Top 5 WOW Moments in the Series

Ser Eric

1) Best wow for me was dragons hatching. Daenerys may not be my favourite character to read, but since then she forever had my respect.

2) Sam getting to the citadel, then we find out maesters are secret dragonslayers. I was all like http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-m_xTb8v9Log/Tc2XhBCKnvI/AAAAAAAAAGs/NiTu6ghdET4/s1600/Omg+Rage+Face.png

3) "Only one? Oh, petyr, do you swear it? Only one?"

"Only Cat".

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

4) Daznaks pit. Beautiful moment.

5) "And in their hands, the daggers".

If I can say - number six would be the mountain vs oberyn.

So, what are your top 5 WOW moments in the series so far?

It need not be a moment of any particular importance, it need not be series defining moment, it need not even be a anything particularly smart or intelligent. Any moment, any line, any monologue regardless of it's eventual consequences that just made you sit up and say "That was...WOW"!

1. Dany's Dragons hatching. I find Dany quite a boring character but this was superbly written and chilling even:

2. Greatjon Umber, the Kingmaker!

3.Wyman Manderley, the North remembers!

4.Wyla Manderley, the Stark Defender

5.Euron Greyjoy, the Godless

I'd replace Dany's with Aemon reveal and Euron with anything not iron born like Kevin telling Cersi off by not making threats and telling her tommen has booth his parents

in no particular order

“Theon,” he repeated. “My name is Theon. You have to know your name."

Dragons Hatching

Littlefinger telling Sansa the truth about The Purple Wedding

Cersie getting caught in her own trap and being held prisoner by The High Sparrow

the whole Dorne arc in AFFC..

"Only Cat"

Wyman Manderly's North remembers speech to Davos

Varys having Kevan killed

Jaime crumpling and ignoring Cersei's letter calling for help

Cersei's plan for Margaery backfiring and leading to her own arrest and Walk of Shame

"Only Cat" - this was such a big wow for me that I completely did not process Lysa's revelation of the truth about Jon Arryn's death, and I continued to think the Lannisters had done it for a lot longer than I care to admit.

"The North Remembers" - Wylla Manderly's defiance of the Freys, Lyanna Mormont's defiance of Stannis, Barbery Dustin's condescension to the Freys, and the dynamic duo of Wyman Manderly's "my son is home" speech to Davos and "had he lived he would have grown up to be a Frey" gauntlet throwing. The North remembers, and it is not done yet.

"Her eyes saw him, and they hated" - Lady Stoneheart, just a little bit of a wow.

"Dance with me then" - Waymar Royce started off as such an entitled prick, but the complete lack of hesitation in attacking the Others quickly redeemed him. Not a bad introduction to a story either.

The Battle of Blackwater Bay, the Red Wedding, and the Mountain and the Viper - I was more wowed by the quality of writing for all three events than by the actual events themselves, each of which could easily be a separate entry on the list if I had three more spots. But even after countless rereads, I am still on the edge of my seat when reading these chapters, torn between wanting to turn the pages as quickly as possible to see what happens next and wanting to read as slowly as possible in order to savor every detail.

Looks to me like everyone thinks of WOW moments as "OMG! HOW?" moments... BUT, what about moments that define a character based on their honor?

Here are my top 5 honor-related WOW moments...

#5. Arya protecting Gendry from the KL city guard. Being one of Robert's bastard children, Cersei wanted him deaf, yet when one of the guards killed Lommy, Arya said they already got Gendry.

#4. Ned Stark standing against Robert who wanted Daenerys dead. Sure, life in KL can be trying making it hard to maintain one's honor,but I loved how Ned refused to let the previous war carry over to this generation.

#3. Ned hiring Syrio Forel. By then, it seemed clear to Ned that Arya would rather be her own person than a typical Westerosi lady like her sister. When he discovered Arya's sword, he hired Syrio to train her.

#2. Tyrion refusing to bed Sansa against her will. Although the two were forced to marry at Tywin's command, Tyrion refused to force Sansa into bed. It was in that moment that I truly started to admire him, despite being a Lannister.

#1. In ADWD, Stannis Baratheon proposed to legitimize Jon Snow and give him control of Winterfell, making HIM Warden of the north. However, desire Jon's lifelong envy of Robb, wanting what he knew he could never have, he chose the Wall, refusing to abandon the oath he swore.

Archived