Arya's Storyline

In the books, the parallel trainings of Bran, Sansa, and Arya work really well but in the show they have abandoned this by skipping Bran in season 5 and dropping The Vale plot for Sansa to become fArya.  So this got me thinking - why not drop the isolated Braavos plot?  It hasn't been special, esp. assuming she has no other importance to Game of Thrones other than killing off a major character in the right moment.  Her training is a lot of fluff setup for this one moment.  Arya's story is basically 2 things 1) The List and 2) Her Stark identity

Would the show have been better off giving Arya a complete re-imagining post Season 4? Let her join the rest of the cast?  Bear with me, my idea is to have let Arya herself, than Sansa, become fArya for Ramsay.  What would happen is that Littlefinger finds this random girl (he doesn't know it's the actual Arya) for the Boltons and none of them know it's really her.  They are all playing along.  Arya would internally wrestle with playing "No One" but be tempted by her Stark identity, as she is back in Winterfell.  She would be treated horribly but when no one is watching she would set up Frey Pies and also essentially be the Ghost of Winterfell.  (like Jaqen was the Ghost of Harrenhal) Now whether or not she is raped before she escapes, I dunno, but she does have as much plot armor as Tyrion and Dany, which doesn't feel right in this show..a kid character traveling on her own.  There should be suspense for her survival.

Oh and she would be the one reuniting with Jon tonight lol.

I disagree they worked well in the books.  I personally thought they were filler.  We see little of Bran's training because it would be too revealing I guess.

But I agree they could've cut it in the show.  I think Arya should've been cut in the books too.  It would have been far more shocking and rewarding for her just to re-show up as a bad ass.  Seeing the training take place removes a lot of the mystery.

I don't think there'd be any plotholes bigger than what's already on the show - hence my whole idea. I would emphasize her not immediately stabbing Ramsay as her ultimate test of playing "No One."  Her being the Cat in the Canals, waiting to strike at the right moment.  From what I understand, Arya is impulsive, but she is not stupid.

Also she's largely avoided having to play the role of a lady.  It would be interesting to see her wrestle with that.

I may have made this thread too early, as the ties between the FM/Oldtown/Iron Bank may have some major pay offs later that are impossible to guess at this point and Arya could be involved with all that.  We will see.

I completely disagree. Arya's story is at least as interesting as anyone elses. Much more interesting than most. Skipping it and having her somehow become a faceless in no time would be the singularity of plot holes.

If the storylines aren't connected to the main points of interest in the show, the storylines aren't all that interesting - Dany and Arya have both suffered because of this. 

They may be doing some cool things, but because they are so far removed from the places and stories we care about right now (Winterfell, The Wall, maybe even King's Landing), it just doesn't feel worth investing into their stories right now.

Dany's whole unburnt part 2 thing? Cool, but she's just managed to pick up a bunch more people to help her win over a bunch of cities we dont really care about. 

Arya's training? Cool, but utterly meaningless if she isn't using it in cool ways and somehow managing to come back to Westeros. (Next week it looks like more of the A GIRL, A GIRL, A MAN, A MAN boringness with Sexy Jesus). 

Arya's my ultimate fave but her storyline has been a drag in the books after Storm. She's probably the character who's suffered the most from the lack of the 5 year gap. 

Anyway, I dig OP's idea. It probably would've worked better than Sansa in Winterfell anyway, and there's only so much Daredevil training I can stomach. 

they don't need fake Arya, Ramsay is already dead and they need Sansa for the North remembers story line to suport Jon snow vs Boltons.

plus they need Arya to become faceless man. Remember "who are you ?/ I am no one"

in the end Arya become Tommen, then she gonna kill Cercei and revealing herself : "who are you?/ I am Arya Stark. Ultimately  many face god will punish Arya, someone going to kill her like Jaimie, Margery or Ser Gregor.Revenge consumes you

Archived