[Book spoilers] The kiss of fire

Currently at ASOS on my re-read, and Thoros has just finished describing the first time he gave Beric the kiss of fire and resurrected him.

I've been wondering for a while what kind of situation would call for Mel to kiss Jon Snow considering he's already shunned her advances this season. This seems to make obvious sense to me, and the actress mentioned that she'd locked lips with Jon Snow this season. The clip in the preview of Mel turning from her flames with a stricken expression is interesting - IMO it's been put in there as a red herring so that we assume Stannis is in danger - an obvious conclusion to draw considering Ramsay's

current mission. too obvious, I think.

I think that whatever goes down with Stannis and the Boltons, Mel looks into the flames and sees FTW going down at the wall, finally realises Jon is AAR and travels back there. She then arrives in episode 10/ next season depending on when FTW goes down and bestows the kiss upon Jon, resurrecting him.

Currently at ASOS on my re-read, and Thoros has just finished describing the first time he gave Beric the kiss of fire and resurrected him.

I've been wondering for a while what kind of situation would call for Mel to kiss Jon Snow considering he's already shunned her advances this season. This seems to make obvious sense to me, and the actress mentioned that she'd locked lips with Jon Snow this season.

Where did she say that?

If FTW is not a cliffhanger and Jon is brought back to life, then they will make it climatic. Probably, Mel declaring him AA reborn. However, I still think they will end it with the cliffhanger because 'Throne for the Game' sounds like the end credits of the finale and it is depressing as hell.

I've been wondering for a while what kind of situation would call for Mel to kiss Jon Snow considering he's already shunned her advances this season. This seems to make obvious sense to me, and the actress mentioned that she'd locked lips with Jon Snow this season. The clip in the preview of Mel turning from her flames with a stricken expression is interesting - IMO it's been put in there as a red herring so that we assume Stannis is in danger - an obvious conclusion to draw considering Ramsay's

current mission. too obvious, I think.

I think that whatever goes down with Stannis and the Boltons, Mel looks into the flames and sees FTW going down at the wall, finally realises Jon is AAR and travels back there. She then arrives in episode 10/ next season depending on when FTW goes down and bestows the kiss upon Jon, resurrecting him.

IMHO they will show him being resurrected with the kiss of fire.

Pretty much everyone has been spoilered about Jon's stabbing, showing him going back to life is a double shock for those who didn't know about it..

and it will be a shock also for book readers who do not yet know what's going to happen with certainty.

Plus, it will be all the more shocking if the raised UnJon will have red-coloured eyes to symbolize that he is the champion of fire.

But I am probably dreaming right now, they won't do it.

ETA:

They didn't show Melisandre learn about the kiss of fire from Thoros of Myr for no reason, that's for granted. If it is not happening in the season finale, it will happen in the next season.

I really hope they don't end with the Jon cliffhanger.

In my opinion, Mel bringing him back right before the credits would be an even bigger cliffhanger and would cause people to be ecstatic for season 6.

Having him die with no answer and having to hide whether it's his true death would be disaster.

I mean....come one I can't be the only one who thinks this.

Shit...didn't even think of this. I thought Shireen being burned now meant Mel would have no part in Jon's resurrection. Was the only consolation for me in Shireen being burned. FFS, the poor girl literally died for absolutely fucking nothing. :bawl:

I hope the first thing Jon does when he gets up is stab Mel in her fucking heart. But she said she saw herself walking the wall of Winterfell, so I guess that ain't happening either :bs:

I think it's well possible Alistair Thorne will prevent a stabbing, he seems to turn around now.

crazy as it sounds, I agree. He stood for Jon already with the beheading of Janos. Jon made him First Ranger and LC when he went to Hardhome.

Thorne disapproves of Jon, but he somehow respects him..weirdly.

Anyway, he will help Jon or prevent the stabbing from happening in the first place.

crazy as it sounds, I agree. He stood for Jon already with the beheading of Janos. Jon made him First Ranger and LC when he went to Hardhome.

