Do you think Tyrion will fall in love with Dany?

purple-eyes

38 minutes ago, Franklin VI said:

Tyrion is one horny dude.  It's going to be impossible not to fall in love with the most beautiful girl in the world.  One point to keep in mind.  Dany will get to marry many men.  More than three, as the prophecy never really limits her to three.  What is clear from the HotU is this:  Dany will end up having to kill three of her husbands.  Not because she wants to, but because she will have to.  She had to kill the brain-dead Drogo.  She will end up killing Victarion (grey lips smiling, etc.).  She will lastly end up killing Jon Snow.  Jon Snow will end up leading the army of ice and cause destruction.  Jon Snow will burn at the Trident.

If Tyrion falls in love with Dany and ends  up marrying her as one of her consorts, it will be a strong team.  I think this is a marriage likely to last.  Dany will most likely conquer the Dothraki, the Ghiscari, and the Westerosi.  She will birthed children from each ethnic group.

I agree on the multiple husbands interpretation.  The mistake people make is assuming she is limited to three.  With Hizdahr at number two, that only leaves room for one more.  I don't think so.  She will have three husbands at the same time.   I do not believe Jon Snow will be one.  He and Arya seems headed for a cursed union that will take them towards a very dark path.  I agree with you about Tyrion.  I think he just might be one.  He's the husband from Westeros.  Could be Jorah too.  Hizdahr is the Ghiscari husband.  One will come from among the Dothraki.  Dany is a citizen of the world.  It makes sense she will have husbands from each of the culture she rules. 

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well he certainly lost sleep over Septa Lemore :P 

Well he fancied her and she flirted back but I think it was kind of obvious that nothing was going to really happen there and he didn't actively try to pursue it either.  I think he needs time to heal before he can be with someone again.

3 hours ago, ChillyPolly said:

Well ... he might want to have sex with her.  He might want her to love him.  He might feel very sorry for himself if she doesn't love him.

But I'm a bit tired of that schtick.  I think he has progressed to "I hate the world and want to kill and rape everybody."  I think this full-blown villainy will continue until somebody takes him down.  I don't want to wallow in his self-pity any more.

I think by the end of ADWD he was a lot less furious and deranged than he had been at the beginning of the book.  However I am certain that he is hatching some evil revenge plan and at the moment he needs Dany's power behind him.  I am not certain what his plan is but is probably elaborated and not very nice but Dany is not the intended victim, although it could end up suffering some kind of "collateral damage" and yes he could be one of the betrayers but I doubt is because he might find her attractive.  Whatever he is hatching though I think could end up in two ways:  1.  He progresses as a person, heals somehow a little and realises it's not worth throwing your life away over revenge, plus Cersei & co will already have been dealt with or on the way by the time he can return to Westeros.  One thing I found foreshadowing for this is how Oberyn was winning and because he was so intent on fulfilling his revenge he ended up dead.  Tyrion should not forget that.  So option 1 is that he gives up on the revenge before he carries it out or 2.  He does actually carry it out and the damage is greater to others (including innocents) than he anticipated and totally, totally regrets having done it but I think either way he will redeem himself before the very end of the story.

Overall, my bet is no.  Undoubtedly she is a beautiful woman and hey, yes he seems to have a high sex drive but he is definitely not her type and he is not stupid, especially as he cannot afford to come out of her good books, especially after what happened to Jorah, although okay she didn't exile him for fancying her but still.  I think Danny like physically strong men, judging by Drogo and Daario.  He was very stupid with Shae and couldn't see through her but he is not going to allow himself to fall for someone he needs politically.  He is more interested in the game of thrones than anything else at the moment, if I am reading this right.

The most than I can see, and at a stretch would be a little harmless verbal flirtation on his part but no way he is going to risk her displeasure and he has been rejected all his life so he pretty much know that any advances on his part would end up in further rejection.

I am sure he will admire her and, since she is not his target in terms of revenge, I think he will be fond of her and even protective as a person.  Her altruism will remind him of himself before the escape/murders fiasco and how he tried his best when he was Acting Hand etc but he also knows how that ended both for him and Ned and Arryn so I think his advice to her will be that he cannot win against all these powerful slavers and to give it up and get herself to Westeros.  Okay, this might not be totally altruistic on his part but out of self-interest but I would be inclined to give this advice myself.  Admirable as her intentions are, she cannot conquer a city, improve the rights of the oppressed considerably and move on because either the victims become perpetrators (Astapor) or the rich will plot and plot until you die, especially as she keeps moving from one place to the next but I am digressing lol

Now as for his love for Tysha being an obstacle, I don't think so at this stage if he had a hope in hell with someone he had fallen for.  I am almost certain that he will learn what happened to hear and that it won't be nice.  I think she is dead (despite the Sailor's Wife theory) but if not too much time has passed and I really don't think it could work, not just because of the time but because she would have completely moved on if she is alive.  This sort of Disney ending is not very George.

On 19/01/2016 at 3:33 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

He knows it, but we don't get to choose who we love. It comes naturally, but wouldn't rule it out Missandei/Tyrion thing going on.

Even if it happens in the show as they cut Penny out definitely not in the books IMHO.  But even for the show the two characters are not really interchangeable (Penny and Misandei).  Penny is someone so naive that it is painful to see, very, very infantile for her age in a very sweet way but also rather irritating.  Misandei is very, very smart for her age; they are like cheese and chalk.  Now because they are both smart Misandei and Tyrion might develop a certain rapport but not romantically either.

