NFL Preseason 2015: Packers looking for a good diagnosis and Cris Carter is looking for Lee Majors

Trebla

They apparently have a statement from Mike Martz in the "Cheating Opus" supposedly that he made to the NFL .  

Martz is now saying his statements were changed in the piece or by the NFL..  

Here is the story from NBC saying that either the NFL or ESPN is lying.  Or they are both just lying liars who lie.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/08/mike-martz-was-shocked-by-apparent-changes-to-statement-he-gave-to-the-nfl/

Seriously, ANYONE ON THE PLANET EARTH- here is some career advice- make a story up about how the Pats are cheaters; provide virtually no evidence.  Get it printed in ESPN.  

It, apparently, works.  

Yeah, the martyr thing gets really old.  The idea that other teams want to sabotage the Patriots out of pure jealousy is a tough sell - plenty of other teams have been really good for 10-15 years without having this happen to them. 

Yeah, the martyr thing gets really old.  The idea that other teams want to sabotage the Patriots out of pure jealousy is a tough sell - plenty of other teams have been really good for 10-15 years without having this happen to them. 

There's also the fact that they just got away with Deflategate because of procedural incompetence by the NFL, not because anyone outside of Massachusetts believes they weren't guilty.

They apparently have a statement from Mike Martz in the "Cheating Opus" supposedly that he made to the NFL .  

Martz is now saying his statements were changed in the piece or by the NFL..  

Here is the story from NBC saying that either the NFL or ESPN is lying.  Or they are both just lying liars who lie.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/08/mike-martz-was-shocked-by-apparent-changes-to-statement-he-gave-to-the-nfl/

Seriously, ANYONE ON THE PLANET EARTH- here is some career advice- make a story up about how the Pats are cheaters; provide virtually no evidence.  Get it printed in ESPN.  

It, apparently, works.  

Dude, you have it ass-backwards. Martz is referring to a statement he was asked by the NFL to give about the allegations that the Pats taped the Rams' practice. Goodell allegedly phoned Martz and begged him to come out and say he was satisfied with the NFL's findings. Goodell and the NFL were afraid that Arlen Specter  was going to convene a Congressional hearing and they were terrified that they would have to go under oath.

Martz wrote a statement but according to the ESPN report, someone in the NFL added sentences to it making it a stronger show of support for the NFL.

The pats really are in the mike Tyson zone of cheating. They could be accused of sacrificing baby goats to keep Tom Brady's tendons young and most of us would wonder about the medical efficacy.

Rock is taking a wrong tack here, as the report is about two things - the pats cheating and the NFL being incredibly incompetent and duplicitous. If this was acting as a mouthpiece for goodell, it was only to put a foot in said mouth.

The pats really are in the mike Tyson zone of cheating. They could be accused of sacrificing baby goats to keep Tom Brady's tendons young and most of us would wonder about the medical efficacy.

Rock is taking a wrong tack here, as the report is about two things - the pats cheating and the NFL being incredibly incompetent and duplicitous. If this was acting as a mouthpiece for goodell, it was only to put a foot in said mouth.

Yeah, it's certainly not a good look for Goodell, yet again.

I love how I'm the problem.  

Here is a phrase to learn by reading the "Cheating Opus"- the phrase is "Declined to Provide Comment."  Its used 8 times to describe 10 individuals.  Seriously, virtually nothing said in that piece can be attributed to a named source.

Just like the 11 of 12 footballs.  

AND THE REASON I mentioned Martz is because Martz is saying the NFL printed something he didn't say.  That's relevant because this piece, clearly, came from the NFL (ie: Goodell JUST HAPPENS to go on Mike & Mike the very morning the piece was printed... gee... you don't think he had advanced warning).  Its all schlock.  Its all regurgitated complaints, allegations and nonsense from people who have been complaining about this.  

Gotta love Patriot's haters.  Seriously- you can say I'm a fan etc, but the "Patriots Haters" are the ones driving this.  The paranoia, the bitching, complaining, whining etc.  

THEY EVEN REGURGITATED THE HEAD-SET SHIT THEY LIED ABOUT YEARS AGO! !!!! ! They regurgitated the shit about recording the Rams practices- THAT ESPN ALREADY HAD TO APOLOGIZE FOR! 

Its comical nonsense.  The same lies over and over again; complaints disguised as evidence; whining disguised as facts.  Bitching disguised as "journalism."  

