Edric Dayne Missing Since ASoS – Reconvening with Wylla, Howland Reed, & Ashara Dayne. - Darkstar Edric's Father

The Answer

as much as folks want to see these major yet dead characters/plot points return, the idea that these folks, who had such an influence on later events in the story would just show up out of nowhere saying "hey, been hidin' like osama, here's the deal on all the relevant plots yo, fo-shiz" seems like a very cheap way to reveal everything

How much did a 14-year-old named Robb Stark do?

To be fair though, Robb kicked some major butt on the battlefield and had men proclaiming him king. I have not seen anything like that going on in the vicinity of young Lord Dayne.

Edric Dayne is the son of Name-as-yet-unknown Dayne, older brother to Ashara, Arthur, and Allyria. There is no way that Darkstar could be his father, because the people of Westeros would have KNOWN Big Brother Dayne either as the Lord of Starfall, or the heir to Starfall. He could not move to another castle and pretend to be someone else without someone finding out. Darkstar also would have been kind of young when Edric was conceived.

Given that Robert thinks Ned was involved with a girl named Wylla, it's almost certain that he was not.

• 2 weeks later...

Edric Dayne, the presumed milk brother of Jon Snow, squire for Beric Dondarrion, and one of Arya’s only “friends” in the series completely disappears after a ASoS.

I feel his connections to other characters are too blatant for him not to be of more importance to the series. He was of course wet nursed by the legendary Wylla.

In the seven years in Dorne before being made Dondarrion’s page, I think it is possible and rather likely that Edric learned some monumentally important information regarding Jon. He learned this information from Wylla.

I realize he wasn’t literally named after Eddard Stark; his birth name is Edric – but his nickname (Ned) could be in honor of Ned Stark.

Ned (Stark), as much as he grew to love Catelyn Tully ; he was actually caught in a love triangle between Ashara & Wylla. Despite not being Jon’s mother – Wylla, being Ned’s lover, was chosen over Ashara to wet nurse Jon after the incident at the ToJ.

Not only did Ned break Ashara’s heart once bringing news of her brother Arthur’s death, but he broke her heart again by choosing Wylla over her.

At the Tourney at Harrenhall, “the wild wolf” did not convince “a maid with laughing purple eyes” to dance with “the shy wolf,” it was actually completely reversed. Ashara had Brandon convince Ned to dance with her, I’m sure to win his heart.

This theory then goes along with one of my favorite theories of ironic proportions that states Ashara and Howland Reed wed (her brother’s slayer). Howland Reed + Ashara Dayne = Jojen & Meera

I believe after Edric hears of all of the Stark death rumors circling around the Seven Kingdoms, rather than seek vengeance with the Brotherhood Without Banners and Lady Stoneheart, he decides to reconvene with his Milk Mother Wylla, Aunt Ashara Dayne, and Uncle Howland Reed to discuss if the time is finally right to share with the world the news of Jon Snow’s true identity.

Editing to include my below revelation that Yes, it is true, Darkstar is the rightful Lord of Starfall but passed the Lordship to his son so he could "be of the night."

Wylla is never called Jon's wet nurse, only his mother. Jon's wet nurse in Winterfell is unnamed. Edric stated that Wylla had served his house since before he was born (287 AC).

If Wylla was a resident at Starfall in 283, her claim to be Jon Snow's mother would be obviously false. The conception with Ned in 283 would be an impossibility: the pregnancy (or lack there of) would have been observed.

So Wylla came into residence at Starfall between 284 and 287.

Archived