Yes, Tyrion will fall in love with Dany.  He will have great affection for her.  But it won't be the sexual kind.  Tyrion will finally find a monarch who is truly worthy of serving.  Just like Jorah, he will find purpose helping Dany  continue her work to free slaver's bay and Volantis.   

2 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

I agree on the multiple husbands interpretation.  The mistake people make is assuming she is limited to three.  With Hizdahr at number two, that only leaves room for one more.  I don't think so.  She will have three husbands at the same time.   I do not believe Jon Snow will be one.  He and Arya seems headed for a cursed union that will take them towards a very dark path.  I agree with you about Tyrion.  I think he just might be one.  He's the husband from Westeros.  Could be Jorah too.  Hizdahr is the Ghiscari husband.  One will come from among the Dothraki.  Dany is a citizen of the world.  It makes sense she will have husbands from each of the culture she rules. 

Sorry guys, I seem to have forgotten about these 3 husbands prophecy?  Any pointers as to which book it is in. I would love to re-read it paying more attention.  The symbolic elements often befuddle me :(

27 minutes ago, Heavy D said:

Yes, Tyrion will fall in love with Dany.  He will have great affection for her.  But it won't be the sexual kind.  Tyrion will finally find a monarch who is truly worthy of serving.  Just like Jorah, he will find purpose helping Dany  continue her work to free slaver's bay and Volantis.   

Oh, I think Tyrion will admire her and very possibly fancy her but he would keep the fancying her aspect secret or at least he won't come onto her.  Now, I really wish that she could successfully free Slavers' Bay from all these abhorrent customs but I just cannot see her being able to keep the peace in such a large territory with only the support of the poor and I don't believe any character will get all their wishes granted so I think she might have to give up in the end, restore some order and hope for the best.  I feel that the whole point of the series (even the title) involves the dragons -v- The Others or something and for that to happen she needs to move into Westeros.  I have to confess, however, that I am really itching for her to do so.  Don't get me wrong the work she is trying to do is admirable indeed but I am getting a little bored with this:  conquest / upheaval / apparent victory / more upheaval in Essos but that could just be because I am getting terribly confused with a lot of the local noble names and identities and what not lol (not the most altruistic of reasons on my part... I know :blush:)

9 hours ago, ShadowCat Rivers said:

Well, you nailed it!

I think this is exactly the kind of desire he will develop for Dany.

The difference here is that Septa Lemore teased him back quite merrily and Dany is probably more likely to send him packing back to Westeros to his own peril if he is not careful lol

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 1:16 AM, Franklin VI said:

Tyrion is one horny dude.  It's going to be impossible not to fall in love with the most beautiful girl in the world.  One point to keep in mind.  Dany will get to marry many men.  More than three, as the prophecy never really limits her to three.  What is clear from the HotU is this:  Dany will end up having to kill three of her husbands.  Not because she wants to, but because she will have to.  She had to kill the brain-dead Drogo.  She will end up killing Victarion (grey lips smiling, etc.).  She will lastly end up killing Jon Snow.  Jon Snow will end up leading the army of ice and cause destruction.  Jon Snow will burn at the Trident.

If Tyrion falls in love with Dany and ends  up marrying her as one of her consorts, it will be a strong team.  I think this is a marriage likely to last.  Dany will most likely conquer the Dothraki, the Ghiscari, and the Westerosi.  She will birthed children from each ethnic group.

Being horny and falling in love are two different things.  Tyrion has an eye for the ladies but he has only loved twice in his life - the first an innocent trusting childhood romance with Tysha where he dared to believe he could be loved for who he is, and the second with Shae where he was more cautious and realistic but ultimately let himself believe what he desperately wanted to.  Neither of these was a high status or formidable woman.  His thought when Tywin proposed Sansa Stark was that he felt like he was back on the bridge of ships again, i.e. he is aware that she is out of his league and feels insecure: he knows it a disaster in the making.  He is currently damaged and cynical and the last thing likely is that he will blunder into another car crash of an entirely one-way emotional relationship with the alpha female who won't spare him a second glance or thought.  He may as well be Strong Belwas or Stalwart Shield or Barristan for all Dany cares and he and every other person alive will know it.

Tyrion is honestly better off with Penny and if she wasn't introduced to make him ultimately realise this I have no clue why he wrote her into the story.

Dany will almost certainly marry again - Hizdahr is of course a temporary stop gap for Meereen only - but she might be better off keeping suitors hopeful (not to propose a Lysa Arryn flirtation) and seeing where the better options are rather than tying herself down too soon.  I don't think she needs to go on a wedding spree or have a competition with Walder Frey on the number of spouses she can marry.

Not very likely. Instead, Tyrion could be the adviser Dany needs so badly: One that is NOT in love with her, sees her flaws and tries to teach her. She is a terrible politician, not capable of thinking about the long-term-consequences of her actions. But maybe she can still learn something.

On 19.1.2016 at 10:53 PM, Woman of War said:

it is possible that Tyrion might be Dany's betrayal for love:

Tyrion's love for Jaime. He will free his brother when Dany intends to kill Jaime.

That would be great!

Well, given his history to be attracted to pretty much every somewhat nice looking woman (or child, see twelve year old Sansa and their wedding night), he is most probably going to lust after her, at least. Whether he is going to fall in love... well, he has some serious complexes regarding love and all that, so... possibly?

I don't see them ending up together, though, because he's really not Dany's type.

Archived