Lyanna Mormont descended from Stark/Baratheon?

It may seem overly simplistic to suggest Lyanna (dark of hair) Mormont may in someway be descended from Robert/Lyanna but there must be a reason she has been introduced to the show. I may be wrong but the Mormonts are fair of hair and the girl has the pluckiness of dear old King Robert. Maybe she was sent to Bear Island to be looked after for some reason.

1 hour ago, Steve Humphreys said:

It may seem overly simplistic to suggest Lyanna (dark of hair) Mormont may in someway be descended from Robert/Lyanna but there must be a reason she has been introduced to the show. I may be wrong but the Mormonts are fair of hair and the girl has the pluckiness of dear old King Robert. Maybe she was sent to Bear Island to be looked after for some reason.

no

6 hours ago, Steve Humphreys said:

And then they made her head of the family for some other . . . reason?

7 hours ago, Steve Humphreys said:

The show Mormonts seem to be dark of hair. Maege, sassy Lyanna's mother, had dark hair. 

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Maege_Mormont

It is known that:

Dark hair = Baratheon

Blonde = Lannister

Platinum = Targ

Redheads = Tully

God, how can they cast anyone in this show?

I guess Jon is clearly a Baratheon, Lollys Stokeworth  and Baby Sam are Lannisters and Mel is a Tully, right? 

10 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

The show Mormonts seem to be dark of hair. Maege, sassy Lyanna's mother, had dark hair. 

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Maege_Mormont

She was a Baratheon too!

Was Robert also the 3 eyed raven and went to the past to fuck her mother? Mind blown!

Does that turn Robert into a kinslayer for wanting to kill Jorah, or did he wanted to kill Danny? We have to think about that!

Just now, Valetudo said:

She was a Baratheon too!

Was Robert also the 3 eyed raven and went to the past to fuck her mother? Mind blown!

Does that turn Robert into a kinslayer for wanting to kill Jorah? We have to think about that!

How very "inceptiony", to use a quote from an actor regarding this season. 

I take your points re hair colour guys. I was just thinking the Mormonts have played big roles in the Stark/Barratheon storyline. The Commander taking Jon Snow under his wing and his son initially spying on Danny for the king. Thinking was never one of my strong points!

22 minutes ago, Steve Humphreys said:

I take your points re hair colour guys. I was just thinking the Mormonts have played big roles in the Stark/Barratheon storyline. The Commander taking Jon Snow under his wing and his son initially spying on Danny for the king. Thinking was never one of my strong points!

I'm sorry, my response was too harsh.

She was introduced now because the plot needed Sansa and Jon to go find some help from the Northern lords. Not because she is important herself.

Since the show failed to introduce or remember the audience about any of the Northern Lords (the only ones that were actually relevant in previous seasons, the Karstarks and the Umbers, already sided with the Boltons), they chose to introduce one that had a name that the audience was familiar with. Add to it the fact that they choose to have a 10 yer old girl ruling there to make an almost automatic marking scene (just compare it to the scene with the Glovers afterward, whith a random unknown lord), and that's it.

Archived