NFL Preseason 2015: Packers looking for a good diagnosis and Cris Carter is looking for Lee Majors

Trebla

At this point I think it would be more meaningful to point that criticism at Goodell. Instead of grinding an axe regarding an issue that occurred 8 years ago, why don't you sit these high priced lawyers you have on your payroll down and draw up a comprehensive procedure for punishments and suspensions. Maybe then one of your fucking rulings will be upheld when you inevitably get pulled into court.  

One thing I am trying to remain consistent on is that Goodell is a mouthpiece for the owners, enacting their will.  Goodell acts on what the owners get him to do.  Sometimes its one owner (Ravens with Rice) and sometimes its multiple owners (Deflategate).  Therefore, it would be- to some degree- disingenuous to blame Goodell and not connect him to where he gets his power- the owners.  

I agree that Goodell's individual actions- his day-to-day tactics- are terrible, comically stupid and witheringly ineffective.  

But the overall strategy, I think, is coming from the owners, to one degree or the other.  

But the overall strategy, I think, is coming from the owners, to one degree or the other.  

But let me just say I do not think that this is some gigantic, Illuminati-style machine.  In fact, the results seem to indicate that C.O.B.R.A. and C.L.A.W. are run better than these morons.  

One thing I am trying to remain consistent on is that Goodell is a mouthpiece for the owners, enacting their will.  Goodell acts on what the owners get him to do.  Sometimes its one owner (Ravens with Rice) and sometimes its multiple owners (Deflategate).  Therefore, it would be- to some degree- disingenuous to blame Goodell and not connect him to where he gets his power- the owners.  

I agree that Goodell's individual actions- his day-to-day tactics- are terrible, comically stupid and witheringly ineffective.  

But it's up to the league office to figure out how to best enact that strategy and to make it stick. None of this changes the fact that the league office is a fucking clown car that can't get out of its' own way.

Got it so now only the Pats are smart, honest, and good. Everyone else is jealous, stupid, and evil. Soon Bob Kraft will lead his people to freedom, and out of their perpetual state of despair. Let my people go!

In other news this just probably guranteed my poor Steelers will get pounded into the dust on Thursday. It was always looking bad without Bell, Bryant, and Pouncey. Now I'm kinda afraid to watch.

Archived