Shireen

22 hours ago, gandalfxj said:

this is a bit off topic, but does Arya need a specific purpose. She is now going back home with a fairly unique skill set. I am sure Sansa, Bran and Jon are happy for her help in the conflicts to come. She could infiltrate Riverrun to help recapture it for House Tully, she could finish of the Lannisters, Littlefinger or simply decide to sit in the godswood at Winterfell and contemplate her life choices.

Maybe I wasn't clear, I often am not! What I mean is, she is a major character, so there should be some major things for her to do still.

5 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

She told Stannis he would win. She told Stannis he was the savior of the world. She told Stannis he didn't need soldiers to win the war. 

I'm not saying she won't meet Arya. She might. I'm just saying that just because Mel said something, it doesn't mean that's going to happen. 

You're also forgetting that 'The Red Woman' is on Arya's kill list. They wouldn't make Arya put her on the kill list just for taking Gendry away if they weren't going to meet again.

That's totally different. Her fundamental belief in Stannis throughout the seasons (and his consequential failure) is not the same as Mel bumping into a random girl and saying they'd meet again. They wouldn't make a point of that if they weren't going to meet again- Arya doesn't mean anything to Mel at this point.

15 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I assume we'll get sad music and Davos finding the toy he carved for Shireen because it mirrors the non-plausibility of Jorah finding Dany's ring and it's the only way he will be sure that it was Shireen, specifically, who burned there.

I can totally see this too. It fits with the bad writing, so at least they are congruent with their own bs explanations <_<

38 minutes ago, mafro987daboss said:

You're also forgetting that 'The Red Woman' is on Arya's kill list. They wouldn't make Arya put her on the kill list just for taking Gendry away if they weren't going to meet again.

That's totally different. Her fundamental belief in Stannis throughout the seasons (and his consequential failure) is not the same as Mel bumping into a random girl and saying they'd meet again. They wouldn't make a point of that if they weren't going to meet again- Arya doesn't mean anything to Mel at this point.

So? :dunno: Joffrey, Tywin and the Mountain were all on Arya's list and they were killed by different people. Cersei is highly unlikely to be killed by Arya too, unless she starts using the Littlefinger teleporter. The Hound was on her list and yet she never killed him. 

And they have made a point about a lot of things which was later forgotten, or gone in a puff of smoke of inconsistency. Arya being left handed, Melisandre's necklace. Just to mention two regarding these characters. 

9 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

So? :dunno: Joffrey, Tywin and the Mountain were all on Arya's list and they were killed by different people. Cersei is highly unlikely to be killed by Arya too, unless she starts using the Littlefinger teleporter. The Hound was on her list and yet she never killed him. 

And they have made a point about a lot of things which was later forgotten, or gone in a puff of smoke of inconsistency. Arya being left handed, Melisandre's necklace. Just to mention two regarding these characters. 

So your argument is "because they've been inconsistent before they can be inconsistent now" basically. I for one am hoping this plot point won't just be forgotten- it seems more important than a necklace being on/off (people say that was done purposefully as Selyse can see Mel's true form) or a fighting hand being left/right.

14 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

and apparently, soon, walder will bite the dust but not by Arya

5 minutes ago, mafro987daboss said:

So your argument is "because they've been inconsistent before they can be inconsistent now" basically. I for one am hoping this plot point won't just be forgotten- it seems more important than a necklace being on/off (people say that was done purposefully as Selyse can see Mel's true form) or a fighting hand being left/right.

No. My argument is that we have no basis to take anything Melisandre says for granted, just like we have no basis to assume that someone on Arya's list is automatically going to be killed by Arya. 

And the necklace was continuity mistake. Arguing that it was for Selyse to see Mel's true self opens more questions than it answers. It doesn't make any sense. 

6 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

and apparently, soon, walder will bite the dust but not by Arya

Most likely, though the Freys are the only case in which I can see Arya's involvement being any realistic. Like.. A 2 on a scale of 10. She would still need Littlefinger's teleporter and all her self healing James Bond skills. But it's still more likely than Arya killing Cersei or Mel. 

25 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Melisandre and Kinvara will not die until the end of the story, they are the corner stones of the war of the dawn, Melisandre have a prophecy to fulfill with Jon, she will not be killed by Davos or Arya

Melisandre: I don't agree but I see where you are coming from. 

Kinvara: a corner stone? I mean... She's been around for 2 full minutes maybe...? o.O 

7 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

Melisandre: I don't agree but I see where you are coming from. 

Kinvara: a corner stone? I mean... She's been around for 2 full minutes maybe...? o.O 

I thought that because I think that the the prince that was promised prophecy will be set between Jon and Danny and will not be revealed until the end of the story

10 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I thought that because I think that the the prince that was promised prophecy will be set between Jon and Danny and will not be revealed until the end of the story

That's quite possible yeah. I personally don't see Kinvara in the story. 

Just now, RhaeBee said:

That's quite possible yeah. I personally don't see Kinvara in the story. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h3gZX0Lpho

Kinvara saying that Dany is the one that was promised, it's for confusing the viewers, now we have two contenders, and we will seat on the edge of our chairs waiting who is the real one

1 hour ago, Future Null Infinity said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h3gZX0Lpho

Kinvara saying that Dany is the one that was promised, it's for confusing the viewers, now we have two contenders, and we will seat on the edge of our chairs waiting who is the real one

I know that Kinvara said Daenerys is the one that was promised. I just don't see why she would play an important role in the who is the promised one, Jon or Daenerys, especially that it's not even the final and most important conflict. 

Archived