Ahhh, the season is almost here and we can stop talking about Pats cheating and focus on the Pats playing Thursday night. Right? Wrong. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/08/report-patriots-spygate-cheating-was-widespread-over-many-years/

Looks like maybe the league, win or lose with Deflategate, was going to make sure the Pats were further vilified by finally talking about Spygate. The timing of this report is just too convenient. ESPN had to have been working on this story months ago.

Who is conducting this fucking train-wreck of a league right now? I don't know if Goodell can actually do something that would affect ratings, but doesn't the league care at all about their public image? This is just ridiculous, the WWE is probably a more credible organization at this point.

LoveRock, we're agreeing with you.

I love how I'm the problem.  

Here is a phrase to learn by reading the "Cheating Opus"- the phrase is "Declined to Provide Comment."  Its used 8 times to describe 10 individuals.  Seriously, virtually nothing said in that piece can be attributed to a named source.

Just like the 11 of 12 footballs.  

AND THE REASON I mentioned Martz is because Martz is saying the NFL printed something he didn't say.  That's relevant because this piece, clearly, came from the NFL (ie: Goodell JUST HAPPENS to go on Mike & Mike the very morning the piece was printed... gee... you don't think he had advanced warning).  Its all schlock.  Its all regurgitated complaints, allegations and nonsense from people who have been complaining about this.  

Gotta love Patriot's haters.  Seriously- you can say I'm a fan etc, but the "Patriots Haters" are the ones driving this.  The paranoia, the bitching, complaining, whining etc.  

THEY EVEN REGURGITATED THE HEAD-SET SHIT THEY LIED ABOUT YEARS AGO! !!!! ! They regurgitated the shit about recording the Rams practices- THAT ESPN ALREADY HAD TO APOLOGIZE FOR! 

Its comical nonsense.  The same lies over and over again; complaints disguised as evidence; whining disguised as facts.  Bitching disguised as "journalism."  

If this story is coming from the league, they've managed to make themselves look even worse with no discernible gain. Well done league.

If this story is coming from the league, they've managed to make themselves look even worse with no discernible gain. Well done league.

My guess is that Goodells 31 other bosses forced his office to cooperate with this story. He comes out looking by far the worst in this piece. Plus, a number of unnamed owners and team executives are quoted in the story.

The other problem is that espn has zero journalistic integrity. If this came from wetzel at yahoo or even grantland no one would be doubting its veracity.

At least its OTL instead of one of their NFL "reporters."

Still, fuck this story.  It doesn't fucking matter.  Everyone knows the Pats have been cheating since Belichick arrived.  They also know that it happened long enough ago and there has been too much NFL incompetence to do anything about it now.

Just actually start making sure they can't get away with cheating going forward, and chalk up the past shit as the equivalent of doing roids in baseball when everyone knew there would be no testing or punishment.

The other problem is that espn has zero journalistic integrity. If this came from wetzel at yahoo or even grantland no one would be doubting its veracity.

I think another way to look at this is that Wetzel/Yahoo or Grantland would not run THIS particular story which is (from my reading so far) nothing more than a regurgitation of excuses, rumors, complaints and sour grapes.  

So Goodell fixes fucking up the Spygate investigation...by fucking up Deflategate in the other direction. It's kinda like how Ray Rice went from a 2 game suspension to being suspended forever and ever and ever. This guy is aces.

I'd love to see him in other professions. If he were police chief he'd make up for rampant discrimination against black people to upping the department's discrimination against Asians.

I said it before I will say it again; its always easier to have an enemy to blame then to look inward and see where the real problem is.  THese teams would rather say "PATRIOTS CHEATED!!!!!" then say what's true: "You know what?  We are not a very good organization AND THAT'S why we lose."  

At this point I think it would be more meaningful to point that criticism at Goodell. Instead of grinding an axe regarding an issue that occurred 8 years ago, why don't you sit these high priced lawyers you have on your payroll down and draw up a comprehensive procedure for punishments and suspensions. Maybe then one of your fucking rulings will be upheld when you inevitably get pulled into court.  

I mean, we know that the Ravens- but hurt over being beaten by the Pats and burned by Brady (ie: "Maybe they should learn the rules" ... after that loud-mouth Harbaugh made it clear that he didn't properly prepare his team with the rules)- complained to the COlts and the league about the Pats after losing the Divisional round.  

Not sure you should cite that in defense of your team. Seems pretty karmic to me that Tommy Watermelons should crack on another team for not knowing the rules when he very likely skirted the rules in that very game. And brought down defltegate on himself in the process.

Archived