If Jon returns in S6 will he... ?

Rinn80

Why do ppl think that Melisandre can actually resurrect ?

I'm not so sure about this because she was also quite surprised when she witnessed for the first time that other Red Priest guy who had resurrected his brother. It seemed to me that she didn't know that resurrection was possible in the faith of Lord of the Light.

And if she could resurrect someone, why wouldn't she resurrect Stannis in stead of Jon ?

The look Melisandre's face in the finale, in my opinion, was a look of "holy shit, I was wrong this entire time?!?" and.. "Oh fuck, I need to get the hell away from Stannis!"

She probably thinks Stannis is going to be really pissed, which he will be, when isn't he pissed? Now that he knows he burned his daughter alive for nothing he is going to want harsh repercussions for Mel, and she knows it.

The look Melisandre's face in the finale, in my opinion, was a look of "holy shit, I was wrong this entire time?!?" and.. "Oh fuck, I need to get the hell away from Stannis!"

She probably thinks Stannis is going to be really pissed, which he will be, when isn't he pissed? Now that he knows he burned his daughter alive for nothing he is going to want harsh repercussions for Mel, and she knows it.

It's not so much about fear, but she really believed in him as AAR and all of that was a lie. Blinded by her faith. She's devasted( nice work by Carice) and I think she will question her faith...only to find her new hero. I'm looking forward to it, instead Mel getting naked ans trying to seduce someone.

Well that was how it was explained in the TV show, which is what we`re actually talking about here. Like I said, people should go back and rewatch the Brotherhood episodes in S2. Whatever was explained there is presumably what we must expect the show to work with. In isolation the resurrection of a relatively obscure priest in a cave was pretty meaningless after all. It has to lead up to something more significant for it to really matter enough to give it large parts of several episodes. Personally I think that something is Melisandre resurrecting Jon. I could be wrong of course, but that would make a lot of sense to me.

Which makes me think that D&D don't know anything about how magic works in the world that they supposedly got great insight in by Martin himself. Personally if they don't bring Jon back they are pretty shitty story writers who know nothing about how to build good plot and think that killing characters left and right is how Martin does things which he doesn't.

Which makes me think that D&D don't know anything about how magic works in the world that they supposedly got great insight in by Martin himself. Personally if they don't bring Jon back they are pretty shitty story writers who know nothing about how to build good plot and think that killing characters left and right is how Martin does things which he doesn't.

Well, if GRRM brings Jon back in his next book, then they don't have another choice than to bring Jon back in the series.

I believe that Jon will find out the truth about his lineage (R+L) and might even go back to winterfell to look for some further proof in the ancient crypt once he knows who his mother was. Then he'll try to reach Dany and unite strengths with her. Because she is his blood family after all, if you think about it.

I believe that Jon will find out the truth about his lineage (R+L) and might even go back to winterfell to look for some further proof in the ancient crypt once he knows who his mother was. Then he'll try to reach Dany and unite strengths with her. Because she is his blood family after all, if you think about it.

He needs to get rid of the Boltons first before he does this, and if the show is any indication, that's not happening anytime soon.

You still think so, do you?

I don't think he will die now in the books, but Ben and I both think he might not get to the end, he might sacrifice himself towards the end for the greater good or to save another which fits his noble, ego-less character.

And that leaves the way open for D and D to kill him off now.

I don't think he will die now in the books, but Ben and I both think he might not get to the end, he might sacrifice himself towards the end for the greater good or to save another which fits his noble, ego-less character.

:agree: :crying:

I think that someone will approach him and tell him about his parents, either Bran or someone who was there when he was born. He won't go and find it out by himself, since he has never done it till now.

That would cripple his development, yes he may die before the end of the book, but i doubt he will die 'jon snow the bastard of winterfell', he has to be a changed person when his definitive death comes to get him, if they kill him off before fully developing that jon, then its plainly awfull storytelling

Overall I do agree the books and show should conclude his backstory if it is indeed to be central to Jon's arc and transformation for GRRM and not a red or now obvious and boring herring, however just to play devil's advocate so we are all not just chanting he'll be back, because the show is looking for ways to shock and awe killing backstory-less Jon now is possible if D and D go that route.

I read on the WWW that Kitt H. will not be in season 6, but he will RETURN in season 7. He has been cast in a movie.

The scuttlebutt added that BRAN will be featured in Season 6, in Kitt's absence.

This sounds like a decent option to me - and if the gossip is true, Bran and his magic may be resurrecting Jon - in the meantime, his body may be stored in ice cells until it can be transported to WF to rest in the crypts.

Some articles blathered on to say that Bran will be doing the big reveals regarding Jon's parents - it is being bandied about that these secrets are slated to be revealed in S6.

I read on the WWW that Kitt H. will not be in season 6, but he will RETURN in season 7. He has been cast in a movie.

The scuttlebutt added that BRAN will be featured in Season 6, in Kitt's absence.

This sounds like a decent option to me - and if the gossip is true, Bran and his magic may be resurrecting Jon - in the meantime, his body may be stored in ice cells until it can be transported to WF to rest in the crypts.

Some articles blathered on to say that Bran will be doing the big reveals regarding Jon's parents - it is being bandied about that these secrets are slated to be revealed in S6.

As said previously, I don't think that they keep Mr Harrington out of 50% of the remaining episodes.

As said previously, I don't think that they keep Mr Harrington out of 50% of the remaining episodes.

In another thread, they linked to Kitt's interview - he kind of spills the beans and says he will be in a wolf in S6. Sorry to disappoint. I will try to find the link - I HATE NOT GIVING posters credit for their work!

Archived