Fear the Walking Dead: Our hopes and dreams for the Series. (Now Spoiler Friendly).

Alia of the knife

More likley his kid from his first marriage is gonna get himself bit, Travis will have to kill him when he goes full zombie and gets all bitey, and that will at last wake him up to wtf is happening!

Yeah - the kid is what... about 15? The actor will be going through a growth spurt fairly soon. He might be twice the size he is now once season 2 rolls arround.

So either season 2 time jumps a year ahead, or he aint making it to season 2.

And given the slow burn approach, season 1 is dealing with the first days of the z-poc and I expect season 2 will maybe cover the first few weeks (maybe a month or two). So I know which of the two possibilities my money is on.

The kid is zombie chow.

Yeah - the kid is what... about 15? The actor will be going through a growth spurt fairly soon. He might be twice the size he is now once season 2 rolls arround.

So either season 2 time jumps a year ahead, or he aint making it to season 2.

And given the slow burn approach, season 1 is dealing with the first days of the z-poc and I expect season 2 will maybe cover the first few weeks (maybe a month or two). So I know which of the two possibilities my money is on.

The kid is zombie chow.

The actor is in his 20's.  I think to be twice his current size he'd need hours in the gym rather than rely on a very late growth spurt.  

In any case, I don't think the walking dead franchise is worried about growth spurts with young actors.  Just look at Carl.  But it is interesting that so far they've chosen to have zero child actors, unless you count Tobias, but I don't know how old that actor is so he could be much older than the part he plays.  

Wow, really? I definitely thought he was far younger. But I guess I wrong there. :)

And yep - I agree they've played it pretty loose with Carl's aging. But at least they've acknowledged the passage of a reasonable amount of time in that show - enough to be able to hand-wave it a little, IMO. I'm sure there's timelines out there somewhere, but with time spent on the farm and in the prison etc, it feels like about 1.5 to 2 years has passed, compared to the 4 years or so in the real world.

The (likely/possibly) slower passage of time here might not be a problem for Travis's son, as you point out. But it might be one reason that Tobias hasn't yet become a regular and likely won't be.

Archived