Heresy 169

Black Crow

I watched it, just must've completely missed the reference....

Ah--then you are sane.

People have been arguing the episode negates RLJ because it they think it undermines Jon's importance. Hopefully that was vague enough--can't remember how to do spoilers . . .

Ah--then you are sane.

People have been arguing the episode negates RLJ because it they think it undermines Jon's importance. Hopefully that was vague enough--can't remember how to do spoilers . . .

Ah. Huh. I didn't see how it undermined Jon's importance. I mean, it ended pretty much the same way as ADWD for Jon... "For the Watch..."

Ah. Huh. I didn't see how it undermined Jon's importance. I mean, it ended pretty much the same way as ADWD for Jon... "For the Watch..."

Yup--exactly.

Harrington also gave an interview--that plus the "For the watch"--speculation abounds re: Jon's centrality to the story.

Oh ohh-kaay...

I didn't even realize that was a concern LOL. I heard there was an interview, but haven't had time to check it out.

It would be pretty amazing if Jon's storyline was simply over. It would raise many possibilities.

Oh ohh-kaay...

I didn't even realize that was a concern LOL. I heard there was an interview, but haven't had time to check it out.

It would be pretty amazing if Jon's storyline was simply over. It would raise many possibilities.

Would change and make things interesting for bit.

That, or he just shrugs it all off. Gets ready the next day, drills new recuits in the yard and looks at them all and says "wtf are you all looking at?"

Edit: No Mel involved.

That, or he just shrugs it all off. Gets ready the next day, drills new recuits in the yard and looks at them all and says "wtf are you all looking at?"

I, too would prefer to exclude Mel. But she is at the Wall--good chance I don't get my wish.

Or, Jon's pincushion impression has proved fatal for good--and then things get very interesting.

Quick question--have you all hashed out references between "Kubla Khan" and the novels? Particularly things said/done by Leaf and Bloodraven? I was skimming and couldn't find it, but don't want to make you all read excerpts (or have to scroll past excerpts whilst rolling your eyes) if you've already done this . . .

Quick question--have you all hashed out references between "Kubla Khan" and the novels? Particularly things said/done by Leaf and Bloodraven? I was skimming and couldn't find it, but don't want to make you all read excerpts (or have to scroll past excerpts whilst rolling your eyes) if you've already done this . . .

Throw a few things out there to see and I'm sure if it seems logical or interesting enough people will be emplored to check it out further as well.

LOL Niiice.

While Bowen Marsh can't seem to stop fiddling with his collar...

I'm not a fan of Mel's involvement. Used to be. But I just don't like her. I think she will be, particularly now, with her hasty return to Castle Black on the show just in time for the For the Watch stuff...

Yes the articles with Kit & Weiss is the *new* information pertaining to heresy and most of the end game theories. These theories all seem in doubt now. For the record the mummers version certainly deviates BUT D&D have stated the end is the same and they will get to key moments from the last 2 books. This was explicitly outlined by Benioff at the Oxford forum before this season. I'm really struggling with the logic of keeping John dead in the mummers version while he's alive/reanimated in the books. That does not make sense. So I'm supposed to believe that all of the build up of his character through 5 books/seasons was just to reiterate that he made the same honor/political mistakes as Ned and is dead and done? This does not make sense.

Yes the articles with Kit & Weiss is the *new* information pertaining to heresy and most of the end game theories. These theories all seem in doubt now. For the record the mummers version certainly deviates BUT D&D have stated the end is the same and they will get to key moments from the last 2 books. This was explicitly outlined by Benioff at the Oxford forum before this season. I'm really struggling with the logic of keeping John dead in the mummers version while he's alive/reanimated in the books. That does not make sense. So I'm supposed to believe that all of the build up of his character through 5 books/seasons was just to reiterate that he made the same honor/political mistakes as Ned and is dead and done? This does not make sense.

Jon Snow will not be reunited with his original body in TWoW... Probably not ever...

Mel says Jon will be a Man, Wolf, then a Man again... Most readers expect that this return to mankind will be into his own body, but it will not be... Jon will become Ghost, then eventually take Hodor's Body, where he will more than likely remain, for the most part... Jon's body will be resurrected, but it will not be Jon Snow who is reborn into jon's old body...

---

But the Show would have a difficult time depicting a '2nd life', wouldn't they?

Archived