What is Littlefinger's next move?

ssls6

45 minutes ago, Charlie Hustle said:

How about Sansa is just happy to be HOME, with one of her siblings. She could care less about politics, especially after all she went through. Also, once again i dont think Jon cares about politics, as he have stated many times, the ultimate battle is coming soon, so i wouldnt be surprised if he gives her the reigns.

Thats not his cup of tea. Sana will play LF because she dont trust his ass anymore anyways.

I agree. The story's coming to an end. I'm pretty sure Jon has told Sansa what the real threat is at this point. The North needs a leader who's able to fight the WW now, it's not really the time to play politics. What'd be the point of her being the "Queen in the North" if Winterfell would soon be destroyed by the WW? Just for the sake of power, or birthright? The role the leader of House Stark will play is bigger than politics. I don't think Sansa's so petty as to fight Jon for this.

37 minutes ago, Survivor92 said:

Her look to LF is a look of defiance.

This is what I got from their look to one another. She seemed to become more determined rather than agree with him. I wonder if she'll get sick of his mind games and just let Brienne stab him in the guts? 

Littlefinger has been kind of inert this season. He's usually all over the place, power playing, mind gaming, maneuvering different pieces of the board to suit his objectives. He just seems to have spent the past 10 episodes waiting about until Sansa needs him.  

I disagree with any pending feud between Sansa and Jon. As someone earlier mentioned she knows that Jon is now in the way of what Littlefinger wants. Jon didn't call the meeting to become king. He called it to oraganize against the white walkers. He didn't want to be Lord Commander either but the Starks unlike some know that power comes first with responsibility. The privileges come later. Robb forgot that and it cost him. 

That scene needed a fair more bit of recapping for the rest of the Northmen about the tales they were told as children being real. 

If there is a conflict it will be petty bickering about how to handle Littlefinger. Not seeing a full out battle for the head-seat at Winterfell. 

Well, since D&D seem to think there is a pending feud, I guess there will be some tension. But I don't think this leads to  dramatic betrayal of Jon by Sansa as much as some forced melodrama to keep things in the North "interesting" in their minds.

1 hour ago, Survivor92 said:

Jon practically offered Sansa the position on a silver platter. Then she refused it and said he deserved it (the Lord's room is yours). If there is a Jon vs Sansa conflict next season or jealousy on Sansa's part, then this is horrible writing. I assumed the look between Sansa and Littlefinger was a conflict between them. LF wanted Sansa to claim the throne but she gave it to Jon. Her look to LF is a look of defiance.

You say this like you didn't watch Sansa be all dramatic (for no reason) last episode :P

There shouldn't be any problems...but I'd be surprised if there weren't. Will be interesting to see how Arya and Bran play into this.

If it's anything it's Sansa with LF going for the Iron Throne or just the Riverlands.

No way Sansa tries to usurp Jon's position. For one, all those northern lords that just pledged to Jon would never have it.

Plus, it isn't Sansa's right, it is Bran's. If he comes back and is okay with it, as I'm sure he will be, Sansa has no position to stake a claim.

Sansa probably  will end up as queen of the north either via Jon dying in the fight against the Others or if he ends up claiming the IT.

I don't think there's a lot of story left, so LF's next move is probably his last. There's not going to be a whole new round of drawn-out plotting and scheming for the Iron Throne. I expect he'll stick around to set up conflict and sow discord, but I don't think he has any big plays left.

If I were Littlefinger, I'd leave Winterfell pretty immediately. Sansa flat out rejected him and his advances, so she clearly doesn't want to be involved with him anymore, and pretty sure Jon doesn't want him there either. If LF continues to try to coerce Sansa in some way and Jon finds out, he'll have Baelish banished or possibly even executed. 

Ilikethesebooks was right. I think the only people who could help him are Euron (if they ever run into each other), or Cersei. If Cersei learns that Jon and Sansa took over Winterfell from Ramsay and House Bolton, she'll see it as a sort of rebellion and want to act on it, if she's not too busy defending herself from everyone in  King's Landing.

2 hours ago, ImNoSer said:

ya this is confusing. I dont know what D&D are up to here.

