Stark children may be able to ride dragons

purple-eyes

So the heir abandoned the daughter and grand daughter or his most powerful ally, married a bastard and no one knew about it?

We do not know because The world book did not include this part. But the court and lord cregon probably knew about it. He is a namely velaryon grandson and also step-son of daemon. What can corlys and daemon do to him even he indeed abandoned Rhaena for love? 

And it was a war time, maybe he did not announce it to public to make people uncomfortable. But he died shortly after that, so no need to say anything. Maybe rhaena was betrothed to Joffrey after his death. 

We do not know because The world book did not include this part. But the court and lord cregon probably knew about it. He is a namely velaryon grandson and also step-son of daemon. What can corlys and daemon do to him even he indeed abandoned Rhaena for love? 

And it was a war time, maybe he did not announce it to public to make people uncomfortable. But he died shortly after that, so no need to say anything. Maybe rhaena was betrothed to Joffrey after his death. 

Again. Rhaena was the daughter and grand daughter of his most powerful ally no one in his right mind, I am looking at you Robb, would had betrayed one of his most powerful allies for a nobody. I think that if it was real we would had at least a mention of something going on in the books. From all we know he may had arranged a marriage for one of his brothers. 

Again. Rhaena was the daughter and grand daughter of his most powerful ally no one in his right mind, I am looking at you Robb, would had betrayed one of his most powerful allies for a nobody. I think that if it was real we would had at least a mention of something going on in the books. From all we know he may had arranged a marriage for one of his brothers. 

This is not the first or even second time in this book that a man betrayed alliance and followed his heart. We do have Robb, Rhaegar, Jon Snow and even Daemon himself (betrayed his queen to let his lover escape with a dragon)

Why can not Jace do it?

And Jace did not have power to promise his remaining brothers without asking his mother. And by the way, why would his brothers accept a stranger bastard as wife? 

1. Jacaerys Velaryon was betrothed to Baela Targaryen, not Rhaena Targaryen. Lucerys Velaryon was betrothed to Rhaena.

2. It is a rumor spread by Mushroom that Jace married the bastard sister of Cregan Stark. We have no proof that it ever occurred, and we have no reason to believe that if such a marriage did occur, that any children were born of that union or that the marriage was ever formally acknowledged/admitted by the parties involved. One assumes that such a marriage would caused great turmoil at Rhaenyra's court on Dragonstone had the news ever reached her, resulting in Jace's fall from grace.

3. Even if the marriage did occur, and the bastard delivered a child, there is no reason to assume that such a child or its descendants ever married back into the Stark line. We happened to know all the Stark wives from Cregan up to Ned and neither is named 'Velaryon'.

Conclusion: The theory that the Starks may have dragon blood through such a union makes no sense.

1. Jacaerys Velaryon was betrothed to Baela Targaryen, not Rhaena Targaryen. Lucerys Velaryon was betrothed to Rhaena.

2. It is a rumor spread by Mushroom that Jace married the bastard sister of Cregan Stark. We have no proof that it ever occurred, and we have no reason to believe that if such a marriage did occur, that any children were born of that union or that the marriage was ever formally acknowledged/admitted by the parties involved. One assumes that such a marriage would caused great turmoil at Rhaenyra's court on Dragonstone had the news ever reached her, resulting in Jace's fall from grace.

3. Even if the marriage did occur, and the bastard delivered a child, there is no reason to assume that such a child or its descendants ever married back into the Stark line. We happened to know all the Stark wives from Cregan up to Ned and neither is named 'Velaryon'.

Conclusion: The theory that the Starks may have dragon blood through such a union makes no sense.

imho this is a true event and it is a big hint for the future union of jon and Dany. 

for jace and this stark woman

A prince of dragonstone and dragon rider, married a bastard sister of lord stark. 

for Dany and Jon

A princess of dragonstone and dragon rider, married a bastard brother of lord stark. 

GRRM did not include this one in the current book because it will spoil too much. 

For the marriage, 

I think jace did not want to say it because he did not want to cause problem during war. 

He planned to confess it after the war, but unluckily he died very soon, so nobody knew about it in the court except fool mushroom who Jace may feel safe to talk with.  

This stark bastard daughter may be pregnant and had a son or daughter,

they will be snow, not velaryon.  

Then they may have their own children and one of them may marry back to stark as a wife we already knew. 

But i think this is not very important, more important is that it is a foreshadow for Jon and dany. 

There is none.  There is absolutely ZERO evidence that *anyone* will ever ride a dragon (outside of Dany, obviously).

This is one of those theories that stems from the "dragon must have three heads" line in the books....so everyone just connects phantom dots, believing that 3 dragons must mean there will be 3 riders, even though there is zero evidence in the novels to prove that anyone will ever actually ride one.

. . and Stark fans desperately wanting theirs to ride the most awesome ride you can have on that planet.  The Starks should be content with their canine. 

purple-eyes,

it certainly can work as a meta-hint, but there is no evidence that the Jace-bastard wedding story is true, and even if it were, there is no reason to believe that a child of that union ever married into the Stark family tree.

