Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

As far as I know, Subpress doesn't offer "lifetime subscriptions" (at least not in the way I'm thinking). I think the way he generally offers rights is to the holder of the most recently published title in the series. Still, you're probably right that someone with #2 has a good relationship with Bill. It's quite possible they do have an equivalent to "lifetime subscription"!

Sub Press did offer lifetime subscriptions. Bill will give you the rights to a book as long as the next book in the series has not already been purchased or if it's a lifetime subscription. I bought a copy of Feast after I was able to get a copy of Dance when SP opened buying to the public. I could not match that book because the original owner had bought Dance. I found another copy of Feast and the owner had not ordered Dance and I was able to get rights for that number through SP. I believe I am also able to get other series with the same number.

If anyone buys a book and is confused about rights, just shoot SP an email and they'll tell you right away if you are entitled to rights or what you have to do to get them.

Can someone please answer me this? Why does it seem that people are determined to destroy matching sets or any matching parts of a set, for that matter? I really frustrates me. For instance, why would a "lifetime" subscriber choose to keep some books but sell ADwD?

Also, all of these sellers on ebay seem like they are being very difficult. They have the rights but won't give them up, even though they are already breaking apart the set... ugh!

Yeah I'm currently in negotiations about the rights for mine considering what i paid so that will probably determine if I return it or not :unsure:

I think you are being smart about trying to get the rights. It will save you a lot of money in the long run. If the seller is being difficult, just return the book. The next time you want to purchase a book from the series, etc, post here. Do not go to ebay unless you have to. It is good community and the members here will definitely help you out, in finding the books that you need.

Also, keep posting and checking back, it may take a few months, but you will probably be able to find what you are looking for here.

Can someone please answer me this? Why does it seem that people are determined to destroy matching sets or any matching parts of a set, for that matter? I really frustrates me. For instance, why would a "lifetime" subscriber choose to keep some books but sell ADwD? (ie. Camelot books)

Also, all of these sellers on ebay seem like they are being very difficult. They have the rights but won't give them up, even though they are already breaking apart the set... ugh!

I wouldn't throw this on Camelot. In fact, Kim and Tony have always been good to me. Even tried to help me reunite my #40 set (though the owner of 40 SoS refused to trade under any conditions and the owner of 40 AFfC wanted both SoS and AFfC in exchange for his AFfC; people are the worst).

Camelot's policy, as I understand it (having bought a few limiteds from them in the past) is that they offer the future rights in the series to any book buyers, if they have them. For example, anyone who bought A Feast for Crows from them got the rights to ADwD and the future books going forward.

That wouldn't prevent someone from saying "meh. Sorry! Don't want the future books." If someone does that, Camelot is left with future books that it can then sell.

So, if you have to cast your ire on someone, cast it on those bozos who want a "one-off" book for breaking up these sets.

I wouldn't throw this on Camelot. In fact, Kim and Tony have always been good to me. Even tried to help me reunite my #40 set (though the owner of 40 SoS refused to trade under any conditions and the owner of 40 AFfC wanted both SoS and AFfC in exchange for his AFfC; people are the worst).

Camelot's policy, as I understand it (having bought a few limiteds from them in the past) is that they offer the future rights in the series to any book buyers, if they have them. For example, anyone who bought A Feast for Crows from them got the rights to ADwD and the future books going forward.

That wouldn't prevent someone from saying "meh. Sorry! Don't want the future books." If someone does that, Camelot is left with future books that it can then sell.

So, if you have to cast your ire on someone, cast it on those bozos who want a "one-off" book for breaking up these sets.

I am sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I do not know anything about Camelot books, or the owners. I was just using that as an example, to try to understand why these sets keep getting broken up. Thanks for clearing it up.

Just for the record, I love Camelot Books.

I think this is right on the money. I was only trying to guess who might have rights to purchase is all. Camelot Books had a lot of ACoK, ASoS sets in their inventory when they were not selling for what they are now, so I think it's fair they have the rights to the same numbers when they are selling.

But breaking up sets is sad. Very sad.

It's possible they are also lifetime subscribers and have the rights to their number of all series Sub Press publishes and won't/can't give up rights. I'm not sure if this is what SP did but some start up publisher's ask for a large sum of money up front for lifetime subscriptions and those customer's get every book they publish whether they want them or not, hence selling them without rights.

It's possible they are also lifetime subscribers and have the rights to their number of all series Sub Press publishes and won't/can't give up rights. I'm not sure if this is what SP did but some start up publisher's ask for a large sum of money up front for lifetime subscriptions and those customer's get every book they publish whether they want them or not, hence selling them without rights.

I don't think that's how SP operates. I think if you buy a book from them in the series, you'll get the right of first refusal. Put another way, you'll get first dibs on the next book in the series. If you don't want it, they'll sell the next book (with the right of first refusal) to the next bloke who comes along...

Archived