Thorne disapproves of Jon, but he somehow respects him..weirdly.

Anyway, he will help Jon or prevent the stabbing from happening in the first place.

But Davos is going to the Wall, to ask for help and make his pledges.. Jon will use try to convince the others by saying that if they go help Stannis, they can earn many more soldiers and resources for the war to come against the undeads.. ..whereas everyone else, Thorne included, will see this as breaking the vow of not taking part to the fights of the realm.. and they will 'righteously' murder him. Olly is meant to be Brutus, but Brutus was never alone in striking Julius Caesar, just the most loved of the traitors.

But Davos is going to the Wall, to ask for help and make his pledges.. Jon will use try to convince the others by saying that if they go help Stannis, they can earn many more soldiers and resources for the war to come against the undeads.. ..whereas everyone else, Thorne included, will see this as breaking the vow of not taking part to the fights of the realm.. and they will 'righteously' murder him. Olly is meant to be Brutus, but Brutus was never alone in striking Julius Caesar, just the most loved of the traitors.

Good argument.

Still, I think it wont happen. i don't know. I reason this because they changed so many of the major scenes. Daznak's, the Tyrion arc, how Cersei gets arrested, etc. I think they wont go with the stabbing, or have it delayed to next season, or just prevented in a way.

Your argument is very good though and would set up a different pink letter situation with the same motive for the stabbing, but if we go with foreshadowing etc, Jon or Tormund might remind them, or even Davos, that Stannis wanted the wildlings to fight for him. Perhaps Jon sends them to Stannis, getting a little bit approval of the Watch for sending the baddies away from them and make them "cannon fodder" or something.

I saw comments of this nature a few times before Episode 9 but none (sorry if I missed them) after. What if Shireens Grayscale somehow saved her from perishing in the flames? Yes we heard her screams stop and saw the pyre, but we didn't see any conclusive proof afterwards. Gals have escaped flames before in this show. And Shireens Great Grandma was a Targ.

I read that Mel and Jon's kissing scene may have been done, but that it got cut.

In the books, Jon has to ration food to have enough for the Nights Watch and the Wildings. Was that mentioned in the show? I don't remember. Stannis says he will send men to the Watch after he gets the throne. That could be a long time away. And by then, the WW may have already attacked the wall. I guess what I am trying to say is it worth the risk for Jon to send the wildings and their food supply to Stannis? Only if he learns about Sansa maybe.

Do you think Davos would tell Jon about Shireen? I am still not sure he knows did he see that pyre being built? If he did know, wouldn't he have done something, anything to prevent it? like telling her to run away as fast as she could? or Grab her, get on a horse and hightail it out of there? Would have been cool if Brienne could have rescued her. I don't think the Davos we know could let that happen without a fight. How could he live with himself afterward if he didn't try to help her? He should at least punch Stannis in the face if he ever sees him again. Guess all that doesn't matter anymore anyway, does it?

Back to the kiss of fire. Could it be given to Sansa? That preview where she says if she has to die, she wants at least have a part of herself alive? not her exact words, sorry. So Mel gives her the kiss, and Sansa becomes Lady Stoneheart. And if all our wishes come true, after the kiss, Mel shrivels up into a old hag and disappears into a puff of dirt....Wouldn't Stannis freak at that sight lol and btw, can't Mel's fingertips make ice melt? Oh I forgot, we aren't supposed to know that lol

And could someone please tell me why Dany shows hardly any expressions? Is that supposed to be queenly? and why her dress never gets a spot of dirt on it? Sorry OP didn't mean to change the topic but that drives me nuts.

I think Mel is supposed to have a scene with Brienne. Maybe Brienne will die and be brought back, there is theory that Brienne is a fire wight by the time she meets up with Jaime in the books (i.e. she didn't survive the hanging).

Archived