NFL Wild Card Round: Browns picked to finish last in AL Central in 2016.

Joe Pesci

Joe Webb was arguably worse. At least Hoyer's passes are within the field of play to be picked.

Nah. That was bad, 11/30, 180 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int, 1 fumble lost but it wasn't 5 turnovers and an incredible amount of missed open receivers.

Joe Webb was arguably worse. At least Hoyer's passes are within the field of play to be picked.

I actually looked that one up because I also remember it being godwaful.

He went: 11/30 180 yards, 1 TD/1 INT and 9 carries for 68 yards. So he was really bad too but at least he put up 10 points. 

Ninja'd by Mexal. 

Ryan Lindley went 16/28 for 82 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 0.43 AY/A (!) in his playoff game last year.

Hoyer: 15/32 for 136 yards, 0 TDs, 4 INTs, 1 fumble lost 

So yeah this has to be the worst ever, right? Any other contenders? 

Jake Delhomme for whom The Jake Award is named for.

Versus the Cards in the 2008-2009 Divisional round he threw 5 picks (one at the goal line, another in the endzone) and a fumble...

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/09000d5d80e07dbc/printable/panthers-qb-delhomme-commits-six-turnovers-in-loss-to-cardinals

/Oh yeah, and the kicker? It was Delhomme's birthday.

Jake Delhomme for whom The Jake Award is named for.

Versus the Cards in the 2008-2009 Divisional round he threw 5 picks (one at the goal line, another in the endzone) and a fumble...

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/09000d5d80e07dbc/printable/panthers-qb-delhomme-commits-six-turnovers-in-loss-to-cardinals

He's definitely the patron saint of this category. 

But let me just point out that Hoyer the Destroyer is the only one of all the guys named who couldn't manage a single point. Even this guy did:

str-092110-lindley7.jpg

Which still feels like a miracle. When you're south of the Lindline in any category, that's worst ever in my book. 

I'm so ready and not ready for this. Roller coaster of emotions.

Justifiably. Even moreso the Saturday night game of WC weekend tends to be the wild one.

Looks like an awesome playoff atmosphere there. 

Well that's the first defensive delay of game I've ever seen in my life. 

Really? I've seen it a couple of times for kicking the ball or holding down receivers when they're trying to get back to the line.

Meanwhile, handing off to Jeremy Hill is a waste of a perfectly good down.

Archived