Quote system

Jcat

Excuse me, but the process of applying quotes to reply posts is !*#?!!! missed-up.  I want to reply to some new posts on a topic I started, but an old qoute that I later decided I did not want to use keeps popping-up.  How do I get rid of the !*#?!!! thing please?

Thanks for any help.

On 2/7/2016 at 11:52 PM, Jcat said:

Excuse me, but the process of applying quotes to reply posts is !*#?!!! missed-up.  I want to reply to some new posts on a topic I started, but an old qoute that I later decided I did not want to use keeps popping-up.  How do I get rid of the !*#?!!! thing please?

Thanks for any help.

It happens to me a lot. I just delete it.

5 hours ago, Darkstream said:

I've been having this same problem. If you are on a mobile and don't have a delete button, just the backspace button, it won't delete the previous quote.

This happens to me a lot on my mobile. Just yesterday it happened three random times in one thread. I know to delete and go outside the quoted box and backspace again, but it doesn't always work. Sometimes I have to go ahead and submit my post and then immediately go back in to edit it. 

26 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

This happens to me a lot on my mobile. Just yesterday it happened three random times in one thread. I know to delete and go outside the quoted box and backspace again, but it doesn't always work. Sometimes I have to go ahead and submit my post and then immediately go back in to edit it. 

Yup, that's what I've been doing as well. I just figured out a trick though. If you click on the quote box, and then click on one of the emoji thingys, it will replace the quote box, and then you can delete the smiley face. :)...:o 

Happens to me too on mobile. If I quote someone at some point the quote and anything I write underneath it will get stuck in the thread and can't be deleted. Only thing I could do about it so far is to post and tell people to ignore it afterwards because it can't even be edited later. Now I just don't use quotes on my phone. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived