The wait before Season 6 and tWoW

Technofire

Damn it I wrote a long piece asking where people anticipate the main storys for Season 6 to be. My guess is as follows:

- Dany is in a bad spot with the Dothraki who intend to send her back to Vales Dothrak with all the other widowed Khaleesi's in line with their tradition. Somehow she will escape and by the end of the season head to Westeros knowing she has no future in Mereen. Alternatively she is the big death next season and Bran takes control of her dragons.

- Jon needs to be revived, if he's not I am guessing Mel will be killed, Davos will go looking for Rickon and the White Walkers will conquer the wall towards the end.

- Cersai is going rage mode and I fear for Jamie's fate, netiher of these are end game players in my eyes so one or perhaps both will die next season. I expect Cersai to win her trial also.

- Bran will come back and I expect us to see his powers either in relation to the dragons, white walkers or Jon. Surely as a probable end game player he will play a big role.

- Tyrion will rule in Mereen and possibly set himself up for the end game as I suspect he is the most safe of the whole cast/POV in terms of making it to the final season/last book.

- Euron will rise as a power base and attack Old Town in the second half shortly after Sam arrives.

- The Boltons look unchallenged without Jon so they must wait for the White Walkers or Littlefinger.

Did I miss anything?

Blatantly obvious? Go read Jons chapter and refreshen ur memory, unless Mel intervenes hes DEAD,deal with it. No person can survive 4 stabs (maybe more, we dont know exactly with jons words) in a freezing climate and with noone to help him, its MORE probable that they burn his body directly afterwards than giving it to Mel to do whatever IF she actually tries anything, what Martin says is not reliable, he may very well troll us

of course he is dead! Thats the point ....he has to die to be released from his vows ....then he will be back in some way but changed....the actual character we love will be gone and a different man in his place

More likely at the end of S6. If they want to avoid leaking news about Harington filming for GoT (either seasons 6 or 7) the obvious thing is to resurrect him at the very end of season 6 (where it makes more sense dramatically), and have him film a quick scene in the studio in secret. That'd be very difficult to get out, and they can keep pretending he's not part of season 6.

I have heard thus theory a few times.

Why does it make sense dramatically?

Is nothing going to happen on the wall for an entire season when this is the MAIN story and we only have two seasons left per the producers?

Unless they put the show on hiatus, yeah.

Maybe they could make Robert's Rebellion into a few seasons to fill the gap, or adapt Dunk and Egg... or simply no GoT for a few years, but I don't see HBO doing that. Too much money to be made.

Nevermind that the actors are growing older and are all on contracts, not a chance in hell there's a break in the story

Exactly I've never been a fan of the theory Jon wargs into Ghost simply as it's awful story telling! If he needs to die to release him from his vows fine but don't park him for an entire penultimate book/series just to prove a point or add shock factor..

Just what I was thinking. Harrington said he doesn't appear in season 6, but if the Wall isn't a featured story in season 6 then he can appear in season 7.

You know, a season focused on missed plotlines in the Riverlands, a bit more at King's Landing, the Iron Islands and according sea trips (they need to end up at Mereen at some point, right?), filling us in with Bran etc would really test more casual watchers of the show, but it could pay off.

Not gonna happen though. At this rate, the show will air before the books, but when we've got enormous deviations from the books and huge plotlines missing that really isn't akin to spoiling them at all. More like a high budget filmed fan theory- yes, D and D know what happens, but there's nothing to say they or George won't change- until the books are out in my eyes.

Is nothing going to happen on the wall for an entire season when this is the MAIN story and we only have two seasons left per the producers?

The "big things must happen in Episodes 8-10" obsession is very real now. I am 90% sure they will only do something of serious impact either at the very start of the season or at the end.

I can just imagine all the salt that will flow upon these forums if the show finishes the story before the books...

If? Just doing the math from a few years ago it has been very clear IMHO that it's practically guaranteed the show will finish before the books. I thought this was widely accepted?

of course he is dead! Thats the point ....he has to die to be released from his vows ....then he will be back in some way but changed....the actual character we love will be gone and a different man in his place

Forget the Vows, he needs to be dead so he can be "reborn" as AA.

You know, a season focused on missed plotlines in the Riverlands, a bit more at King's Landing, the Iron Islands and according sea trips (they need to end up at Mereen at some point, right?), filling us in with Bran etc would really test more casual watchers of the show, but it could pay off.

Not gonna happen though. At this rate, the show will air before the books, but when we've got enormous deviations from the books and huge plotlines missing that really isn't akin to spoiling them at all. More like a high budget filmed fan theory- yes, D and D know what happens, but there's nothing to say they or George won't change- until the books are out in my eyes.

In that case I imagine they would have had the forsight not to combine AFFC with Dance. They could have easily padded an extra season between the last two.

Not at all! I'm assuming that now that we're close to the endgame things are going to change DRAMATICALLY, and the plots will keep converging. Dany is getting to Westeros next season, and the White Walkers will invade and characters and storylines will interact much more.

Why does next season need to change given that D&D have access to the draft material of next book? Sure, I agree about season 7 (hopefully George is back writing for the show at that point). I just don't see why they need to diverge next season, we already know Euron is in for example.

I can just imagine all the salt that will flow upon these forums if the show finishes the story before the books...

There's no imagining, it WILL happen. The guy can't write a book in less than 5 years. He only recently, a couple of weeks back, admitted to not having written the stuff about Stannis yet. So it's doubtful that he's anywhere near finished with TWoW. It'll be a miracle if it's out before season 6 airs.

And season 7? There is absolutely no way GRRM can finish a book in a year to beat that season's airing. No way.

And season 7? There is absolutely no way GRRM can finish a book in a year to beat that season's airing. No way.

I sort of get the feeling that he'll have two years, with Wow having enough content like SoS to fill two seasons, especially since they still have a few things - Arya becoming unblind, Greyjoy stuff, Kevan and Pycelle dying - to put into Season 6. But still, you're right.

I sort of get the feeling that he'll have two years, with Wow having enough content like SoS to fill two seasons, especially since they still have a few things - Arya becoming unblind, Greyjoy stuff, Kevan and Pycelle dying - to put into Season 6. But still, you're right.

Forget about the content of each book. The show will end with the 7th season. that's it. They will tell the whole story in two more seasons.

Next season will deal with things that will happen in book 6, but a big part of the beginning of that book (the battles of Meereen and Winterfell) will be skipped altogether.

I also suspect that Winds of Winter will be out early next year. GRRM has made a point, to focus on the book, (not directing any of S5, skipping conventions etc).

We also have what, 11? sample chapters released.

ADWD was 71 chapters.

Assuming tWoW are the same, 15.5% of the book is already released.

Some of these have been out for a few years.

The question is how much is left unfinished? I assume that he has finished far more than released. Hopefully he is close to finished and gets it out before S6.

HBO won't leave out Jon Snow for almost all or all of a season just to trick the audience. This is a show that had all its spoilers easily accessible on wikis and still had people shocked at the red wedding, purple wedding, FTW, etc. etc. Very few watchers go seeking spoilers. Kit might fuck around with us for a while, but if he's back, he'll be on set and it won't be a huge deal aside from forums.

More likely at the end of S6. If they want to avoid leaking news about Harington filming for GoT (either seasons 6 or 7) the obvious thing is to resurrect him at the very end of season 6 (where it makes more sense dramatically), and have him film a quick scene in the studio in secret. That'd be very difficult to get out, and they can keep pretending he's not part of season 6.

I live in Northern Ireland and I know Kit Harrington was spotted in Belfast at the weekend just before the finale aired. This indicates that he may be here for filming for S6, but who knows.

Archived