GRRM unintenionally reveal Daenerys has no chance?

WenchofTarth

2 minutes ago, watcher of the night said:

King of the North, King of Winter. Robb made him in his will. As long as there are people loyal to the Starks Jon is the rightful king.

Till George confirms it too.

2 minutes ago, watcher of the night said:

He already confirmed it. He wrote it. We know the will and the we know the content of the will. There is no need for any other confirmation.

Where or have I missed anything?

4 minutes ago, Beorn Snow said:

Plenty of historical Daeneryses, the one married to a prince of Dorne, Dany the dreamer. It´s an important name.

Agree, I thought GRRM said "In Westeros they can all be named Aegon and Daenrys" which would confirm she wins in the end.

4 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Well Dany dying has had a lot of foreshadowing

And Jon Snow has a lot of foreshadowing as living...

If history of the name predicts success, then Dany will definitely succeed at doing something very catalytic but will not be Queen of Westeros. Which IMO fits with all her other foreshadowing.

Daenys (who seems to have originated the root of her name) saved all the Targs from destruction in the Doom. The first Daenarys ended generations of bloodshed between Dorne and the Targs with her marriage. Also had a penchant for breaking down class systems, i.e. letting all the kids into the water gardens. So I think this Daenerys will do something similarly game-changing but not ever be Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. 

She may also die before the end. But so might everyone.

Actually I think the final epilog will be Gilly's baby as an old man on his death bed, thinking about what's happened since the last chapter and how everything has been pretty peaceful lately and he's had a good life. Chapter ends as he exhales his last breath and enters his second life in his beloved...something. Wildcat or bear or wolf or something.

So that way all the series characters die by the end but it's not totally depressing. :-P

One thing that concerns me is the suspicion that the introduction of Aegon was meant (at least partially) as a "what if" scenario by GRRM for what would happen if a Targaryen did try to conquer the seven kingdoms in the novels, in which case it'd imply that Dany will never invade herself i.e. I'm worried that Aegon's invasion is meant to satisfy those waiting for an invasion of Dany's which won't happen.

Of course, this is just speculation. 

23 hours ago, Stag_legion said:

But they would need to be legitimized and it would be in no one's interested to do that. Stannis would have needed to legitimize them before he died.

Also right now GOT is only promoting house Lanister, Targaryen and Stark. House Baratheon is gone in D&D's universe.

I think the only way the Baratheons return to the IT is if it is Stannis. I think there is at most a 5% chance this will happen. I don't worry about what the show is doing. It does make me sad though that House Baratheon is extinct in the show.

58 minutes ago, bent branch said:

I think the only way the Baratheons return to the IT is if it is Stannis. I think there is at most a 5% chance this will happen. I don't worry about what the show is doing. It does make me sad though that House Baratheon is extinct in the show.

Well, Gendry is still alive, and he is a close personal friend of Arya, who is related to a few people who might be able to get him legitimised depending which way the story goes (Jon, Sansa, Rickon... possibly Bran), so don't count house Baratheon out yet.

But GRRM is stating in the video that Daeneryses and Aegons are the equivalents to the "Henrys". How can you possibly interpret this as Daenerys is likelier to fail when her name is not an outlier in the setting ie Not a "Eustace". This increases her chances (not that I believe it has any signicifance at all, but still) not decreases them if this is to be trusted. The "Eustaces" in this case is more likely Stannis (anyone in the series or supplement books with the same name. Anyone? And no - Davos son doesn´t count, he was named after him) or maybe Jon.

8 hours ago, HoboJed said:

Well, Gendry is still alive, and he is a close personal friend of Arya, who is related to a few people who might be able to get him legitimised depending which way the story goes (Jon, Sansa, Rickon... possibly Bran), so don't count house Baratheon out yet.

Only Varys and Stannis knows that Gendry is the son of robert. Ned, Jon arryn are dead

I don't think gendry will become lord or regognised as roberts son.

Maybe Edrick Storm since he is acknowleged.

9 hours ago, bent branch said:

or Tommen, but hes only a baratheon in name, a false stag

On 4/2/2016 at 5:36 AM, Arry'sFleas said:

My guess is that GRRM used a dynastic kings name to give Aegon some street cred. As for Daenerys, she has already proclaimed herself queen of Westeros; in the Targaryen line she would be the first queen to rule. But ruling Westeros is not necessarily a sign of success.

More than street cred to me and it would be quite the trolling of established characters if an unknown suddenly pops up and topples all the primary contenders.  Is rather amusing actually.

15 hours ago, WenchofTarth said:

More than street cred to me and it would be quite the trolling of established characters if an unknown suddenly pops up and topples all the primary contenders.  Is rather amusing actually.

well Aegon VI did turn up only in the last book and really out of left field. I can't see another as yet unknown Targ repeating the same feat. One of the Baratheons perhaps Edric. But eventually it could be anyone powerful enough to just take over, certainly Little Finger 'wants it all'!

Archived