Jojen Paste

Lost Melnibonean

6 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

But Jojen had moss colored eyes, not just green eyes. 

Maybe that is the bogman version of pink eye? 

I need more. That ain't enough. That's a varying degree of green just like the Starks had various shades of grey and the Targaryen had various shades of purple. If his eye color meant something then chances are that it would be described as a color of something more powerful, like "absinthe green", but not absinthe itself but an equivalent like that. 

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Maybe that is the bogman version of pink eye? 

I need more. That ain't enough. That's a varying degree of green just like the Starks had various shades of grey and the Targaryen had various shades of purple. If his eye color meant something then chances are that it would be described as a color of something more powerful, like "absinthe green", but not absinthe itself but an equivalent like that. 

It's Bloodraven who tells us that moss-colored eyes are a sign of the greensight...

Those you call the children of the forest have eyes as golden as the sun, but once in a great while one is born amongst them with eyes as red as blood, or green as the moss on a tree in the heart of the forest. By these signs do the gods mark those they have chosen to receive the gift. The chosen ones are not robust, and their quick years upon the earth are few, for every song must have its balance. But once inside the wood they linger long indeed. A thousand eyes, a hundred skins, wisdom deep as the roots of ancient trees. Greenseers.

8 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

It's Bloodraven who tells us that moss-colored eyes are a sign of the greensight...

Ok. Yes, yes. I forgot about that detail. 

Sorry. Havnt had coffee yet and I should know better by now than to post without gods nectar. 

I am now remembering that when Arya is with Gendry and the BWB (I think) she looks to the moss in the trees to help guide her direction. I remember something was weird about the trees and moss. Could this be another of the "thousand eyes", or did I put another crack in my pot? 

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Ok. Yes, yes. I forgot about that detail. 

Sorry. Havnt had coffee yet and I should know better by now than to post without gods nectar. 

I am now remembering that when Arya is with Gendry and the BWB (I think) she looks to the moss in the trees to help guide her direction. I remember something was weird about the trees and moss. Could this be another of the "thousand eyes", or did I put another crack in my pot? 

The problem with the moss on the trees is that it's on the wrong side. 

"Do you know where we're going?" Gendry asked her.

"North," said Arya.

Hot Pie peered around uncertainly. "Which way is north?"

She used her cheese to point. "That way."

"But there's no sun. How do you know?"

"From the moss. See how it grows mostly on one side of the trees? That's south."

Arya I, Storm

Moss generally grows on the north side of trees, away from sunslight, in the northern hemisphere and on the south side in the southern hemisphere. But Arya, who must be in a northern hemisphere given the artic conditions to what she and everyone else define as north and tropical conditions to what they define as south, says moss grows on the south. 

19 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

So, the ghost of High Heart must have herself a little weirwood nest under the hill, eh?

I don't know if she has a nest but Thoros did tell Arya the weirwoods whisper in the Ghost of High Heart's ear when she sleeps. Was there something written about the little old lady was thought to be one of the CotF? Maybe that's why she is so old. :dunno:

2 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I don't know if she has a nest but Thoros did tell Arya the weirwoods whisper in the Ghost of High Heart's ear when she sleeps. Was there something written about the little old lady was thought to be one of the CotF? Maybe that's why she is so old. :dunno:

She doesn't fit the description of a singer. 

8 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Agreed.  The children of the forest are not just short humans, they are a separate species with huge catlike eyes that have vertical slits for pupils, nut brown skin dappled with pale spots and hands with three fingers and a thumb and black claws instead of fingernails.  Only GRRM knows how inter-species breading works on GRRth but it is possible that the Ghost of High Heart has some blood of the Children coursing through her veins. 

14 minutes ago, White Ravens said:

Agreed.  The children of the forest are not just short humans, they are a separate species with huge catlike eyes that have vertical slits for pupils, nut brown skin dappled with pale spots and hands with three fingers and a thumb and black claws instead of fingernails.  Only GRRM knows how inter-species breading works on GRRth but it is possible that the Ghost of High Heart has some blood of the Children coursing through her veins. 

Very possible. 

46 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Yeah, guess you are correct. Ghost of High Heart can’t be a CotF; she seems to be a woods witch and a dwarf.

3 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Was there something written about the little old lady was thought to be one of the CotF?

Barristan says to Daenerys:

“Why did they wed if they did not love each other?”

"Your grand-sire commanded it. A woods witch had told him that the prince was promised would be born of their line." 

"A woods witch?" Dany was astonished.

"She came to court with Jenny of Oldstones. A stunted thing, grotesque to look upon. A dwarf, most people said, though dear to Lady Jenny, who always claimed that she was one of the children of the forest."

“What became of her?”

" Summerhall." The word was fraught with doom.

Dany sighed. "Leave me now. I am very weary."

10 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Yeah, guess you are correct. Ghost of High Heart can’t be a CotF; she seems to be a woods witch and a dwarf.

Barristan says to Daenerys:

“Why did they wed if they did not love each other?”

"Your grand-sire commanded it. A woods witch had told him that the prince was promised would be born of their line." 

"A woods witch?" Dany was astonished.

"She came to court with Jenny of Oldstones. A stunted thing, grotesque to look upon. A dwarf, most people said, though dear to Lady Jenny, who always claimed that she was one of the children of the forest."

“What became of her?”

" Summerhall." The word was fraught with doom.

