Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

BTW, do you guys use Dusk Jacket Protective covers for this series? I usually put one on my books but I don't know if it is necessary with the case already

Yes, I use Brodart archival covers. They fit the MM editions perfectly, but for the subterranean press editions you will need to cut them, so the books will still fit into the slipcases, without damage. They will protect your dj from sun damage, etc. If you need me to explain how to cut them I will gladly help.

http://www.shopbroda...jo1Ojo6Ojo6MDo=

You may have to go through a few to figure out the exact fit. Also, use a bone folder to make sharp creases for the dj cover.

I've also used Brodart covers on my copies but I haven't had to make any cuts. I've just folded them over and they fit into the slipcases just fine.

Yeah the have different Brodart models. With the archival just-a-fold iii, there is an extra sheet that totally incases the dustjacket. which makes the dj too thick to fit into the slipcase, so i guess it depends on which one you use.

Also, all of these sellers on ebay seem like they are being very difficult. They have the rights but won't give them up, even though they are already breaking apart the set... ugh!

I can understand this frustration but really, why would you give up the rights? It doesn't make sense if you can sell just the book for ~$900, rights not included. How much more of a premium would you be able to sell the rights for? If you're the seller I can see the desire to just keep the rights, buy Winds of Winter for $300 and make a quick 3x profit down the road like so many are doing with DwD now.

He's dropped the price to a more reasonable $950 http://www.ebay.com/itm/370691028751 :bang:

Oh, sweet Jeebus. So, I have the MM AGoT and CoK #40. THIS IS THE SAME D-BAG WHO GOT to #40 AFfC a week before I could get it from Camelot Books, and then REFUSED TO TRADE ME unless I gave him both a matching SoS and AFfC.

He's probably already sold off the AFfC.

(This on top of the couple who refused, under any circumstances, to trade me their SoS #40 for another number; they wanted it as a standalone for their collection).

Sigh. What could have been.

I can understand this frustration but really, why would you give up the rights? It doesn't make sense if you can sell just the book for ~$900, rights not included. How much more of a premium would you be able to sell the rights for? If you're the seller I can see the desire to just keep the rights, buy Winds of Winter for $300 and make a quick 3x profit down the road like so many are doing with DwD now.

Yes, you have to understand you are on Westeros.org, so most people here care PRO keeping the books together. As I am sure you know, there has been a lot of problems surrounding these limited editions. Many people have spent a lot of time and money trying to salvage these sets. Subterranean has tried very hard to come up with a system tries to keep books together, as a set, or partial set.

If it were me, I would sell the book, and just charge more for the rights. I think it is the fair thing to do. But I get that people just want to make a buck, and could care less about the above....

They do not do this! I really hope you haven't been keeping anything in sunlight.

I keep all of my books in a dark room with no direct sunlight. Brodart Achival Dust Jacket Covers actually DO offer UV protection, and help minimize sun damage. You can find the information Here:

http://www.shopbroda...chival-storage/

And here:

http://books.google.... damage&f=false

You should never put any valuable books in direct sunlight.

Oh, sweet Jeebus. So, I have the MM AGoT and CoK #40. THIS IS THE SAME D-BAG WHO GOT to #40 AFfC a week before I could get it from Camelot Books, and then REFUSED TO TRADE ME unless I gave him both a matching SoS and AFfC.

He's probably already sold off the AFfC.

(This on top of the couple who refused, under any circumstances, to trade me their SoS #40 for another number; they wanted it as a standalone for their collection).

Sigh. What could have been.

This is the same seller who had a matching set for $10,000 on Ebay for over a year. He eventually sold it for a more reasonable price.

Yes, you have to understand you are on Westeros.org, so most people here care PRO keeping the books together. As I am sure you know, there has been a lot of problems surrounding these limited editions. Many people have spent a lot of time and money trying to salvage these sets. Subterranean has tried very hard to come up with a system tries to keep books together, as a set, or partial set.

If it were me, I would sell the book, and just charge more for the rights. I think it is the fair thing to do. But I get that people just want to make a buck, and could care less about the above....

Oh I understand. I joined my matching lettered set many years ago from three sources, so I know as well as anyone the frustrations of joining up a broken set.

Many of the quick sellers now are book sellers/individuals in it for the money. If they're going to make a similar amount on the next book (~600), why sell? I can't imagine many would be willing to pay that markup for rights. Not to mention the huge profits they'll make off the reprints of AGoT and ACoK from SubP. You're looking at ~2,500 easy profit if the books stay as popular, and maybe more for the reprints of the first two.

I'm not saying it's a good thing but shows how important and valuable the rights to future volumes (at least 4 more) are. If I were starting out collecting the editions, I'd do whatever it takes to lock up the rights. If not, you're just stuck paying hugely inflated priced, right after publication, for many more volumes.

I'd also be interesting to hear from other matching set owners. While the idea of the sets being split is heartbreaking, in the deep dark recesses of your mind you'd have to realize that just makes the matched sets that much more rare and valuable...

I will have an almost matching set of the SP books except for ASoS. I have a different number (in the 50s) but I think it's better than not having that book at all. I would love to reunite it with it's set but not until I can find a replacement for mine. I also came across a PC copy of Clash and I would eventually like to have the MM Game also, in a PC copy if possible so no sets are harmed :D

I'm in the same boat with my Dark Tower S/Ls. I'm missing DT2 and have spent quite a few years looking for it (it was on Ebay at one point but I lost the auction and the seller wouldn't give me the buyer's info). I might break down and try to get a different number eventually to have the set complete.

So I took everyone's advice on here, the seller for the #2 copy did indeed have a subscription so they could not transfer the rights to me, their best offer was to contact me first once they ordered the book and sell it to me, obviously at a premium. So I did return that #2 copy and purchased the #40 copy that was listed on ebay with rights (don't worry I did not pay the crazy $1900 list price nor the $950 sale price). Anyway that's that thanks for the help on here from everyone. Obviously I am now looking for the #40 of SoS and AFFC. Someone was saying the #40 AFFC recently sold on ebay? If anyone has more information on that that would be great.

Archived