If Jace married the bastard girl, she would have married into House Velaryon, and subsequently any child from that union would have been named Velaryon, not Snow.

While there is a very small chance that Jace never talked about this marriage of his back on Dragonstone, Cregan and the Starks most certainly would have known, and subsequently Cregan would have send word to Aegon III after his ascension, no? Perhaps even have sent his sister's children to court to be raised as the king's wards or something like that.

The Starks would have had no reason keep such children a secret. And they would also have had no reason to steep as low as to marry one of them. In the family tree no Stark ever married a bastard's offspring.

purple-eyes,

it certainly can work as a meta-hint, but there is no evidence that the Jace-bastard wedding story is true, and even if it were, there is no reason to believe that a child of that union ever married into the Stark family tree.

If Jace married the bastard girl, she would have married into House Velaryon, and subsequently any child from that union would have been named Velaryon, not Snow.

While there is a very small chance that Jace never talked about this marriage of his back on Dragonstone, Cregan and the Starks most certainly would have known, and subsequently Cregan would have send word to Aegon III after his ascension, no? Perhaps even have sent his sister's children to court to be raised as the king's wards or something like that.

The Starks would have had no reason keep such children a secret. And they would also have had no reason to steep as low as to marry one of them. In the family tree no Stark ever married a bastard's offspring.

I personally think this is a true event because it is too ridiculous.

Nobody would imagine this can happen unless it indeed happened.  

His original plan actually had Zero dragons as it was another author friend of his that convinced him to include them.

right he didn't think of dragons ...but thought to give targs powers of controlling and wielding fire ..kind of like Avatar airbender ....which I think would not have worked for Asoiaf ....but the point is he always wanted to  give some power to Targs ...  

to the OP as long as dany wargs into ghost summer and nymeria ....iam perfectly ok with stark getting the remaining dragons ...

Then arya and bran may also have dragon blood to ride a dragon, not much less than Quentin and plumm. 

I have a doubt.  My doubt is mainly on narrative character grounds.  Both Arya and Bran have direwolves of their own, plus Rikon and Jon.  While Bran is the strongest warg, and Arya close behind, if any of the four gained control over a dragon, warg or rider, they'd tred dangerously close to entering the 'Mary Sue' zone.  That would become a cheap sellout of the characters, if they had/got/gained it all.  Same as Bran becoming the all-powerful greenseer, or Jon becoming king of Westeros.  Nice fanfic, but doesn't aid the characters development as an individual, nor their arc, nor the series as a whole, least in my opinion.

The only Stark w/o an animal is Sansa, and her arc isn't exactly laden with dragon foreshadowing, and only nascent warg abilities.  If she gained a dragon that'd throw everything about her in an entirely new and different direction.  Subversion of expectations and archetypes.  Sansa as a character would be forced to grow into that position, thus her story would gain more than any other Stark gaining a dragon.  Likely to happen, not really, based on the text itself.  Still possible, but unless and until GRRM writes it, its fanfic at best.  Sill an interesting thought experiment.

I have a doubt.  My doubt is mainly on narrative character grounds.  Both Arya and Bran have direwolves of their own, plus Rikon and Jon.  While Bran is the strongest warg, and Arya close behind, if any of the four gained control over a dragon, warg or rider, they'd tred dangerously close to entering the 'Mary Sue' zone.  

If one dragon and a direwolf makes a person go close to Mary Sue zone, think what would happen to a person with three dragons? And honestly a single dragon can probably destroy an entire wolf pack on its own. 

My view is that dragons are almost like Nuclear Weapons. Saying you have a direwolf, so you must not have a dragon would be like saying, you have a  AK47 rifle so you better not keep a nuclear weapon..

There is none.  There is absolutely ZERO evidence that *anyone* will ever ride a dragon (outside of Dany, obviously).

This is one of those theories that stems from the "dragon must have three heads" line in the books....so everyone just connects phantom dots, believing that 3 dragons must mean there will be 3 riders, even though there is zero evidence in the novels to prove that anyone will ever actually ride one.

. . and Stark fans desperately wanting theirs to ride the most awesome ride you can have on that planet.  The Starks should be content with their canine. 

Agreed. Because there are three dragons, and Dany can obviously only ride one at a time, Rhaegar's prophecy that the dragon must have three heads has led to all kinds of fan speculation about the identity of the other two dragon riders. Dany detractors and haters take it one step further, assume she's canon fodder or evil, and then speculate on the real three riders of the dragons this girl hatched.

It is ridiculous. On another thread, there are people seriously speculating that Jon, Arya, and Bran are the real three heads of the dragon. I have to think they're being needlessly provocative, for certainly no one who's read all five books of ASOIAF published thus far would ever come to such a conclusion. 

Be nice if Team World War Stark would simmer it down... just a bit...