Dany sighed. "Leave me now. I am very weary."

She fits the description of a greenseer, told to us by Bloodraven, to a T. 

I dunna know LM, it's all verra confusing to me. BR is supposed to be the last greenseer. BR tells Bran his blood makes him a greenseer. What happened at Summerhall that this dwarf woods witch saw? Why does Thoros say the weirwoods whisper in the old woman's ear while she is sleeping. :wub:

edited to include:

What's the possibility that Jojen has envisioned his father’s death and that he [Jojen] is sad about his fate of returning to GW to take his father's place a Lord?

3 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I dunna know LM, it's all verra confusing to me. BR is supposed to be the last greenseer. BR tells Bran his blood makes him a greenseer. What happened at Summerhall that this dwarf woods witch saw? Why does Thoros say the weirwoods whisper in the old woman's ear while she is sleeping. :wub:

edited to include:

What's the possibility that Jojen has envisioned his father’s death and that he [Jojen] is sad about his fate of returning to GW to take his father's place a Lord?

Jojen does not talk about the day his father dies...

19 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Jojen does not talk about the day his father dies...

I agree.

I’m probably going about this the wrong way but here goes.  In CoK is the first time Jojen says, “This is not the day I die.”(p333 pb)

Meera says Jojen has greensight. They tell Bran he should leave WF. (p435 pb)

Jojen makes Bran angry and the wolves get upset. Jojen says, “There is no need. Today is not the day I die.” (p439 pb)

Jojen’s dreams are not literal. “The green dreams take strange shapes sometimes,” he admitted. “The truth of them is not always easy to understand.” (p521 pb)

The sea comes to WF -- turns out to mean the Ironborn (Theon) attack WF. (p522 pb)

“You [Bran] and your brother lay dead at his feet, and he was skinning off your faces with a long blade.” (p526 pb) -- turns out to mean that the miller boys were killed in place of Bran & Rickon.

Bran, Jojen & Meera talk about how to keep this flaying from happening.

Jojen says, I couldn’t see why, but I saw the end of it. I saw you and Rickon in your crypts, down in the dark with all the dead kings and their stone wolves -- turns out to mean that they all hide in the crypts. (p526 pb)

The chapter ends with, “The dream was green, Bran, and green dreams do not lie.” (p527 pb)

Yet prior to that Jojen said, “The green dreams take strange shapes sometimes,” he admitted. “The truth of them is not always easy to understand.” (p521 pb)

Jojen starts getting weaker after the troupe are north of the wall. They are down to eating acorn paste and Jojen smiled a wan smile. “This is not the day I die, sister. I promise you. (DwD p66 hb)

A curious thing turns up when they are trying to get into the cave Meera asks if it is the only way into the cave to which Coldhands replies there a back door three leagues north and down a sink hole. (p169 hb)

Once inside the cave Jojen when he saw the fire he smiled and said, “I had the strangest dream.” I’m guessing but Jojen was pretty much a sack of potatoes while everyone was fighting their way up the hill to get into the safety of the cave, yet when he feels the warmth of the fire he awakes. Does that strange dream mean vaguely remembering the struggle to get to the cave or does it mean he has awakened from another of his green dreams.

At some point Jojen says, “My task was to get you [Bran] here. My part is done.” Implies to me that Jojen does not turn into paste enhancer.

Meera says, “He wants to go home. He will not even try to fight his fate. He says green dreams do not lie". Well green dreams may not lie but, “The green dreams take strange shapes sometimes,” he admitted. “The truth of them is not always easy to understand.” (CoK p521 pb)

What is Jojen’s green dream fate?  Is it to crawl off and die to become red veins in weirwood paste or is there actually more that Jojen will be required to do?

Thoughts and comment would be appreciated by any and all.

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2016 at 4:00 PM, Clegane'sPup said:

What is Jojen’s green dream fate?  Is it to crawl off and die to become red veins in weirwood paste or is there actually more that Jojen will be required to do?

Thoughts and comment would be appreciated by any and all.

I'm gonna go with die to become red veins in Bran's weirwood paste. I mean, he wasn't around singing Sweet Caroline when Bran wed the tree, was he? 

3 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I'm gonna go with die to become red veins in Bran's weirwood paste. I mean, he wasn't around singing Sweet Caroline when Bran wed the tree, was he? 

Sounds good to me. Jojen paste will live forever and ever. The red sap the weirwoods leak means nothing, nada, nil, zero, zilch.:mellow:

18 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Sounds good to me. Jojen paste will live forever and ever. The red sap the weirwoods leak means nothing, nada, nil, zero, zilch.:mellow:

Heck, I would say it's a hint at Jojen paste and blood sacrifice. ;)

2 minutes ago, dRagonese said:

Jojen is part of that paste and I believe anyone who disagrees is a bolton sympathizing lizard lion

I would expect lizard lions, being from the Neck, to be unfriendly toward Boltons, no? 

12 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I would expect lizard lions, being from the Neck, to be unfriendly toward Boltons, no? 

exactly. So not only does everyone hate you cuz your a lizard lion but your own kind despise you for your Bolton sympathy 

41 minutes ago, dRagonese said:

exactly. So not only does everyone hate you cuz your a lizard lion but your own kind despise you for your Bolton sympathy 

Nice. Take that you Bolton-loving, Jojen paste-denying, lizard lions.

Archived