What if the Mountain had killed Loras?

Brannis the Mannis

Or what if Ned sent Loras to root him out of his keep and he gets slain/brotherhood? One of the stupidiest moves by Ned, I even think that someone like Varys told him tgat he should have used him to get Tyrells on his side.

The Mountain would have still lost his head the day Tywin and Mace decided to join houses

If Loras had been slayed at the tournament, Renly would demand an instant execution for the Mountain. And the other Tyrells would start loathing Lannisters and they would never side with them.

Sure, Joffrey may be king and Mace wants Marge to be a queen, but Joffrey is not the only king.

If Loras had been slayed at the tournament, Renly would demand an instant execution for the Mountain. And the other Tyrells would start loathing Lannisters and they would never side with them.

Why would they loathe Lannisters when a Clegane killed Loras in a Tourney?

Would they loathe Renly or the Arryns if one of their bannermen killed Loras in a tourney?

They would loathe the Lannisters if Tywin had done what he did about Elia's children: deny the whole thing and never give Loras justice. In war times, your behaviour can be hidden: "I didn't know, I wasn't there, it wasn't me"; but here we would have a Westerland Lord (because he IS a Lord) murdering another Lord's heir for no given reason except he was mad that such guy defeat him. The Tyrells would demand justice from Tywin and Tywin wouldn't have a reasonable excuse.

Archived