as the Tyrells, making them an ally to him as well. If somehow Littlefinger got himself or Sansa to become Warden of the north he would be the person in the seven kingdoms with the largest amount of influence, wouldn't he not? He has a Stark, an Arryn whom both have ties with Tullys. He appears to everyone as loyal to the crown, but seems to have favour with those who hate the Lannisters as well. If the Martells would rally on his side through diplomacy and shared hate of Lannisters, what could ever stop him from seizing the Iron Throne for himself or someone else? Therefore I get the feeling that Littlefinger is going to absorb Aegons role in the TV-adaptation of Game of Thrones. He has the power in the show clearly to start a war, and he would be the only character I'd deem worthy enough to be the smart contendor of them all.

I'd definitely root for LF :)!

I don't think LF has the ambition to sit on the iron throne. He has a lot of influence, yes, but I don't know what's his motivation is and what he really wants to accomplish.

In the TV show LittleFinger is portrayed as a serious contendor, but by slower and more devious plays, In a conversation with Varys he supposedly admits he wouldn't mind sitting on the Iron Throne.

If someone within the GoT series universe would have to take Aegons place if they are merging stuff, it might as well be Littlefinger or the Tyrells.

LF won't want the Iron Throne, he'll want to play the second fiddle. It's a common story cliché for a hand/grand-vizier/premier/advisor/general to manipulate the affairs of the throne subtly without getting blame, by whispering into the ear of their ruler and making them suspicious towards anybody but their right hand. He'll probably have a mano-a-mano with Varys at some point, they'd make great adversaries, there's been hinting towards this in the first seasons.

Littlefinger is certainly cunning and has influenced major decisions but does he have any real power at the moment? No. Harrenhal is a dump, the Riverlands are in ruins and the Freys hold the power in the Riverlands with their forces. Littlefinger does not have SweetRobin who is with Bronze Yohn. None of the Vale lords like him or trust him very much. His power in the Vale came through Lysa and then by holding Robin Arryn. He has neither now. In the North Littlefinger hopes to rule through Sansa and make her his pawn. Except that she is too smart now.

Olyvar is aegon

The actor who plays Olyvar has the right looks to play Aegon. Would have been a funny storyline that Aegon had been in Kings Landing al this time where everyone could see him and it would have been the right place for him to learn how to rule.

This pales in comparison to the Trystane is Aegon theory. Makes the whole Dornish storyline a little pointless. I enjoy LF though & i like your theory, i just think others hold more weight. They could make it that Quentyn acted alone in rescuing Aegon from the Red Keep but i don't think that would be wise as it would take the question of his legitimacy away. Quentyn is proud & values his family name so would not fake Aegon. They need Varys to be involved so that Aegons legitimacy will be questioned. Varys will come back into the story more possibly after Sansa kills Littlefinger next season (yeah baby!).

However, ..... Little finger may have had brothels in KL at the time of the rebellion, which places him in a good position to do a baby swap. But Varys also frequented brothels in disguise.... Interesting... My gut feel is that Varys did the swap but LF may know about it & is saving that trump card. LF is interesting to watch because he has had so much air time this season but i have my money on Varys for the long game. Who knows?!!! Not me!

I don't think LF has the ambition to sit on the iron throne. He has a lot of influence, yes, but I don't know what's his motivation is and what he really wants to accomplish.

He wants it ALL! He has Half of Westeros on paper already. Lord of Riverlands, Vale and soon to be Warden of North. He needs to skank the Reach off the Tyrells - call them traitors and strip them of their titles? Then take the westerlands somehow off the Lannisters - they're a dying breed anyway. Baelish the Conquerer (on paper at least)

This pales in comparison to the Trystane is Aegon theory. Makes the whole Dornish storyline a little pointless. I enjoy LF though & i like your theory, i just think others hold more weight. They could make it that Quentyn acted alone in rescuing Aegon from the Red Keep but i don't think that would be wise as it would take the question of his legitimacy away. Quentyn is proud & values his family name so would not fake Aegon. They need Varys to be involved so that Aegons legitimacy will be questioned. Varys will come back into the story more possibly after Sansa kills Littlefinger next season (yeah baby!).

However, ..... Little finger may have had brothels in KL at the time of the rebellion, which places him in a good position to do a baby swap. But Varys also frequented brothels in disguise.... Interesting... My gut feel is that Varys did the swap but LF may know about it & is saving that trump card. LF is interesting to watch because he has had so much air time this season but i have my money on Varys for the long game. Who knows?!!! Not me!

Hhmmmm so 'Quentyn' 'rescued' 'Aegon' from the 'Red Keep'...??? Glamoured himself Young has he?

Hhmmmm so 'Quentyn' 'rescued' 'Aegon' from the 'Red Keep'...??? Glamoured himself Young has he?

Oh you're right, i mean't Doran not Quentyn (mixing up my characters). Sorry for the confusion. Still probably doesn't make sense. Doran could've been there visiting his little sister (unlikely during a rebellion but could've been trying to help her escape?). Varys smuggling out the baby still makes more sense.

You're right that he wants it all.

Archived