Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frisco

Spokane River Float thread

I'm terrible at connecting people to their board names. Once I meet you, you become a real person. :P

Added, Julia! (and subtracted, Pod's imaginary friend--you can share a tube with Pod)

Wish I could be there for this! Won't arrive until later, though. River floats are great.

If you want to try and talk people into going again later in the weekend, I'm always up for more sunshine and water!

Here's a link to the waiver we'll all have to sign (short--typical "you're out in the real world, not at Disneyland, so if you decide to drown it's not our fault" stuff):

https://www.smartwaiver.com/w/556a3d44220d7/kiosk/

You can do it at any time, and it'll be on file.

They may also have a paper copy people could print, fill out, and turn in on the day of, so that we wouldn't be scrambling for a computer if anyone decides to join last-minutes--I'll update when I hear back if they do.

Nah, it's ok. I have easy access to water at home and can float on my own whenever I want. With my phone in a waterproof case reading the board, it's nearly the same. <_<

I really want to do this but not sure I'll be able to. Can I be a maybe?

This looks fun. Please pencil me in. Permit me to bail out at the first sound of dueling banjos. 

Added, but check back when we get the forum upgrade--I assume this post and any edits I make will be rolled back to yesterday's version.

Update--they don't do a paper version of the waiver, so we'll either have to do it by the above link, I can have FLOW text the link someone with a smartphone (aka not me), or we can do it on their tablet when the vans come to pick us up.  But don't wait until then.

I anticipate being back by 3:00.  The float is about 2 hours, so even if we get in the water a little after 11:30 and stop along the way for a snack, the take-out point is only 2-3 miles from downtown.  We should have time to dry off and get to the reading.

May be cutting it close... get out of the river, head to davenport, go to the bar, shower/change, go to the bar, haul ass to the reading...