. On another thread, there are people seriously speculating that Jon, Arya, and Bran are the real three heads of the dragon.

Who did that? Are you referring to me? I just said that Bran or Arya may ride dragons. In none of my comments did I say that it would be both of them.  If both of them have to be involved, then maybe Bran warging it and Arya riding it. 

When it comes to a  Stark riding a Dragon, I am speculating based on textual evidence, not randomly. For example in the link below,  the meta author provides textual evidence which could at the very least indicate some sort of connection between Arya and dragons, be it just meeting or flying.

http://donewithwoodenteeth.tumblr.com/post/74136149458/i-dont-get-it-how-can-you-think-arya-would-be-a

I have always included Dany as one of the heads, if at all it means three different people as most of us assume. What I disagree with is the notion that three heads of the dragon necessarily mean three dragon riders.  It could be something more subtle, but which in all probability will include Dany for sure(dont worry! LOL)

Who did that? Are you referring to me? I just said that Bran or Arya may ride dragons. In none of my comments did I say that it would be both of them.  If both of them have to be involved, then maybe Bran warging it and Arya riding it. 

When it comes to a  Stark riding a Dragon, I am speculating based on textual evidence, not randomly. For example in the link below,  the meta author provides textual evidence which could at the very least indicate some sort of connection between Arya and dragons, be it just meeting or flying.

http://donewithwoodenteeth.tumblr.com/post/74136149458/i-dont-get-it-how-can-you-think-arya-would-be-a

I have always included Dany as one of the heads, if at all it means three different people as most of us assume. What I disagree with is the notion that three heads of the dragon necessarily mean three dragon riders.  It could be something more subtle, but which in all probability will include Dany for sure(dont worry! LOL)

If we look hard enough, we can connect any character with anything in the books. And some on Tumblr often are just hoping to find support for their favorite characters or relationships, rather than taking an objective look at the entire story. 

If we look hard enough, we can connect any character with anything in the books. And some on Tumblr often are just hoping to find support for their favorite characters or relationships, rather than taking an objective look at the entire story. 

You cannot group all tumblr users by one brush. This one is actually quite well supported. . Of course this is not solid proof that Arya will ride a Dragon , but does hint at the possibility.  The very fact that they are wargs and are asosiated with magic makes them candidates for the same. Dragons are magical wild animals , but still they ultimately are wild animals? So they can be tamed by them. Especially by magical people like Wargs?

i have seen the Jon references too. And Tyrion ones too.

I am sure about the fact that these people will be associated with dragons in some way or the other. Either they will just meet them, or ride them or something else. With Tyrion , I am pretty confident he will ride because not only are there references in the books , but the author said this  in 2007. I suspect it is a tease.

Well, I made my appearance on Sheep Island a few hours ago, cleverly disguised as Tyrion the Imp for a reading and Q&A session at Bantam’s virtual bookstore. Only this version of Tyrion could fly! Ah, if only the Tyrion in the books could fly, what mischief he will… ah… could… ah, never mind.

Its a different matter that he may do some mischief using them.

I love Jon, but I find it highly unlikely that he would ride dragons while the battle for the dawn is going on. Because his flaming sword if he has one, could be very useful in rallying the ground forces to block the way of the white walkers down south. Maybe afterwards, he may ride a dragon but not during that time if he has the flaming sword. So the dragon references in his case may indicate a rescue act by dragons while he is battling at the wall.

So in my mind one rider is Tyrion, another Dany and the third rider/warger is either Bran or Arya ..

I am of course assuming ,contrary to common belief that three heads of the dragon do not equal being a dragon rider.

Some  one like Jon in my mind would be a head of a dragon even without riding. He is a dragon by birth. So he does not need to ride it to become one or to become a head.

Agreed. Because there are three dragons, and Dany can obviously only ride one at a time, Rhaegar's prophecy that the dragon must have three heads has led to all kinds of fan speculation about the identity of the other two dragon riders. Dany detractors and haters take it one step further, assume she's canon fodder or evil, and then speculate on the real three riders of the dragons this girl hatched.

It is ridiculous. On another thread, there are people seriously speculating that Jon, Arya, and Bran are the real three heads of the dragon. I have to think they're being needlessly provocative, for certainly no one who's read all five books of ASOIAF published thus far would ever come to such a conclusion. 

Be nice if Team World War Stark would simmer it down... just a bit...

You're so right.  Say it, Liz.  :)

I do not agree with the OP's reasoning. Valyrian blood in the Stark line through the alledged relationship of a bastard daughter with Jacerys, only brought up in the World book as a rumor and nothing else, no clue whatsoever in the main series, that would be an ass pull of the worst kind IMO. But, there is a lot of ground work for Bran controlling one via skinchanging and as a matter of fact I believe this is actually going to happen, for one of the two riderless dragons.

I do not see Arya riding one, mainly because it would render her training, and by extention a big part of her arc, completely useless.

^ I agree.

Archived