NFL Wild Card Round: Browns picked to finish last in AL Central in 2016.

Joe Pesci

I'm sorry, I don't buy this defense. There are a ton of young players in the NFL right now that do everything the right way. Do you see Blake Bortles partying? Derek Carr? Teddy Bridgewater? Did you see Matthew Stafford constantly out when he entered the NFL at age 20? What about Andrew Luck? Russell Wilson? Kurt Cousins? These are just QB examples, we can find countless more if we looked to other positions.

When you enter the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, your right to be a typical 22 year old goes away. You're getting millions of dollars to work your ass off for the team, the fans and the game. This is not like me coming out of college and getting a job paying 50k a year. I was not required to spend my evenings studying a playbook to ensure I knew every play, coverage and check like the back of my hand. I was not required to spend hours carving my body to ensure it could handle the stress of getting hit weekly. I was not required to lead a group of grown ass men or become the savior of a franchise. I didn't have 60 thousand fans spending $150 a ticket to watch me play on a weekly basis. The Browns took a chance on Manziel and he showed a severe lack of respect to the team and the fan base. I have zero patience for the "he's 22, let him mature" defense because as we've seen time and time again, those players who don't have the work ethic or the desire to mature quickly don't end up lasting very long. And it's sad.

Take those statistics of players not partying and put them into other jobs that a 22 year old has. Let's see what % is missing work for brown bottle flu or stupid decisions.

I have been in manufacturing management for 20 years and can't tell you how many people have lost their jobs for partying and poor decisions. It's not a Manziel thing only is my point. It's just that he is in the NFL and the spotlight is on him. Most people would kill to be in his position. On the same hand, I have seen many regular people lose jobs making 70,000 a year with no education, because partying and such.

Archived