Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5/S 6 speculation continued [book and show spoilers]

kissdbyfire

Guys, this is funny. You're gonna laugh.

This tweet happened: https://twitter.com/WatchersOTWall/status/644285723319869440

I RT'ed with these words: "Why they keep casting irrelevant people and not, say, THE FUCKING PROTAGONIST OF DORNE, ARIANNE?!"

Then I closed the tab and opened again. And [url=http://i.imgur.com/NUPQbme.png]this[/url] happened. (it says "tweet not available).

So, I went to check what the f happened...

[url=http://i.imgur.com/qAmWPDO.png]THIS[/url]  happened.

They BLOCKED me.

They blocked me because I criticised the show :dunno:

Now is personal, Watchers. Now is personal...

(I still can RT you manually... :dunno:)

She is not very professional, is she.

From a professional pov only, she is not. This is a very bad PR manouvre. Like, if you're the CM of Coca Cola, and you block every other people who says "Coca Cola takes like medicine!!", you're a TERRIBLE CM. You cannot block critics. It makes you look like a brat.

If they insult you, yeah, totally understandable. But I said nothing against them: my comment was against the show.

"Outlander" is supposed to be a women's show, right? Now, it's got violence and Caitriona gets naked, too, so I guess it's not wholly a soap opera. Thing is, even though it celebrates the female gaze, it also has extraordinary production values, great music, universally wonderful acting, and a reverence for the original material, which I haven't even read and he won't ever try to.

I agree, it's a great show. Men like it, too, the story is about history, time travel, romance, it's just good drama.

Starz CEO on the Emmys (this is the one who read the Outlander books and told the showrunner to do a faithful version/make the readers happy):

The way Starz CEO Chris Albrecht tells it, he has no problem pointing out how broken the Emmys are to a bunch of TV Academy executives. After the Starz drama Outlander - which featured critically-acclaimed performances from Sam Heughan and Tobias Menzies in its first season - was snubbed by the voters this year, Albrecht invited a few TV Academy folks to his office to tell them exactly what he thought.

"They said they had 140 dramas were submitted. I said, 'How possibly could this group choose seven best nominees from 140 programs?'" Albrecht said in a recent interview with Fortune. "They certainly didnt see 140 programs. The Emmys is not a meritocracy. Its a game. A political game."

If the 63-year-old programmer seems a tad exasperated, he may have a right. The former CEO of of HBO who developed The Sopranos, hes managed to turn Starz into the second most distributed premium network in the US - right behind HBO. By shepherding serious dramas like Outlander and Power, the pay cable network has boost subscriptions by more than 7 million (up from 16.9 million when Albrecht first came aboard in 2010). The network now has more subscribers than Showtime, Bloomberg notes.

http://fortune.com/2015/09/16/starz-chris-albrecht/

This tweet happened: https://twitter.com/WatchersOTWall/status/644285723319869440

I RT'ed with these words: "Why they keep casting irrelevant people and not, say, THE FUCKING PROTAGONIST OF DORNE, ARIANNE?!"

Then I closed the tab and opened again. And this happened. (it says "tweet not available).

THIS  happened.

They BLOCKED me.

I have been rideculed on another thread for suggesting show interns troll the boards to thwart show criticizm.  In your case on twitter, they are on to you.

There are a lot of things that are.. erm... let's say simply "wrong" to simplify the discussion... wrong with Outlander, but... let's be clear here:

1. They respect the author.

2. They respect the books.

3. They respect the fandom.

They know the show is mainly targeted towards woman and they don't simply say "aaah... let's give them cheesy words and a naked dude!" (like certain shady books). The political intrigues are still there, the conflicts, the historical references. It's like... they are aware that women are also able to think and use their brains. Wow. Groundbreaking, I know.

It's the complete opposite to GoT.

Then I closed the tab and opened again. And this happened. (it says "tweet not available).

THIS  happened.

They BLOCKED me.

