The Future of The North. (S6E9 Spoilers)

GoWesteros

Warning; This contains spoilers for the most recent episode of Game of Thrones. Season 6 Episode 9; Battle of The Bastards. 

So with The North liberated from the Bolton regime, Winterfell now draped with the Direwolf banners again it seems like Sansa is likely to become Wardeness of The North. Jon being A bastard, I can't see him getting the Warden title nor Lord of Winterfell, but he'll most certainly be her top advisor. Do we see them stripping the Umber's & the Karstark's of their lands and titles. Could anyone else see them giving either Karhold or Last Hearth to Davos and House Seaworth and the other to Tormund, his wildlings and the newly forme House Giantsbane. Of course the White Walker invasion is looming, so how do people see The North shaping up?

The North is Littlefinger's.  He's got the knights of the Vale in Winterfell and Sweetrobin is his puppet.  All the major Northern houses save the Manderlys forces were decimated in the battle.  Sansa owes him big time, she will probably be forced to marry Sweetrobin in order to solidify her position with an army. 

4 hours ago, shmewdog said:

The North is Littlefinger's.  He's got the knights of the Vale in Winterfell and Sweetrobin is his puppet.  All the major Northern houses save the Manderlys forces were decimated in the battle.  Sansa owes him big time, she will probably be forced to marry Sweetrobin in order to solidify her position with an army. 

Goodness I hope not. I thought we were past the "Sansa has to marry people" thing. 

Regarding the OP's question, I hope we'll see the Wildlings (what's left of them) get a holding before the actual war with the WWs. I guess we'll see, though. 

Sansa is the new Littlefinger. Littefinger's modus operandi is to be the power behind the throne instead of sitting on it himself. Jon has also been proven to be exceptionally easy to manipulate. That's why she'll probably support Jon as Lord of Winterfell rather than making the claim herself.

The Northern lords will support Jon because he's male and a great warrior.

4 hours ago, shmewdog said:

Yes, but how does the few wildlings, the few Mormonts, the Reeds, the Manderlys, etc would react to serve a house or a man other than a Stark. They are few but I don't think LF wants them angry, I think they will not follow an Arryn married or not to Sansa. I think the producers will find a way to legitimate Jon in order to make him Jon Stark and make him Lord of Winterfell, maybe in the way the northern houses made Rob king in the North, I don't know.

2 hours ago, Osric said:

Yes, but how does the few wildlings, the few Mormonts, the Reeds, the Manderlys, etc would react to serve a house or a man other than a Stark. They are few but I don't think LF wants them angry, I think they will not follow an Arryn married or not to Sansa. I think the producers will find a way to legitimate Jon in order to make him Jon Stark and make him Lord of Winterfell, maybe in the way the northern houses made Rob king in the North, I don't know.

Exactly what will happen. Wildlings is the main source of support for Jon and they essentially control Winterfell now, and they can give two shits about his bastard status. 

This is where all northern lords will gather and ELECT Jon as their king since he has Stark blood.

And Littlefinger is not going to survive next episode, mark my words. Jon and Ghost will have some "reward" for him that Sansa mentioned in the letter.

In the preview it seems Jon and Sansa say goodbye to each other. She will travel south on diplomatic mission with Lord Royce and Vale army to gain more political support for House Stark now that they have retaken Winterfell (which means automatically ar rebellion with Iron Throne once again). Just like Catelyn went to Walder Frey and Renly Baratheon on behalf of Robb.

Yeah, next episode Jon will become King in the North. Northerners and wildlings will ELECT him while Sansa also supports his claim.

OK I won't use spoilers as several other people have leaked Jon will be king in the North next episode, while I do think this is logical and in line with his probably book arc (he must unite the north against the white walkers) I am perplexed in terms of what Sansa does next for her arc and for the final season, going back to the Vale seems a little pointless to me and

according to spoilers there won't be much left of kings landing after next episode

, I am expecting Dorne to ally with the invading Dany so what is left unless she is sent to treat with the Mad Queen too?

Based on the trailer, I am assuming that Jon finds out about Sansa's lie and forgives her and Sansa plays the same role for Jon that Tyrion is playing for Dany in the final season.  Emo-boy is in desperate need of a clear headed advisor who calls him on his stupidity and it would be a fun parallel.  I also suspect that LF is the one who pieces together Jon's parentage and uses it to manipulate the situation.  

I also hope that if the spoilers are true, Jon does something that shows himself worthy of his "election".  Right now, he is guy who let his emotions get the better of him, walked straight into a trap, and had to get bailed out by his sister and creepy uncle Littlefinger.  

14 hours ago, Scorpion92 said:

Exactly what will happen. Wildlings is the main source of support for Jon and they essentially control Winterfell now, and they can give two shits about his bastard status. 

This is where all northern lords will gather and ELECT Jon as their king since he has Stark blood.

And Littlefinger is not going to survive next episode, mark my words. Jon and Ghost will have some "reward" for him that Sansa mentioned in the letter.

In the preview it seems Jon and Sansa say goodbye to each other. She will travel south on diplomatic mission with Lord Royce and Vale army to gain more political support for House Stark now that they have retaken Winterfell (which means automatically ar rebellion with Iron Throne once again). Just like Catelyn went to Walder Frey and Renly Baratheon on behalf of Robb.

Yeah, next episode Jon will become King in the North. Northerners and wildlings will ELECT him while Sansa also supports his claim.

I also heard....

Spoiler

Lyanna Mormont gives one hell of a speech and is the catalyst to the Northern Houses declaring loyalty to Jon.   I can't wait to see this speech.

17 hours ago, Scorpion92 said:

I doubt Sansa ever leaves the North again. I wouldn't. Would you?

10 hours ago, GoWesteros said:

So where exactly are these elusive Manderlys you foks up there are mentioning? I didn't see them on the show.

The North is without a doubt Jon's now. The Umbers Karstarks, and Bolton's forces have been decimated. And the houses that fought with him have pretty much all proclaimed their support for him. Sansa did nothing but do a lot of talking and not inform them that she requested help that could have saved a lot of lives.

56 minutes ago, The Broke Howard Hughes said:

I doubt Sansa ever leaves the North again. I wouldn't. Would you?

Well, depends, if she has Vale army behind her back and she needs to strengthen her family's position in the south, then I think she HAS to do it. 

Last time she stayed at Winterfell, she was not exactly safe, would not you agree?

Sansa's arc this season has been all about amassing power and supporters to gain her goals (Brienne and Pod, then Jon, Davos and wildlings, now Littlefinger and Vale army). She needs to keep accumulating power for House Stark, especially since she knows White Walkers are coming, and Winterfell will be the first place they will hit after bypassing the Wall.

You're right she wasn't safe at all. But I attribute that more to the Boltons than anything else. You may be right about increasing power for House Stark, depending on what her goals are it may be necessary. But if it were me, I bring the North to heel, deal with the Umbers and Karstarks to show Westeros precisely what I'm capable of, then I'd lay low for a while. When someone tries some political nonsense I'd utilize that Littlefinger tutelage to show them I'm no fool then I'd let my reputation do the rest.

Archived