NFL Wild Card Round: Browns picked to finish last in AL Central in 2016.

Joe Pesci

Marvin Lewis is such a pussy. Why does he always have to take a knee at the end of the half?

Uh cause he had 35 seconds left, Bengals get ball in 2nd half and McCarron hasn't completed one pass beyond 5 yards all game? Smartest play all game.

Marvin Lewis is such a pussy. Why does he always have to take a knee at the end of the half?

Generally I hate that too. But with the way McCarron is playing could be disastrous.

Still a chance to come out as a new team in the 2nd half. It's still only a one score game. 

Generally I hate that too. But with the way McCarron is playing could be disastrous.

Still a chance to come out as a new team in the 2nd half. It's still only a one score game. 

It's been a one score every playoff game then a blowout in 2nd.

Uh cause he had 35 seconds left, Bengals get ball in 2nd half and McCarron hasn't completed one pass beyond 5 yards all game? Smartest play all game.

He does it all the time. He plays not to lose, instead of trying to go out and win. Been his MO entire time he's been here. 

35 seconds with a timeout is enough for a FG.

Well, I don't like using the 'he's young" defense, since I'm turning 25 in two months, and haven't ever done anything like Manziel.  I just think that, throwing Griffin's first year out, Manziel has shown more ability on the field.  I don't think Griffin has any real prayer of becoming an NFL QB, while Manziel did okay given his supporting cast toward the end of this year.  

Like I said, I for sure want another talent in the pipeline if you take him, and I'd rather them grab a guy like Crapernick over Manziel.  But between Manziel and RGIII, give me Manziel.

Therein lies the problem. He's made it pretty clear that he'll be more than willing to be late or completely miss team activities for the sake of partying. Just with this most recent incident, as part of the concussion protocol he was required to show up at the team facility but he never did. A quick check of TMZ showed he was in Vegas (well, "Billy" Manziel was in Vegas). And that's not even getting into how doubtful it is that he even had a concussion in the first place. Bottom line, he's not willing to put in the work. When the going gets rough, JFF will meet you at the bar.

So no one else has missed work after partying huh? No one blew their job when they were 22 years old after staying up all night or whatever? 

Don't give me any yeah but he's in the NFL crap either. Your team where ever you work is counting on you to be there, someone else had to cover your job or do your share of the load when you missed. Your employer counts on you to be there too.

Also nice to see how people are doctors on here when it suits them. Not exactly fair to question whether he had a concussion or not, and really strange that this is questioned during a time when IDK a movie called Concussion is out?

Would I want him as a teammate, no, because I value commitment. We just need to pull back a little and let him grow up. If he doesn't, then nature will take course and he will be sitting at the bar with Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell in a few years. 

So no one else has missed work after partying huh? No one blew their job when they were 22 years old after staying up all night or whatever?

Of course not, I certainly did stuff like that when I was younger, but there were consequences just as there should be consequences for JFF. This is a repeated pattern of behavior that goes back to before he was even drafted. Being a QB in the NFL means being a leader, it means being the first guy in the room in the morning and the last to leave at night. It means showing up when you don't need to be there to watch extra film or just support your team. JFF has, so far, shown an unwillingness to do all of those things.

Also nice to see how people are doctors on here when it suits them. Not exactly fair to question whether he had a concussion or not, and really strange that this is questioned during a time when IDK a movie called Concussion is out?

That's why I feel kind of bad about it. You can't really question it, but why did it take until Wednesday for him to bring it up? And on the same day another video surfaces. That timing is just too suspicious. And if he really had a concussion, should he have been partying at all? And missing treatment? Maybe he can grow up and figure it out, but it certainly hasn't shown that capacity to this point.

Don't give me any yeah but he's in the NFL crap either. Your team where ever you work is counting on you to be there, someone else had to cover your job or do your share of the load when you missed. Your employer counts on you to be there too.

Would I want him as a teammate, no, because I value commitment. We just need to pull back a little and let him grow up. If he doesn't, then nature will take course and he will be sitting at the bar with Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell in a few years. 

I'm sorry, I don't buy this defense. There are a ton of young players in the NFL right now that do everything the right way. Do you see Blake Bortles partying? Derek Carr? Teddy Bridgewater? Did you see Matthew Stafford constantly out when he entered the NFL at age 20? What about Andrew Luck? Russell Wilson? Kurt Cousins? These are just QB examples, we can find countless more if we looked to other positions.

When you enter the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, your right to be a typical 22 year old goes away. You're getting millions of dollars to work your ass off for the team, the fans and the game. This is not like me coming out of college and getting a job paying 50k a year. I was not required to spend my evenings studying a playbook to ensure I knew every play, coverage and check like the back of my hand. I was not required to spend hours carving my body to ensure it could handle the stress of getting hit weekly. I was not required to lead a group of grown ass men or become the savior of a franchise. I didn't have 60 thousand fans spending $150 a ticket to watch me play on a weekly basis. The Browns took a chance on Manziel and he showed a severe lack of respect to the team and the fan base. I have zero patience for the "he's 22, let him mature" defense because as we've seen time and time again, those players who don't have the work ethic or the desire to mature quickly don't end up lasting very long. And it's sad.

Archived