The Women of House Crane

House Crane

13 hours ago, Blind Beth the Cat Lady said:

Oh, I don't think only Stark men have been skinchangers. GRRMhas said all the stark kids are--Arya obviously is--and I think we have implications that Lyanna had the potential. Just saying that the history/lore of the house only pertains to the lords and Kings of Winter. 

Right. There were those early scenes in aGot where Sansa was mirroring Lady when she walked in a circle three times before laying down to bed, and when she, uh "made water" in the floor rushes to make it her own chamber. 

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 0:19 AM, Daena the Defiant said:

Right. There were those early scenes in aGot where Sansa was mirroring Lady when she walked in a circle three times before laying down to bed, and when she, uh "made water" in the floor rushes to make it her own chamber. 

What chapter was this?

On 23-3-2016 at 7:00 PM, StarkofWinterfell said:

I believe Ned broke from tradition by burying Lyanna down there, Brandon was briefly Lord so thus has a tomb. Lyanna is the only woman buried in the crypts.

In the crypt chapter of Ned and Robert it is mentioned how the empty tombs for ALL of Ned's CHILDREN are readied already, waiting - children, not "sons". Nobody ever claims it's weird that a woman was buried in the crypts; they only say that those who get statues are Lords, and that Lyanna's statue is an exception. It's a family crypt where the Starks of Winterfell are buried - the daughters, the sons, the brothers, the sisters. But only the Lords traditionally get statues. The rest are interred in nameless and faceless tombs.

4 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

In the crypt chapter of Ned and Robert it is mentioned how the empty tombs for ALL of Ned's CHILDREN are readied already, waiting - children, not "sons". Nobody ever claims it's weird that a woman was buried in the crypts; they only say that those who get statues are Lords, and that Lyanna's statue is an exception. It's a family crypt where the Starks of Winterfell are buried - the daughters, the sons, the brothers, the sisters. But only the Lords traditionally get statues. The rest are interred in nameless and faceless tombs.

Perhaps I should have clarified then for you that she's the only one to get a statue.

1 hour ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Perhaps I should have clarified then for you that she's the only one to get a statue.

There is a difference between buried and getting a statue, yes. :) Many assume that only lords are buried in the crypts, but not the non-lords and certainly not the women, but the text only speaks of the statue not conforming tradition, and use this erronuos assumption to form theories about the crypts. That is the reason why I point out the difference.

Archived