If Jon dies, whose POV will tell us about the NW happanings?

Megz

Well, te title pretty much covers what I want to say and sorry if it has been said or discussed before.
I can't see any other char through whose eyes we can see what is going on at the Wall. I am among the believers that Jon Snow is not dead, or won't be left dead. And since he is the only one to represent all the events connected with the NW, I don't think GRRM will just lose him without havin an adequate substitute for this task.

Holly crap!! A typo in my very first topic title. Please, read: HAPPENINGS [blush]

GRRM said A Dance With Dragons will follow next year. He says a lot.

Next year? I got my copy about five years ago. ;)

I don't see any reason for GRRM to mis-lead anyone on this though. DWD comment was a prediction, not a statement on something he has absolute control over.

Next year? I got my copy about five years ago. ;)

I don't see any reason for GRRM to mis-lead anyone on this though. DWD comment was a prediction, not a statement on something he has absolute control over.

GRRM himself even seems to believe he needs to cut down the POV's.  Now that doesn't mean he wont add any more, but reading between the lines, it sounds as if even GRRM wants to narrow down the scope moving forward as well.  So I wouldn't expect anyone new moving forward unless it is very critical to the plot.

Mel.

Davos has no reason to go back to the Wall. If he gathers Up Osha, Rickon and Shaggy Dog on Skagos he's supposed to return to White Harbor. But I'm guessing all the various conflicts are going force new plans .

That is, unless GRRM already killed Osha, Rickon and Shaggy Dog off stage and Davos is next. Skagos is the place where characters are never seen again.

...Highly unlikely.

There's also Sam.

I know he seems very involved in his own story down in Oldtown now but who says he definitely stays there? With only two books left to go, and the Feast prologue identifying just how long it takes to become a maester, I doubt very much that he's able to follow through on that. Maybe he sticks around for a few months before turning up some crucial piece of information and has to return with all haste back north, maybe even with a new retinue of friends, Sarella etc.

Not saying this will definitely happen but him becoming a maester, at the very least, seems unlikely. And if thats the case, he could easily leave Oldtown again.

@Caspoi

True. But with Mel as a stand in, at least for the time being, plus a potential prologue from the wall, it could bridge the gap.

Plus theres always the chance that GRRM deliberately leaves the wall silent for a while, just to build the intrigue over what may or may not have happened to Jon.

Also, never thought of this at first, but with Bran in the weirwood network, he potentially becomes a POV for anywhere.

Archived