She is not very professional, is she.

I agree, it's a great show. Men like it, too, the story is about history, time travel, romance, it's just good drama.

Starz CEO on the Emmys (this is the one who read the Outlander books and told the showrunner to do a faithful version/make the readers happy):

http://fortune.com/2015/09/16/starz-chris-albrecht/

I have been rideculed on another thread for suggesting show interns troll the boards to thwart show criticizm.  In your case on twitter, they are on to you.

The entertainment industry is just as bad as sports, wall street, politics, and the health care industry.

Outlander is 59% female viewers.

Outlander's audience, meanwhile, is 59 percent women, compared to 38 percent for Black Sails and 45 percent for Power, and its last two episodes were the top-ranked cable programs of the week among women.

Outlander proved that "if you can get in business on a great book series where you've got a presold audience and there are storylines that have been worked out by an author that have had the test not just of time but of an audience having to read and accept it, then that's a pretty good template for a television series," said Starz CEO Chris Albrecht.

Outlander's success with women is just the latest good news for Starz, which has grown to 23.3 million subscribers and, according to SNL Kagan, leapfrogged Showtime to become the No. 2 premium network behind HBO.

"Starz has singled out females as a demo that HBO and Showtime haven't focused a lot on," said Macquarie Research analyst Amy Yong. "So they've been very strategic about trying to draw a demographic that hasn't been as well-served as they could be."

http://www.adweek.com/news/television/breakout-hit-outlander-finally-attracting-women-starz-163735

You know, I've been thinking about this casting of the Tarly family and I realize that even if they go back to the book stories and characterizations now (not that they will, I'm sure!) it doesn't matter unlike the showrunners, many critics, and a lot of show-apologist the North I remember what they did the season before. Even if Sansa gets her exact same story in the Vale back, I remember that she was slotted into Jeyne Poole's role and raped by Ramsay Snow, just as it didn't matter to me that they stuck in a version of Jaime and Brienne's Oathkeeper scene because they'd had Jaime rape Cersei before that and it didn't matter that Jaime talked about how he could write whatever he chose in the White Book because he shoved it off the table to have consensual sex with a Cersei who caressed his golden hand and talked about openly acknowledging their children.

It's a serialized story - what came before matters because your story should build on it. I truly did defend a lot of the show's changes early on because I believed they were mostly faithful to the spirit of the books, and I can even understand the showrunners wanting to leave their own imprint on the material, but then they refuse to own it, and just randomly make the characters go back to doing their book stories in the places where they like the book stories, and ignore the book things where they don't like the book things.

Also, I feel like they keep doing these weird cosmetic things to show that they're faithful to the books, like casting Septon Meribald and the Tarly family but then either making them really different from their book characters or changing their importance to the story (why cast Alexander Siddiq as Doran and give him NOTHING to do, why make a big deal about Areo Hotah pre-season when he was nothing more than a glorified extra, WHY WHY WHY?)   (In the grand scheme of things, and as much as I love Septon Meribald, he doesn't matter the way that, oh, I don't know, Tyrion's downward spiral of self-loathing and Varys's plans to usurp Westeros with his own specially-trained up pet prince matter. And yet they ignore the latter and decide to cast the former. I'm now awaiting Septon Al Swearengen to talk about the cocksuckers who go to war or whatever ...) They cast totally minor roles like Lollys Stokeworth (no, I WILL NEVER BE OVER THAT PIECE OF RIDICULOUSNESS!) and ignore major POV characters like Arianne. Every time I think I'm over it, I see some bit of casting and it's just maddening to me because I keep trying to figure out the logic behind the decision-making processes and as far as I can see, it's just not there in so many instances. There's no budgetary reason to cut or completely change iconic lines, and no reason not to reference the continuity of your own changes (like Jon knowing that Bran is alive, or Cersei forgetting her four children.) I think sometimes it's just the sheer sloppiness that drives me crazy!

Archived