Paris implications continued

Fragile Bird

If you read the document you have linked to, it says:

"There is nothing to suggest any significant relationship between extreme right wing politics and football risk supporters. The composition of hooligan groups in England and Wales tends to reflect the character of the communities from which they are drawn. In general, football hooligans come from all social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, though there are local and other variations. Police and other agencies monitor trends but there are currently no significant links between risk football supporters and extreme right wing groups In England and Wales, domestic football hooligan groups are based around peer group loyalty that is suspicious of people trying to infiltrate the group or influence its activities. That is why attempts by extreme right wing groups to recruit from organised UK hooligan groups have largely failed."

And:

"Great strides have been made in recent years to rid football of the kind of mass racist chanting that once shamed our national game. A number of factors and agencies have contributed to that success and it is now extremely rare for domestic football to experience overt racism within grounds." 

Vastly greater levels of youth unemployment in France than in the UK?

That may well be true, but the FN was set up as a fascist party, so I think it is perfectly fair to continue to have suspicions that their recent "reform" is not genuine until proved otherwise. 

Edit: WTF? The first quote was of theguyfromtheVale and the second two from Chaircat Meow. 

Jean-Marie Le Pen certainly held (and voiced) a number of problematic beliefs. However, if you read the rest of that link, you will see that his successor went to considerable lengths to demonstrate that FN no longer holds these beliefs and in fact kicked Jean-Marie out of the party over some of those apologetic comments.

Well, but concerns that she just pulled a sheepskin over the fascist wolf of her party still aren't entirely unreasonable.

@Hereward: Multiquoting is quite problematic right now, as you nticed yourself, so I won't quote you at the same time. I did provide the links that I came up with after some research, but I'll admit I haven't delved in that issue for more than a few hours so I'll have to do with what I can find and am open to learning more. I've already conceded that Meow may be right, although I'll still stay skeptic, if only because similar positions were not too uncommon over here until 4 years ago when we found out that a group of neo-Nazis had committed dozens of murders over a decade, with our internal security agencies complicit in the coverup.

don't know much about FN, but people act like being more restrictive/selective regarding immigration is the dawn of facism or something

Besides the stuff already pointed out, anti-immigration sentiment is a key component of fascism, hence why you see people suspicious of one becoming the other.

Archived