Stark children may be able to ride dragons

purple-eyes

purple-eyes,

it certainly can work as a meta-hint, but there is no evidence that the Jace-bastard wedding story is true, and even if it were, there is no reason to believe that a child of that union ever married into the Stark family tree.

If Jace married the bastard girl, she would have married into House Velaryon, and subsequently any child from that union would have been named Velaryon, not Snow.

While there is a very small chance that Jace never talked about this marriage of his back on Dragonstone, Cregan and the Starks most certainly would have known, and subsequently Cregan would have send word to Aegon III after his ascension, no? Perhaps even have sent his sister's children to court to be raised as the king's wards or something like that.

The Starks would have had no reason keep such children a secret. And they would also have had no reason to steep as low as to marry one of them. In the family tree no Stark ever married a bastard's offspring.

When the World book dismisses something as a legend or an reliable source that's the version I tend to believe. As shown by Maester Luwin the maesters are narrow minded & wont even consider an alternate explanation to what's in a book even if it's slapping them in the face. So the Jace-bastard Stark is not so unbelievable to me. However, I do agree that even if this did happen the children would have been Valaryons & there's indication that any of these children (or their offspring) married back into house stark. For the OP's theory to work it would have had to be a Stark marrying a bastard Velayron. With the assumed facts there may be some Velayrons out there w/ some Stark blood, so they may have Old God powers (i.e. Warging, greenseeing, green dreams) but this would be especially relevant to the story.

Maybe there's some foreshadowing through parallels as purple eyes said but idk.

When the World book dismisses something as a legend or an reliable source that's the version I tend to believe. As shown by Maester Luwin the maesters are narrow minded & wont even consider an alternate explanation to what's in a book even if it's slapping them in the face. So the Jace-bastard Stark is not so unbelievable to me. However, I do agree that even if this did happen the children would have been Valaryons & there's indication that any of these children (or their offspring) married back into house stark. For the OP's theory to work it would have had to be a Stark marrying a bastard Velayron. With the assumed facts there may be some Velayrons out there w/ some Stark blood, so they may have Old God powers (i.e. Warging, greenseeing, green dreams) but this would be especially relevant to the story.

Maybe there's some foreshadowing through parallels as purple eyes said but idk.

The point here is, though, that this story didn't even make it into TWoIaF so there is even less reason to assume it is very important information.

And Mushroom is not necessarily a very good source. Do you believe the story about the length of his member, that he supposedly helped Daemon teach Rhaenyra in the arts of love, that Daemon never had an affair with Rhaenyra and only taught her the arts of love so that she could seduce Criston Cole, that Criston Cole threw Lord Lyman Beesbury out of the widow of the council chamber?

I'm inclined to believe some of his stuff - the looks of Rhaenyra's daughter Visenya, for instance (considering that he was on Dragonstone at that time he very well could have carried her into the yard for the burning), his version of the parentage of Addam and Alyn of Hull, his version of the last moments of Arryk and Erryk Cargyll - but the more outlandish claims most likely are just crap. Another one of those would be Mushroom's bold claim that the whole call for dragonseeds was his idea - I don't see how that could have worked if Mushroom was supposed to be considered a simpleton. Jace most likely did not turn to him for advice.

There is Very low opportunity that arya would ride a dragon, except she may manage to ride jon snow. (If you count him as a dragon) 

Oh good.  So you too believe in Jon+Arya. 

In terms of actual dragons, both Jon and Arya would make very poor choices for having one.  Jon is the Benedict Arnold of the Seven Kingdoms.  He can't be trusted with a lot of power.  Arya is the absolute last person you want to have the power of a WMD in her hands.  I second Coon's Age in saying the Starks should be limited to their pooches.

Archived