Me neither. I suppose that they are merely trying to create hype for the next season, because if Sansa was supposed to act against Jon in a way, they just missed a perfect chance to do it. Imagine if the scenes from Winterfell were in slightly different order - Jon is declared KitN, Sansa is overlooked, jealous, anger, then she goes to godswood and meets Littlefinger who offers her marriage and power... and she accepts. Instead the whole season was building up to nothing in that way. Now that they blew this chance, I don't see it happening anymore. If there are really to be only 2 more seasons and maybe not even with 10 episodes each, I'd say that there is not time for that. Unless it would some  kind of quarrel lasting like 3 episodes, there is no time to develop the story.

The show has certainly not set up any conflict between Sansa and Jon.  If it happens it will be unimportant filler because they have not had the WW's invade yet.  LF should talk to Sansa again and say hey lets marry and take Riverrun now that Jon has WF, and if she says no he should go take it himself so he has 2 regions.  That's his best bet right now.  If he knows of Danaerys he should be trying to marry her, Tyrion and Varys aside if she thinks he can hand her 2 regions on a silver platter that's a hell of an offer.

3 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

I suppose that if he doesn't just go home and start growing pumpkins or something like that, one of the few things he can do is to try to create a conflict between Sansa and Jon. Now that Sansa was practically jumped over in the line of succession and she was not given what is her by right, it seems like a good position for LF to try to turn her against Jon. At this point I can't see him actually achieving anything.

Lady Mormont spoke for the entire North basically when she said Sansa was a Bolton or a Lannister. The North does not trust her ATM. 

3 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

I think we are viewing it in a very similar way. 

I think it's been setup, very obviously, for some sort of tension / conflict between Jon and Sansa moving forward. 

The fact that Sansa hasn't just dismissed LF to get lost and do his own thing, is very telling. 

Sansa is finally playing the game. 

Poor Jon might be the one who gets caught

Sadly this, except Jon will work out of it. But D&D beat you over the head with foreshadowing, and this stinks of that.

4 minutes ago, Mourneblade said:

Lady Mormont spoke for the entire North basically when she said Sansa was a Bolton or a Lannister. The North does not trust her ATM.

Which is to me another reason why Sansa should be angry. She views herself as a Stark, she as forced to marry a Lannister and the amount of her free will regarding her marriage to Ramsay is questionable. And she is trueborn Stark. It makes sense to me that she would be angry and jealous that she was overlooked because a few arranged marriages and what is hers by right was given to a bastard.

Sansa turning Little Finger down and rejecting him was basically a betrayal because she and Jon would be dead were it not for Little Finger.   He saved her life and he expects something in return.  If I were Sansa I would probably kill Little Finger just to keep him from killing Jon as revenge for the betrayal.  

Re-watched the KitN scene, it seems that when Jon stands up as everyone is chanting "KING IN THE NORTH", she looks up at him and has a gring/smile.  I'm honestly not sure if that is because she is just happy for him, or if she had a part in it somehow.

LF at first looks annoyed, then right at the end it is almost like he smirks a little or something and Sansa's expression changes as well.  LF is a master at covering his tracks, so maybe he was dismayed that now Sansa won't be the ruler of the North, and the smirk at the end was a cover to confuse her.  Or perhaps he is playing a game with Jon bein the KitN and taking the brunt of anything that is to come.

Pretty tough to tell with LF, because they have set him ok in the show (better in the books) of setting things up so they may not look the best for him, but it plays into his long game.

There might be some Jon/Sansa feud in the next season but i actually think that Sansa will now play Littlefinger. Of course Littlefinger is very good in scheming and plotting and all that but i wouldnt be surprised if the student (Sansa) surpasses the master (LF). LF told Sansa that he wants the Iron Throne and her. If he is lying he is playing with Sansa to get what he wants but maybe Sansa is his weak point. Every man has one and LFs could be Sansa. A man truly in love always fails to behave cool and think rational.LF once told her that he always keeps his enemies confused to be unpredictable. Maybe he failed this time and told her his true intentions. Maybe Sansa will use his love to defeat him or for another purpose. It would also be a ''strong woman'' move, something the show now likes to do to make the critics happy. 

Or maybe everything i said is wrong and LF is still the number one mega mind in the show and will play sansa like a puppet...

7 hours ago, Lyin' Ned said:

If he had half a brain cell he'd offer to give the Vale to Dany in exchange for her hand in marriage, and voila!, he ends up on the Iron Throne like he always wanted. 

Tyrion has always disliked LF and he was one of the few who never trusted him (yes Ned, Catelyn, young Sansa...I'm looking at you) ... he would advise her to not trust him and marry somebody else... and she would listen.

Archived