The wait before Season 6 and tWoW

Technofire

It's simple,

In like 3 months the shooting for season 6 is going to start and there is no way the producers will be able to hide Kit Harington on set. (If he will be there).

Same for Stephen Dillane and all the other actors supposedly dead. So in my opinion, we don't have to wait for season 6 to see who is dead and who is not.

And that's what I like with the books, there's no way we can know what George is gonna do, because it is all in his mind.

So, do you think the show is going to spoil the books on Jon's fate before the season air ?

Assuming Jon Snow really does come back (which is a reasonably safe assumption), it's possible that he only comes back very late in Season 6, and that his scenes have already been filmed precisely to get around this issue. I think the showrunners will really pull out all the stops to let Martin get first dibs on some of these reveals. If Jon Snow is coming back and the post-episodes comments are any indication, the great conspiracy of silence has already begun and they appear fully committed.

I firmly believe that Stannis died in "Mother's Mercy".

I keep pointing out that Charles Dance was killed in Season 4, yet even mentioned he showed up in Season 5. (as his dead body) Whatever the deal is, unless spy shots of Wight/Azor Harrington show up, I think they will be able to keep a lot under wraps. (until some a-hole gets his hand on the screeners?)

Jon Snow is dead, Jon Targaryen is coming. Maybe not till S.7, S.6 will be shots of Jon Snow's body and flashbacks for Bran.

Just what I was thinking. Harrington said he doesn't appear in season 6, but if the Wall isn't a featured story in season 6 then he can appear in season 7.

Just what I was thinking. Harrington said he doesn't appear in season 6, but if the Wall isn't a featured story in season 6 then he can appear in season 7.

It's near impossible to avoid the Wall storyline in season 6, when it was the focal point of this season.

They could use Bran though to keep this storyline alive, but i think Jon will be coming back.

It's blatantly obvious that Jon is coming back in the books. Is there anyone in the world who thinks he's actually dead?

Blatantly obvious? Go read Jons chapter and refreshen ur memory, unless Mel intervenes hes DEAD,deal with it. No person can survive 4 stabs (maybe more, we dont know exactly with jons words) in a freezing climate and with noone to help him, its MORE probable that they burn his body directly afterwards than giving it to Mel to do whatever IF she actually tries anything, what Martin says is not reliable, he may very well troll us

It's near impossible to avoid the Wall storyline in season 6, when it was the focal point of this season.

They could use Bran though to keep this storyline alive, but i think Jon will be coming back.

I think season 6 at the Wall will be Thorne in charge and the other FTW guys ignoring the Walkers and going after the Wildlings in the Gift. Quite possibly now without Stannis protection something very bad may happen to Mel. Although I expect to see alot more Direwolf in S.6 so Ghost may back up Mel.

Now would be a great time for Benjin to return.

I just realised something: the show has pretty much caught up to the books, and in certain places gone ahead o_O

Even if Winds of Winter comes out this year, it'll take GRRM another 3 years MINIMUM to finish Dream of Spring, so... at this rate, the show will conclude the story before the books do, unless they postpone it until Dream of Spring comes out.

I just realised something: the show has pretty much caught up to the books, and in certain places gone ahead o_O

Even if Winds of Winter comes out this year, it'll take GRRM another 3 years MINIMUM to finish Dream of Spring, so... at this rate, the show will conclude the story before the books do, unless they postpone it until Dream of Spring comes out.

You are right. Maybe book 6 will be released before season 6, but the last seasons will definitely come before the last book.

You are right. Maybe book 6 will be released before season 6, but the last seasons will definitely come before the last book.

Unless they put the show on hiatus, yeah.

Maybe they could make Robert's Rebellion into a few seasons to fill the gap, or adapt Dunk and Egg... or simply no GoT for a few years, but I don't see HBO doing that. Too much money to be made.

it's blatantly obvious from a story telling perspective

Blatantly obvious? Go read Jons chapter and refreshen ur memory, unless Mel intervenes hes DEAD,deal with it. No person can survive 4 stabs (maybe more, we dont know exactly with jons words) in a freezing climate and with noone to help him, its MORE probable that they burn his body directly afterwards than giving it to Mel to do whatever IF she actually tries anything, what Martin says is not reliable, he may very well troll us

I honestly think season 6 will start before the release of Winds of Winter. As of yet, we have no release date for the book and he isn't done writing. By the time he finishes and then they edit and polish it up, it could very well be next year before the book hits the shelves. That's my opinion though.

Not this again. HBO will finish the series. They won't put the show in hiatus, they won't wait until the 2020s for GRRM to finish the books, they don't owe GRRM anything but money and they are bent on recovering it.

TWOW might come out before season 6. ADOS will not come out before the end of the TV Show

Archived